The Grant318is Build thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

excellent work!!!!
    "I came into this world, not chiefly to make this a good place to live in, but to live in it, be it good or bad" -Henry Thoreau-
    1991 318is - the cruiser
    1989 325i - the rats nest

Comment

nice

Comment

Looks great!
        Originally posted by kronus
        would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Thanks! More stuff coming soon.
          MY BUILD: The Grant318is Build
          sigpic

Comment

Maybe it's just me, but from the front it looks AWESOME, from the back the rear wheels look too small

:/
            Last edited by DatUtahGuy; 02-23-2012, 07:14 PM. Reason: engrish no firs lenguaje
            Youtube channel is up!-->According2Valentine

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
            If lucky, the E36 will die peacefully, in its natural habitat, and be given the prestigious honor of donating its parts to an E30
            Originally posted by J3M93
            This guy delivers, you are a boss

Comment

Originally posted by Schwarz3 View Post
              Maybe it's just me, but from the front it looks AWESOME, from the back the rear wheels look too small

:/
              I think it's just the angle. A lot of people run 16x9 rears, so idk.

Anyway, I have a big project for this weekend. Now that the car is lowered, I can expect to see a lot of toe in wear on the rear tires. To avoid ruining my brand new tires, I am swapping my subframe out with one that has camber and toe adjusters welded on. On top of this, the subframe includes new poly subframe busings and RTABs. Once that's done, I will have it aligned as the car is wayyyyyyyy out of alignment right now. Pics of the mayhem tomorrow.
              sigpic

Comment

great build.

Comment

Originally posted by VANOS714 View Post
                  great build.

Thanks! I've been struggling with midterms this week and haven't had any time to update the thread:

Got this from a friend:

A Rear subframe with adjustment tabs welded to adjust camber and toe. It also comes with new RTABs and subframe bushings:

After a couple coats of paint:

I also pulled this POS out:

sigpic

Comment

Did some pressure cleaning today. Still havent found any rust underneath. Up north people: u jelly?

sigpic

Comment

Got an Eastwood from a friend and got the fenders done:

[IMG]http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q583/grant318is/IMG_1640.jpg[/IMG
                      Started working on the subframe:

sigpic

Comment

After finally getting the rear end settled last weekend, I though everything was good and ready for an alignment. However, my PS rack decided to start leaking while the car was on the alignment rack thursday, so I decided to swap it out.

When I bought the car, it came with a spare rack, but i decided to pick up a 1999 M3 rack. I loved the feel of my old M3 and felt that the E30 had a horrible feel for the size of the car. It felt like the stock rack took the nimble feeling away from the car.

New rack with new outer rods ends:

Empty space

I also took a break to put new pads and dust shields on the front:

A normal garage view:
                        sigpic

Comment

man that is all kinds of sexy... love where this is going. definitely want to do the same to mine to sort out rear camber and toe.
                          definitely subscribed.

Comment

Originally posted by revhead888 View Post
                            man that is all kinds of sexy... love where this is going. definitely want to do the same to mine to sort out rear camber and toe.
                            definitely subscribed.
                            Its worth it. I still havent got it aligned yet, but my RTABs and subframe brushing were so bad that it made a huge different even without an alignmnet.
                            sigpic

Comment

When you did your rear subframe did you just put the jackstands on the factory jack spot?

edit: I can see you did this clearly in the picture, idk why but that seems scary to me!
                              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD
                              1998 BMW Estoril Blue e36 M3/4/5 SOLD
                              1987 BMW 325 (The Piece) SOLD
                              1991 BMW 318is S52 swap (The Beast) Now Driving Project Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=234207

Comment

Originally posted by Grant318is View Post
                                Its worth it. I still havent got it aligned yet, but my RTABs and subframe brushing were so bad that it made a huge different even without an alignmnet.
                                that's on my to do list is the poly bushes. diff is in order first however

Comment

Working...
                                X