X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only good can come of this... That fan made my day :-D

Going back to the roots of what wasthe nspiration for the BMW Roundel

Comment

Finally finished the engine/exhaust. Washed the Bronze Bomber for the first time in...almost a year. Here are a couple pictures, and if you clink the link, it will take you to YouTube for a video of the exhaust as I'm not savvy enough to embed the video (don't laugh, it's slow and I know it!) Hood will be going back on VERY soon. Lost motivation to install it, and it also helped me discover a leak or 2 as soon as they happened.

In-Car Video
      And here is one of a 325i that a friend of mine owns
      85' 318i ~The Bronze Bomber (FrankenM10 with a Forced Future :wgaf:)

Comment

This is coming along quite well. Makes me wanna fool around with an M10.
        E30 buildy things
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=195286

Comment

You need new diving board surrounds! I got a pair but they'd be a pain to ship.

is she running ?
          1985 325e M50TU(Sold)
          1991 318is Slicktop (Sold)
          1990 325is Brilliantrot S50/5 Lug Swapped.
          1992 525i Manual shitbox Winter Beater

Comment

She is indeed running, right above the picture of the red car is a link to a video. Check it out if you like

Comment

No turbo yet, just finished up the engine aspect of it. It's now low comp, larger displacement. As is...it's better than what it was by far. I'm gonna be starting a new job in the very near future. Once I do, all excess funds will go towards the turbo aspect of the build. I'm also trying to pick up an e28 from a guy I know on the cheap to have as a driver while my car is down...again.

Comment

Great work keep it up!

Comment

Went to Pick-N-Pull to grab a new seatbelt receptical thing. Got what I went for...and more. Found a nice condition rear seat and rear panels. Got a new sunroof crank cover and knob (mine was missing). New power window switch and a temporary rear roundal since a thief stole my turd or a emblem years ago.

Before

And After

I tried to get the door cards too since they were in good shape, but didn't bring a panel popper with me, and the cards tore. I will be on the lookout for some though.

Comment

I have a thing for the M10. Not sure why. Maybe it's the simplicity and size of it. Makes for the lightest front end for the best turn in feel. And they are uncommon to see now, i've seen many e30 and different engines in them in person but never an M10. Great work on this!
                    Zinno '89 <24v swap in progress>

Comment

Sweet! looking good.
                      sigpic

Comment

Minor update:
                        Fixed my valve cover gasket leak with a new gasket (didn't replace gasket when I adjusted valves after heat cycling). Everything appears good under the cap. I'm about due for an oil change I would say. Readjusted my rocker locks as a couple had a little play between it and the rocker. All are snug now.

And I got some parts for a future weekend. Not sure when I will get around to it, but it's nice knowing I have something ready to accomplish. Tie Rod Ends and Control Arms. I have had new Lollipop bushings (poly) for quite some time, but figured I would just do it all at the same time. I might even get some e90 top hats too

And yes...that is safety wire holding my injector clips on (all are broken), don't judge me! :hitler:
                        Now I just need to go MS + EDIS. And buy me some new rockers and a cam (2002 options are cheaper, thus waiting until MS + EDIS)
                        And a note to those with a m10 318i, who buys a header from RaceTEP, and are lowered. Be prepared for this to happen.
                        Last edited by Hey_You; 06-29-2012, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Dang your head so clean. I'm jello

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
                          DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

The Bronze Bomber had a blow-out no the left rear tire the other day. Ended up only needing to replace the tire, no damage to anything. New tires all the way around, should be ready for my trip to Phoenix next week. Talked to a guy I know about his old e28 528e. Was going to buy it for dirt cheap, but he decided that dirt cheap was too much, and is just going to give me the car. It's been sitting for a long time, but I think I can bring it back to life. Plans...ALL new fluids, all new rubber items, timing belt, waterpump, plugs, wires, basic stuff. Then, going to get some cheap coils and find me some OE BMW wheels and call it good. When I take ownership of the car, I shall call it....The Silver Slug. Here is a couple pictures of it (shitty phone pics, my camera battery died). It's got a rebuilt engine in it, 5sp, LSD rear diff. Only reason why it was parked was because the clutch hydrolics failed. Body is dent free, just rough paint. Interior is clean, no rips, but dash has gone to shit.

Comment

Oh nice, wish somebody would give me an e28 :/

My GF doesn't though lol, I'm trying to sell off some toys as it is.

Oh and Hi, btw I'm Zach :) I think this is my first post... been here reading for a bit, trying to bring an 85 318i back to life myself.

Comment

I have an 85 318i too with m10. I want to rebuild the engine just to keep it fresh. Love what you did with car. The time line of your pics and story is priceless!
                                *1985 318i* STOCK

Comment

Working...
                                X