X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweet car and nice Audi. Not a fan of the all black but hey it works
    '91 318is

Comment

how does everyone hate on the Audi? That's the 2.2t ur-s4, I am in love with these, and will definitely have one of these, or a B5 S4 as my next car.

1991 318is -> 2004 R32 -> 2002 Jetta TDI -> 2014 FiST

No E30 Club

Comment

It was a really fun car, they didn't hate on the car so much as the fact that there was a water bottle in the back floor boards, some dirt scattered about the carpet and it hadn't put the grills back in the bumper for the for sale ad.

The funny thing about those motors is they use them as anti-tank armor in Iraq.

I'm having a little bit of trouble working out the deal for my 1jzgte up in Charleston, so I may have to search for a 5 speed swap and either a M5x or just turbo the m20. I was really hoping to do something a little more "different" though.

Comment

Okay guys I had a little bit of a hiccup with my current plans.

The trip started off great. After checking the oil, coolant, etc since the car had sat for over 3 months we were ready to go.

Celebratory pic:

Drove downtown to say some goodbyes. My car wanted to say goodbye to some of the "youngins" arriving fresh off the boat.

We made it roughly 200 miles down the road and after a few stops to grab the gf food, change a diaper we were good. ...ORRRRR so we thought.

I was going roughly 80 when this happened. Needless to say I almost lost it and the car dove for the guard rail and oncoming traffic. My cruise control was on and it thought it was a brilliant idea to give more throttle during the ordeal.

O RLY?

Also needless to say, I was pissed, frustrated, and very hot. The OBC said 96 degrees before I got started.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

and a shot of the janky ass factory jack and the chunk of fender my tire tried to take with it.

I didn't end up getting the 1jzgte as the guy wanted to include a MKIII Supra shell that I didn't want, have a need for, or have a way to get back 400 miles.

Anyway I'm going tomorrow to go pick up a NV M50 from a 525. Wish me luck.

Comment

It's not too late.... M52B28 OBDI is a least 9000 times better than a M50NV. I'm JUST SAYIN'!

Signature is hilarious....

Comment

I don't have the cash or I would have! I looked at your thread today actually. I'll post pics later today of the m50...for no particular reason.

The sig is from my old euro 325i that high fived a manhole cover. lol

Comment

So I went to pick this up yesterday

I was pretty excited because it's a NV motor which if I did my research right, means that it has the OBDI exhaust manifold, intake manifold, and the front sump pan that I will need to swap it.

On the way home I really got to thinking about everything I wanted to do with the car. I won't lie I got more than a little discouraged. I have a job, a 4 month old, *insert other random excuses here* and I don't know if I really have the motivation to put the car together. I've never done more than basic bolt ons to a car and there is a lot riding on doing this correctly.

The last thing I want to do is end up stranded with my son and no AC.

I may put the motor up for sale and focus on cleaning the car up and making it look nice. Either way I R-E-A-L-L-Y need to get a 5-speed swapped in. The AUTO is probably having the largest effect on my discouragement.

ANYWAY,

I decided to put effort into other ways so I threw on a set of wheels to see if I wanted to keep those or put them up for sale as well.

With some spacers I think they'd look great, but I'm going to put them up for sale. They just aren't me.

I also picked these up too. I never realized how heavy these were!

And took out some frustration on my fender. After the tire blew it pulled down my bumper, valence, lip and left rubber embedded in every panel on the driver's side with the only exception being the quarter panel. It was a mess.

The outcome wasn't bad, but it still needs a lot of work.

On an off topic note, does anyone know why my pictures seem to come and go on here?

Comment

Good read! Try using flickr, Photobucket is teh sux.
                  sigpic
                  TRANSACTION FEEDBACK HERE
                  FOR SALE ITEMS HERE

Comment

Okay, I got tired of bitching around in an automatic so I did a little hunting and found this:

It's a getrag 260 with supposedly 86,000 miles on it. I bought it from a guy that works for Enjuku, so who knows.

He had a box of e30 parts sitting in his garage next to some PERFECT refinished Enkei 92's and a bunch of other bad ass stuff that makes you feel jealous. I ended up coming home with a set of fogs, US ellips, a clutch and flywheel (probably. I'm new to this stuff) along with the transmission.

SCORE.

Is this useable? Get it resurfaced? Use it as a coaster? Let me know.

If nothing else I'll use it for the best game of ultimate frisbee ever.

Also, here's the ECU I snagged with the M50, although I'm pretty sure I can't use it.

Well, that's it for now. I have stockpiled an ASS of shit but my GF never gives me time to work on it anymore so who knows when it will all go together.

Oh Yeah! and someone needs to buy my MOMO wheels!

Comment

Okay, so a lot has happened since my last post. Nothing really interesting per say, but a lot still.

I finally got around to putting the GC's on and a year too late I realized I was sent the wrong front springs. FUCK.

I ordered 550lb front springs and received 440lbs. Oh well.

Here's just the rear installed: 650lb rears

We didn't get around to the fronts as we also put a set of springs on my buddy's Z33.

I sold both sets of wheels I had (the MOMO's and the Salad Shooters) and picked up a set of Borbet Type S in 16x9 ET15. I tried them on for a test fit and to my surprise they mounted right up. Not surprisingly when I gave them a quick spin the weights quickly made contact with the shock housing making a solidly disappointing THUD.

I hastily posted here wondering what spacer I should buy and was advised a 3mm. Now me being the king of never remembering things I need to know, flashed back to my Type A's I had on my old e30 and the hassle I had after my ordered 3mm spacers didn't solve the problem. This time I pushed them out a little more than I wanted to with some 5mm spacers and a very well built stud conversion kit.

BAM.

Thanks Ryan@ Castro Motorsports for replying to my 1,000 emails about silly details.

I still haven't cleaned the wheels which is sad, but if you can't tell from the nature of my writing, I don't get much solo time.

General driveway pics. Don't mind the debris everywhere, Florida doesn't know if it feels like having a hurricane blow through or settling for a nice sunny day.

Oh, I also purchased an IS lip from Blunt, who really thought it was funny to tell me he sent it to the wrong address. lol
                      I freaked, but apparently my sarcasm gauge was broken that day and it arrived later without any problem :)

front fitment without the strut tube being modified. I really need to borrow someone's welding skills so I can get it proper and not look like a monster truck. It's more poke than I wanted but it isn't TOO terrible...

rear fitment

I also developed a mystery coolant leak that turns out to be caused by a rushed job on the 2.7 block swap.

Oh herro dere random problem A:

I'm guessing this hose is no longer needed but I have no idea what to do to block it off and fix this ghetto solution?

Random problem B:

It's Florida.
                      It's July.
                      It's fucking hot.

MY AC DOESN'T WORK.

I switched out my AC switch and now when its pressed the idle jumps a few hundred RPMS, but the compressor does not come on. I swear I remember this working when I got the car, but I never really used it in SC...

Then I found this:

Two wires cut, but I can't find where they are supposed to go.

If anyone has any insight I would really like to be filled in. We've been taking the girl's car everyone with my son and I'm getting pretty tired of sporting a Focus.

haha

Also!

I used OEM Trim Black on the lip, but honestly I am not happy with the result. The coverage is great and very uniform, but it just looks dull. I want to respray the grills, lip, window trim and all moldings, but I want something that will hopefully make the car look a little newer. Would gloss black bee TOO much? IDK.

Second also!

I sold the m50 for some cash and a trade for some euro smileys.

Double BAM!

Most of the adjusters have been removed and are pretty saturated in rust, but I think I can salvage them for the most part, although I will need to order almost all new clips and plastic pieces.

I sold the motor to clear up garage space and because I decided I want to go the turbo M20 route (today anyway) I've been reading a lot through kamotors build thread and even though it seems daunting, I should be okay. My only goal is to be able to daily it RELIABLY and to put down enough power to stop my friend from being so cocky about his 350z.

Give me your opinions about everything guys.
                      Last edited by ZenkiOwns; 06-21-2012, 03:31 PM.

Comment

nice progress. Just glad I could help out! and Congrats on the Baby!
                        Last edited by kalib0y; 06-21-2012, 04:38 PM.
                        95 7.1L 16V E36 M3
                        Motorsport Hardware ***Wheel studs and Spacers!!!--->FOR SALE 4/5 Lug Stud Conversion Kits available CLICK HERE
                        LIKE my Facebook Page! CLICK HERE

Comment

Originally posted by kalib0y View Post
                          nice progress. Just glad I could help out! and Congrats on the Baby!
                          Yeah it has come a long way, but it still has quite a ways to go.

I ran into a guy with a 7mgte swap pushing 20lbs last night at one of out local meets. He really has the gears turning in my head. I'm getting pretty tired of driving a turtle.

Does anyone know if I have to do anything special if I swap in a used AC compressor? It seems kind of shifty to me.

Well, I waxed it for the first time....ever last night. I'll try to get some pictures up sometime today. I did it at night at a pull in car wash but it's still a lot better than it was.

Comment

Working...
                          X