how to post pics:

step 1: go to a picture uploader website
    step2: browse your pictures
    step 3: click pic u want to upload
    step 4: repeat until you're done clicking all the pics u want to upload
    step 5: click "upload"
    step 6: copy/paste direct link and post here "[IMG]dfsd[/IMG]"

nice thread btw
    I will be trying to do this, I have so many pics.
    sigpic

Comment

You can also use the R3v image gallery. Upload pics to it, then use the image button to add the image link to your post. Copy the URL from the image gallery and insert it into the box that pops up when you click insert image. Then you can have a stream of images. Sounds confusing, but it's actually pretty easy.

Anyways, no e30 is boring. It's starting to come along and it's well taken care off. Props to fellow sedan owner
      '84 Alpine 325e (Gone)
      '91 Alpine 318i (Gone) Click Here
      '92 Alpine 325i Cabrio (Gone) Click Here
      '91 Alpine 318is

Comment

I forgot to mention while I had the engine out I noticed the steering column linkage was coming apart. It had separated at the point where the two halves come together with the plastic pins. Luckily I just bought a vert from a buddy who had given up on turning it into something. So out to the yard I went to cannibalize it. I guess I was also lucky that it was in good shape. Once I got mine off I discovered that the lower u-joint was locked up. Thank goodness for my little junkyard out back. It got me wondering, what is everyone else doing about their steering columns. I know I had to replace the one on my brothers car too. I've seen the thread where someone drilled out the plastic pins and replaced them with bolts, but what is everyone doing about the u-joints? Also forgot to mention I installed a new oil pump and rebuilt the relief valve in the filter head. I have an electric fan coming from I.E. and my new o2 sensor just showed up today, I have no idea how old the current one is and I figured it couldn't hurt. I had a kid in a Nissan Altima try to take my spot at a merge point today, I'm happy to report he didn't get it. I love the top of second gear.
        sigpic

Comment

Coming up on my first oil change on the rebuilt engine. I've got a bunch of new parts in, m3 cab's, electric fan(deleting clutch fan), I.E. steering rag joint, ss clutch line, and a couple other random things. This stuff will be going in sometime soon when I find the time. I did remove my right rear door panel and lube my window track screw. Man what a difference in how easy my window goes up. No more straining and groaning power window motor, just goes right up nice and quick. I used spray white lithium grease and just sprayed it directly into the screw tube/regulator, those of you with scissor tracks probably don't have this issue.
          Here is a pic of the throttle body I got from bobross here on r3v. It's bored and has had the throttle plate swapped with a proper sized replacement. The screws go in from the other side and have been staked to prevent them from coming out.
          Attached Files
          sigpic

Comment

Today I changed my oil and filter. Replaced my fuel filter, replaced the rag joint in the steering column with an I.E. poly unit. Also started putting together the wiring stuff for my electric fan. Will post pics later of the rag joint replacement. Also removed the front passenger door panel and lubed up that regulator with white lithium. Now it goes up and down really nice, it's the small things in life. Also washed the car, door jambs, trunk area and hood area. Time to burn one down.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by shameson View Post
              You can also use the R3v image gallery. Upload pics to it, then use the image button to add the image link to your post. Copy the URL from the image gallery and insert it into the box that pops up when you click insert image. Then you can have a stream of images. Sounds confusing, but it's actually pretty easy.

Anyways, no e30 is boring. It's starting to come along and it's well taken care off. Props to fellow sedan owner
              thanks, it's nice to see a comment now and then:-) Hers a pic of my driveshaft, that's the people who rebuilt it.
              Attached Files
              sigpic

Comment

posting multiple pics is not easy, I've got pics uploaded to the image gallery but can't seem to get them into the thread. So screw it I'll keep on going the way I have been. Pic of steering column during disassembly.
                Attached Files
                sigpic

Comment

So I'll be replacing the rag joint in the steering column. It's being replaced with an I.E. poly unit. The last pic shows the column partially cut apart, I used a die grinder to cut the heads off the rivets holding the rubber to the aluminum halves. And then an impact hammer to drive the rivets out. This pic shows the rubber and rivets almost all the way out.
                  Attached Files
                  sigpic

Comment

The next step was to fit the new poly joint to the steering column, It took a little trimming to get it to lay flat on one of the halves. When you separate the halves of the column there is actually a slip joint under the rubber. This allows for a little extension and compression of the column. On the one end the aluminum casting was a little larger than the hole in the poly spacer and it would not sit 100% flat so it trimmed the spacer a bit with a razor blade, the next two pics show this.
                    Attached Files
                    sigpic

Comment

And now after trimming, it really didn't require much. Just a couple nicks with a razor blade, honestly it would have stretched to fit but I figured why not trim it up a little.
                      Attached Files
                      sigpic

Comment

So this is what it looks like after assembly.
                        Attached Files
                        sigpic

Comment

Here is a shot of the bolts and washers supplied with the kit. I didn't use the washers they sent because they were just a little too large. The outer perimeter of the washer sits up on part of the casting for the mount, you can slide it over a little bit to make fit but then it is offset and looks sloppy. I have a large selection of metric nuts, bolts, and washers, so I found some that fit a little better.
                          Attached Files
                          sigpic

Comment

Here is a pic that shows it a little better.
                            Attached Files
                            sigpic

Comment

Here is the washers I used, the spacer has steel tubes in the bolt holes(positive stop spacers) to prevent you from collapsing it when you tighten the bolts. The washers I used are still large enough to hit them.
                              Attached Files
                              sigpic

Comment

While I had it out I installed the new fuel filter. Genuine Mann made in China. Love that world market.
                                Attached Files
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X