No announcement yet.

my delphin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cleaned the pistons and rods some more. It took a while to get the wrist pins fully floating in both the piston and the rod but I was able to get them moving. I had to completely remove one of the wrist pins to get it proper. So far three of them are ready for rings. #'s 4,5&6 still need the wrist pins loosened up.
    I've been on realoem.com looking up all the part numbers and will be ordering my stuff on monday night. I'm really excited to get this thing back together with my new Mr. 325 head.
    sigpic

Comment

suggest u not to put the HB on if u plannin to run short shifter.

1987 528i Royalblau

Comment

Do you mean the vibration damper? It's already on and the car has a uuc short shifter. I have no clearance issues and was driving it for the past three months
        sigpic

Comment

So I'm finally back to working on my engine. Bottom end is almost complete. Pistons are have new rings. Rods and mains are done. Waiting on windage tray/crank scraper from I.E. Installed my myster-E head with 270 cam. New water pump and timing belt kit. On to some pics.
          Attached Files
          sigpic

Comment

I wish i was savvy enough to know how to post several pics in one post. Sorry for the blurry.
            Attached Files
            sigpic

Comment

Now that's a torque wrench boys, no harbor freight tools here.
              Attached Files
              sigpic

Comment

Some ported intake runners compliments of myster-e performance
                Attached Files
                sigpic

Comment

And finally a shot of the garage, this is what i've been working on all winter. Still not finished. The tar paper in between the doors now has stone on it. Garage is 50x40 with four 10x10 doors, two man doors and four windows plus what's in the rollup doors. It's been a long time coming.
                  Attached Files
                  sigpic

Comment

In the spring i'll be trying to hold a little get together at my garage. Anybody who wants to show up is welcome. As soon as the weather breaks i'll post up an invite. This is a pic of a load of cars that came into the shop. They were from BMW of N.A. marketing division. They were on their way to some dealer in the south for some special event. The seven on the top rear is an hydrogen/7, there is a alpina b7 on the tractor rear upper deck, and of course the z4 on the rear. Pretty sweet load of cars.
                    Attached Files
                    sigpic

Comment

Delphin ftw!
                      87 ETA | Hibernating

Comment

Crank wiper is in along with new oil pump and pan is on. I put the I.E. shorties on it just to see what they looked like. And those are exhaust ports in my pic of the head, just thought I'd clarify before someone flamed me.
                        sigpic

Comment

A while back I got an intake manifold and bored throttle body from bobross here on the forum. It was advertised as an Extrude Honed intake, it is not. It does have the intake runners opened up on the head side and the throttle has been bored and the throttle plate replaced with a larger one. Not quite what I paid for but I guess I should have known better. Live and learn, trust no one. Anyway, I was going back and forth on whether or not to install them and I've finally decided to go ahead and do it. So yesterday I port matched the intake gaskets to the Myster-E head, installed the manifold and ordered some missing gaskets and stuff. Tonight I took the motor out and tomorrow I hope to put the rebuilt one in.
                          sigpic

Comment

Motor is in, drove the car home tonight. WOW, what a difference. I still haven't taken it above 5500rpm just because I want to break it in still. It makes great power coming on at 4k. Makes me sad I promised myself I would shift at 5k. I can't wait to put a few hundred miles on it and take it all the way to 7k. Anyone who was unsure whether or not to purchase one of these heads from mr325, let me tell you it's worth it. My car runs great I couldn't be happier. She gets a bath tomorrow and about two hundred miles hopefully.
                            sigpic

Comment

Did some more driving today. I've gotta say I'm really happy with my car right now. Except for the t/s stalk is going a little wacky and turning on the high beams constantly.
                              I'm having to drive with my finger on the stalk holding it back slightly or else the high beams come on. Next up is the set of headers I bought from another member on here. They are I.E. shorty's and they came with a complete exhaust, front to back. I'm a little unsure about the muffler, it looks like rice and will probably be too loud. The po told me it didn't fit very well and would need to be cut apart, rehung and then welded. After that is the Massive 11" BB kit. Also purchased from another member here on R3v. E30 = fun.
                              sigpic

Comment

how to post pics:

step 1: go to a picture uploader website
                                step2: browse your pictures
                                step 3: click pic u want to upload
                                step 4: repeat until you're done clicking all the pics u want to upload
                                step 5: click "upload"
                                step 6: copy/paste direct link and post here "[IMG]dfsd[/IMG]"

nice thread btw
                                Nick

Why have American muscle when you can get some German blow?

instagram - tehcapo

Comment

Working...
                                X