My E30 DEAD!!!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Pl3wA
    replied
    yeah... i dont see how not wearing a seat belt would be better in any situation. if you knew you were going to get into a crash, would you wear one?

    the only reasons people dont wear seat belts is because they find them to be uncomfortable or are too lazy to put them on.

    its like riding a motorcycle without a helmet, jacket, pants, boots, and gloves
    people without seat belts are basically squids imo

    Leave a comment:


  • ohthejosh
    replied
    Site administrator is intimidating LOL.

    I agree with you, it should be up to people individually if they want to wear a seat belt or not. It's really hard to picture an occasion when a seat belt is the cause of death or major lifelong injuries unless it was an after initial impact situation such as buckle get pinned down somewhere and restricted breathing or car is under water.

    I feel like people who have survived crazy accident without seat belts are just extremely lucky. Again it's hard for me at least to picture an event where someone can say "Yea man if I wore a seat belt I would have died".

    Maybe seat belts are just there to reduce the likely hood of death or injury. I think there are way more scenarios in which wearing a seat belt would save a persons life vs those same events sans seat belt. I.e. car rolling multiple times - Wouldn't it be safer to be buckled in than being thrown around like a rag doll inside the car? Just saying but I do agree it should be up to individuals to wear a seat belt.

    Leave a comment:


  • JasonC
    replied
    WOW people, really . I see more people stop reading at the word KILL in my post. And don't bother to see that i said they save lives also!!! But also, I don't see how what i'd say would effect what others think. Seeing everyone has a brain and can choose if they want to buckle up or not. As for the respected part, I'm just an average Joe. I'm not on a higher level then everyone else or lower then anyone else. I'm just a normal guy who happens to be in the spot of helping a forum run. And all i said was it should be up to the driver if they want to buckle up or not. I DID NOT tell people NOT to buckle up. As for proof, it's going to be very hard to find those #'s seeing that it's pretty much a Pro seatbelt society and i also would like to see the survival rate of non seatbelt wearing crashes if you have them. But if you wanted first hand proof. I could have my friend post up since his head is not part of the tree he hit when he crashed his Ram. Or others that i talked to that have survived. But those would be hearsay. So i'm not even going to bother with all of those. But please post up your statistics with seatbelt survival. And if you got them, survivers that didn't wear a belt. And i still don't see where i said not to wear a belt. All i said it should be up to the driver...

    Leave a comment:


  • cabriodster87
    replied
    If your not strapped in your seat it's hard to control the unexpected maneuvers.

    Leave a comment:


  • txtorquemade
    replied
    I can't believe anyone believes not wearing a seat belt is safer than wearing one. However, being reasonably open-minded, show me some scientific proof of that statement. Otherwise, I think it is irresponsible to make statements like that, being as a lot of the guys on R3V are younger and might stop wearing seat belts due to some uninformed statement made by someone "respected" on the forum.

    I am an investigator. I have investigated numerous fatal crashes over the years. The fatality rate is greatly increased when it is determined the driver or passengers (especially) are not wearing seat belts. And I HAVE PROOF of what I am saying. You guys need to stop advocating a dangerous decision, that being to not wear seat belts.

    Leave a comment:


  • dvck
    replied
    Originally posted by JasonC
    Why is that? Seatbelts can kill you as much as they can save a life. It really should be up to the person driving if they want to wear one or not.
    amen.

    depending on the collision a seatbelt can harm just as much as it can protect,
    and you don't put ANYONE else at potential risk but yourself when you don't
    buckle up.

    Leave a comment:


  • JasonC
    replied
    Originally posted by Roysneon
    Hillbillies itt.
    So... You think you're some high and mighty person thats better then everyone else?

    Leave a comment:


  • Roysneon
    replied
    Hillbillies itt.

    Leave a comment:


  • OniKyan
    replied
    Originally posted by TimKninja
    I dont see why you wouldnt want to be strapped into the two ton hunk of metal your driving .
    An E30 is closer to one tonne.

    Leave a comment:


  • Massimo
    replied
    E30 hatchback conversion project?

    Leave a comment:


  • OBryan562
    replied
    Originally posted by TimKninja
    My friends dad is a cop in NY .Says he sees just as many deaths do to people wearing seatbelts as he does without seatbelts.

    I try to buckle it everytime I get in the car. I dont see why you wouldnt want to be strapped into the two ton hunk of metal your driving .


    Thats a GNARLY rear ending. Hope you get your moneys worth out of the fucker.
    LARRY H PARKER!!!!!

    Originally posted by tH16
    That's shitty dude. I'm not 100% for or against seatbelts. I've been in two serious wrecks in my life. One of them I had a seatbelt on and the other I didn't, in both cases wearing it, and not wearing it saved my life.
    Glad you got lucky both times!

    Leave a comment:


  • tH16
    replied
    That's shitty dude. I'm not 100% for or against seatbelts. I've been in two serious wrecks in my life. One of them I had a seatbelt on and the other I didn't, in both cases wearing it, and not wearing it saved my life.

    Leave a comment:


  • TimKninja
    replied
    My friends dad is a cop in NY .Says he sees just as many deaths do to people wearing seatbelts as he does without seatbelts.

    I try to buckle it everytime I get in the car. I dont see why you wouldnt want to be strapped into the two ton hunk of metal your driving .


    Thats a GNARLY rear ending. Hope you get your moneys worth out of the fucker.

    Leave a comment:


  • JasonC
    replied
    Originally posted by bricel24
    Can you pass me what you're smoking?

    A pefrect example here when my aunt driving this Honda got plowed by a dumbass driver. She only suffered a minor bruise on her neck due to the seatbelts that saved her from getting tossed around inside, or outside.




    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk
    I would if i smoked. But apparently people cant read past the kill part in my post.







    Sent from my Vivid, while sitting on the crapper.

    Leave a comment:


  • WhatWentWong
    replied
    Am i the only one who noticed the flattened red coke can behind your car on the driveway? That's humour right there.

    Best of luck to your healing. You're going to need all the compensation you can get out of this guy.

    Leave a comment:

Working...