Whats the s38 going in?

Love the Stahls, I have them on my m30 and they look and sound amazing
    - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

Originally posted by Jb325is View Post
      Whats the s38 going in?

Love the Stahls, I have them on my m30 and they look and sound amazing
      I'll take some pics tomorrow of my 67 fastback. I had a roots blown 351 windsor, j302 heads large tube headers, c4 with fully manual reverse pattern valve body, etc. The 351 is now in a 86 5.0 drag car. The 67 is on hold at the moment. I started a complete restoration about five years ago and then got married and had kids so that is now on hold. Now that my home garage is built it will be coming home to get completed. It will be getting the s38.
      sigpic

Comment

Well plans change. I ditched the shorties and decided to install my brothers Stahls until my I.E. stage two headers show up. As stated before I want to do those up with good clamps to an xpipe with high flow cat and nice 2 1/2" single pipe to a decent muffler. I also want to get them ceramic coated. So until I get around to doing all that business I figured what the heck, I can Frankenstien together a decent exhaust for the mean time with Taylors headers and magnaflow cat and my cat back section from the exhaust I had purchased from the guy with the shorties.
        I cut both systems after the cats and used the y pipe from the exhaust in the pictures in the previous posts and welded that on to a couple extension pieces that I welded into the cat. I know that sounds rather confusing but basically I took pieces from two systems and fit them all together on the car, tacked them up them removed everything and welded it all up.
        I lost the camera my father gave me so all you get is Iphone pics.

In the second pic you can see I don't have any clamps on the collector pipe connection, I also need to get some new manifold gaskets. But the hard work is finished and now that I have a high flow exhaust I can install the miller PSIK and maf conversion. The reason I needed the high flow exhaust is that the chip miller is burning for me to run the maf kit will be tuned for high flow exhaust.
        sigpic

Comment

Today I started installing my wide band sensor and gauge wiring. I plan on making a nice little clip at work tomorrow to bolt to the trans and then my sensor has a one way retainer pin thing on it designed to hold it in a small hole. I was hoping to use the o2 sensor that was on the headers because it is only a year old and has a long lead that will reach my factory connector but it has the older style two male two female plug and my car has the four pin twist lock designed connector. I have a BNIB sensor with the correct connector but the lead is too short to reach the bung in the header. I'm hoping I can cut and solder the correct connector from the new sensor onto the older one with the long lead and visa versa because my little brother is using my old stock exhaust and the 02 sensor in it could stand to be replaced. Time to do some research on whether or not that's advisable. Also I fixed my interior lights, they have never shut off on the door position because my drivers door was missing the little contact plug that sits in the door, so the switch was never turning off. Maybe now I'll order that auto dimmer from GG and some led interior lights.
          sigpic

Comment

Winter projects have begun.
            sigpic

Comment

Forgot to mention I installed the si voltmeter conversion from GG. Pretty straightforward, while I had the cluster out I painted the needles in my cluster with my kids crayola marker Fiery Orange, gave them three coats. They look good.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bmwstudent View Post
                I'll take some pics tomorrow of my 67 fastback. I had a roots blown 351 windsor, j302 heads large tube headers, c4 with fully manual reverse pattern valve body, etc. The 351 is now in a 86 5.0 drag car. The 67 is on hold at the moment. I started a complete restoration about five years ago and then got married and had kids so that is now on hold. Now that my home garage is built it will be coming home to get completed. It will be getting the s38.
                Got any pics of that 67 Mustang fastback? I had 67 coupe with a 289 4barrel, ford motorsport dual point distributor and factory in dash AC.

Let me know if you need some help posting pics "inline" as opposed to using attachments. It's not that hard, especially if you're using a smartphone - you can upload pictures automatically to an account. There are 3 steps to inserting pics:

1) you need to upload them to a service on the Internet. It could be r3vlimited's photo gallery, photo bucket.com, flickr.com, or even your own DropBox account. I personally use DropBox, and hate photobucket with a passion, but to each his own.

2) Once the pics are available online, you need to get the Internet address for them. Each pic has it's own address. How you do this depends on which service you use. Should be quite easy to get the address.

3) Once you have the address and want to insert a picture, click on the little mountain and sky icon when you're writing your post. It will ask you for the address of the picture you want to insert. Paste that in and hit ok. Bingo your picture is now in the post. This is called "inline posting" by the way.

You can repeat step 3 as many times as you want in a post. That is how you can easily get multiple pictures in one post.
                I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
                DB vert plastic bumpers
                OEM Keys
                MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                91 ic Calypso 3.1
                86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Damn im jealous of your garage, and your mr.E head. Hows the difference in power? Did you get a larger cam?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
                  M30 is God's motor.....but Jesus drives an M60'd car -slammin.e28

Comment

lookin good! My favorite color!
                    i'lldoitforacaravan

Comment

Bradnic, I appreciate the pic tips but I think I finally figured that out unless what I'm doing in the previous posts aren't " inline." Yes I'll get some pics of the 67 and the 5.0. I've had that car for about fifteen years and it has seen a few different motor and trans combo's. Finally took it off the road because the suspension needed redone, and it has turned into a full on restoration.
                      dougie30, thanks for comment on the garage. It has been a long time dream of mine to have a garage with more sq. feet than my house, I finally made it. Yes I love my mr e head and I went with the 274 cam. It is much stronger than before, it really feels like a stronger car. Well worth the money, best upgrade I have done.
                      Restoman, The only color I like better is the gray on my pops e38, can't remember the exact name but it's a grey that has some sort of slight color changing ability. Warmettalic or something.
                      Thanks for the comments guys, it's nice to know that people are reading my posts.
                      sigpic

Comment

Removed ugly fuel tank vent hose cover (looking for replacement) , painted gauge needles, adjusted valves and installed new gasket and end plugs, soldered correct end onto extended length o2 sensor (to reach headers). Started cleaning up my winter wheels. Still haven't unlocked my storage trailer to snap some pics of the mustang but I will soon. Made my 1000th post.
                        sigpic

Comment

Brought the mustang home.

That's all for now.
                          sigpic

Comment

Installed some Michelin pilot AS tires. WOW what difference nice tires make.
                            sigpic

Comment

nice build. I have a 87 is delphin

Comment

woah - diggin the stang!
                                91 DS S52 Slicktop, 91 Calypso M42, 89 Royalblau M20, 84 Bahama Beige 323i, M535, Euro e24, ap1

www.RenownUSA.com
                                ig @RenownUSA / @rude.scott

Comment

Working...
                                X