• agent
    replied
    Originally posted by !AjHoWzA! View Post
    That paint job looks great! I like what you are doing here
    Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• agent
    replied
    As in what brand? Pretty sure what I used at my friend's house was Bondo; I'll ask Arnie what he used.

Leave a comment:

• grdstorm
    replied
    what kind of body filler did you use?

Leave a comment:

• !AjHoWzA!
    replied
    That paint job looks great! I like what you are doing here

Leave a comment:

• agent
    replied
    Courtesy of one of the POs of this car I have added the following items to my possessions: a paper clip, a hair clip and a bobby pin stuck/rusted together, a key ring, a lollipop stick and a gold bracelet.

I also found a stash of Mary Jane...

Leave a comment:

• agent
    replied
    I don't know that there's necessarily a wrong way to do it as long as the roof's metal itself doesn't get damaged, though I'd imagine that would be pretty hard to do. In my case the paint was on so thickly it kept filling up the sanding discs (even though I was clearing them every few minutes), so the most difficult aspect for me was simply the time it took, which was compounded by having to stop to change discs every time one got used up.

A more favorable comparison might be to shaving the nether regions. You can remove large bits of it relatively easily, but there are a number of places where you're going to want to be careful and not nick something. ;)

Leave a comment:

• bmwstephen
    replied
    Originally posted by agent View Post
    For the roof about 5-6 hours total, but bear in mind that I was being taught as I went. Someone who knew what they were doing could probably do it in far less time. Also, whoever did the previous paint work on it did not prime the roof before it was shot, which seemed to add a degree of difficulty.
    Wow i see... What was the most difficult aspect of sanding down to metal? I did not realize there can be a wrong way to do it. i imagine with a power or belt sander, it would be as easy as shaving off a mustache

-Blame my typos on my fat fingers & Droid Charge

Leave a comment:

• agent
    replied
    For the roof about 5-6 hours total, but bear in mind that I was being taught as I went. Someone who knew what they were doing could probably do it in far less time. Also, whoever did the previous paint work on it did not prime the roof before it was shot, which seemed to add a degree of difficulty.

Leave a comment:

• bmwstephen
    replied
    how long did it take you to power sand the paint down to bare metal?

Leave a comment:

• agent
    replied
    Thanks guys! I'm waiting for my big box of new seals, gaskets and trim to arrive from BluntTech so I can get some more progress made.

Leave a comment:

• StreetMafia21
    replied
    @#!*% good work cant wait to see the final outcome>> Early model love!!!

Leave a comment:

• RobertK
    replied
    Getting there.. BTW.. I have those side marker lights if you need them. Set aside a box of them for you.

Leave a comment:

• AwakenNoMore
    replied

Leave a comment:

• agent
    replied
    Back home and ready for re-assembly...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X