No announcement yet.

E30 S50 Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well the turbo is supposed to be good for 550hp. Im going for around 400whp as its my dd in the summer, so we will see how it turns out.

I put the bov there because the flange that came with it was stainless not aluminum which i found out when i dropped off my IC piping for welding and i didnt want to have to wait for another flange. I don't see it having any ill effects. Also this way its semi hidden.

Comment

Originally posted by sharky View Post
      any reason you are running bov pre turbo instead of pre throttle body?
      Pretty sure that is the Wastegate? The BOV is right on the charge pipe leaving the turbo. There are mixed opinions on BOV placement
      85' 318i ~The Bronze Bomber (FrankenM10 with a Forced Future :wgaf:)

Comment

Originally posted by Boosted E30 View Post
        Well the turbo is supposed to be good for 550hp. Im going for around 400whp as its my dd in the summer, so we will see how it turns out.
        What rear ratio will you be running? I sure would love to see a vid of it pulling off.

Comment

Its 3.25lsd if i remember correctly. It needs a rebuild the bearings are pretty noisy and its not really a lsd anymore thats on the to do list as well.

Wastegate is underneath. Bov is right after the turbo behind the headlight.

Comment

I have a rebuilt kit for your diff $80

Comment

I can get the bearings from my parts supplier but the only thing im unsure of is what i will need to refresh the lsd.

Comment

hahahah nice plate :up:

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

that turbo setup is one of my dreams... does it go forward? :)
                  *** For sale: euro stuff, BBS steering wheels, smoked tail lights, bunch of rare wheels (5x120 and 4x100) ***

[/color]

Comment

Are you the guy that bought my turbo a few years back? Looks just like the gt3582r i sold to a guy in canada hah.

Comment

Originally posted by sharky View Post
                      any reason you are running bov pre turbo instead of pre throttle body?

The blow off valve is in the right spot, he just has it closer to the compressor wheel of the turbo. The blow off valve releases pressure when you close the throttle plate. The only thing that might change is the maf before the turbo (draw through) and the maf after (blow through).

My Build

Comment

Originally posted by Boosted E30 View Post
                        Thanks, There's a few turbo e30's kicking around lots of 24v swaps going on that should be done this year. Do you ever make it down to Calgary or do you live mainly in fort mac?

Tuning is done with Trm's blow through tune with 60lb injectors.
                        Mostly in ft Mac but I do visit Calgary often, not usually with the e30 though

Next time im down in the spring I'll give ya a shout and you can take me for a rip!

mtech1/2jzgte/r154/275tire
                        function>form

Comment

Originally posted by AC Nico View Post
                          that turbo setup is one of my dreams... does it go forward? :)
                          If i push it forwards it goes does that count?
                          Im still waiting on the oil feed flange for the turbo with a built in restrictor, the one thats on there is way to big and is just there to keep shit from falling into the housing.

Originally posted by ubernasty View Post
                          Are you the guy that bought my turbo a few years back? Looks just like the gt3582r i sold to a guy in canada hah.
                          Nope wasnt me.

Comment

Awesome!
                            Full of goodness!

Be safe with that monster!

Comment

fantastic build!! can't wait to see the dyno sheet when it's done and all buttoned up!
                              stephenbrody.com

Comment

Wow! Man that looks like its gonna be a good time.

COTM

Comment

Working...
                                X