No announcement yet.

Euro 320i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow that thing is in rough shape. Hope you show it some love. Reminds me of my first car, my free 84' 318i. Btw what are you studying at mass maritime. I went to suny maritime.

The Build:
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=191125

Comment

I think you need to part it out and sell me the bumpers...j/k great find keep us posted with pics!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nefarious7907 View Post
        944 lol, good luck with maintence

How long do you guys wager before he will be back in a bimmer? I'll give him 6-7 months.
        Cant wait to see the e30 cleaned up.
        So, hows the 944?
        E30 buildy things
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=195286

Comment

Originally posted by ttrousdell View Post
          Btw what are you studying at mass maritime. I went to suny maritime.
          Marine trans...you?

Originally posted by MattAvino View Post
          Cant wait to see the e30 cleaned up.
          So, hows the 944?
          I sold the 944 before I got my e36 (also sold). I actually really liked it, it handled and drove amazing. Those 4cyl NAs are dogs though, and performance mods were crazy money, along with the maintenance. Id love to get a turbo some day

Comment

Cool. If you ever go plastic I want those bumpers please. Nice pickup!

-'87 325 - ratbox swap http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...77#post3250277 << Check out my Wanted thread

Comment

got it for free! thats awesome man, nice

Comment

"Nothing costs more than a free car"

Amen!

Comment

Very nice.

Comment

Nice snag.

Comment

This has so much potential!

Burgundrot is loverly. :shock:

Comment

bump
                        E30 buildy things
                        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=195286

Comment

Thanks for the bump! Update: Still isnt running. Being an early e30, it is running LE-Jetronic. I was able to fix the cold start injector problem (caused by faulty thermo-time switch), but now it seems like the injectors are not firing. There is proper fuel pressure at the rail, FPR is functional, DME is getting power, all relays and fuses are good. May be the coolant temp sensor, or bad DME. The injectors are getting power. Im may get another coolant temp sensor soon, and if that doesnt work Im leaning towards DME. Its able to run (shitty, but run) just off of fuel from the cold start valve when I manually ground it so there is spark, but it will not run otherwise. Im out of school this semester so I have way more time, Ill keep this thread updated.

Comment

Sounds like the ECU could be fried. I was experiencing similar issues when the ECU in my 323i filled with water. Let it dry out by the fire and put it back in a week later and it was sweet.

Won't be the coolant temp sensor. If that's gone, it will just run crazy rich.

What part # is on your ECU? I've got plenty of early model ECU's laying around but I'm not sure if LE-Jetronic uses a different ECU to L-Jetronic.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooffenstein HD View Post
                              Sounds like the ECU could be fried. I was experiencing similar issues when the ECU in my 323i filled with water. Let it dry out by the fire and put it back in a week later and it was sweet.

Won't be the coolant temp sensor. If that's gone, it will just run crazy rich.

What part # is on your ECU? I've got plenty of early model ECU's laying around but I'm not sure if LE-Jetronic uses a different ECU to L-Jetronic.
                              Part number is 0280001301. LE has about half the pins on the plug than L. It took me a while to realize I was looking at L-Jetronic schematics when I had LE

Comment

That is the same part # as most of the ECU's I have laying around. I can send you one for the cost of shipping. The later L-Jet cars with a #308 ECU have more pins.

Comment

Working...
                                X