Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My E30 S50 swap + progress (updates pg. 7)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My E30 S50 swap + progress (updates pg. 7)

Wow, just wow. Fucking speechless. What a well put together car in every aspect. Perfect combination of my AP1 S2000's rawness, handling, responsiveness, and 'go-kart' feeling with the horsepower and torque of my 6-speed TL... and dat sound. Holy fuck the exhaust note is amazing. I thought my S2000 with 3" HKS exhaust + 3" high flow cat was good... But the S50 just sounds like heaven.

The previous owner spent a lot of time and money on this car and getting it well sorted, and has basically upgraded everything on it: every bushing, sway bar, mount, all of the suspension, SS brake lines, custom intake, custom exhaust, tune, wheels, CF hood, some Style 5 wheels... just EVERYTHING. It was everything I expected and more. For the right price, too. ;)

I'll shut up now and throw up a couple of pics (more to come later with a REAL camera + photographer):

Spent today cleaning the interior, using Lexol on the seats, door panels, and the dash. Tomorrow I'll wash the engine bay, the car itself, check the air filter, and maybe order some Meguiars M105 and M205 so I can get to work on refreshing the clearcoat on the paint with my Porter Cable DA oribital polisher. :D

I am so excited to be driving a fresh, well-taken care of swapped E30. Thanks for reading, and I'm happy to be part of the community.

Edit: New pics 04/19/12

04/22 UPDATE:

Originally posted by DisgustipatedAP1 View Post
    Alright, so the carbon fiber hood on my car had some major oxidization across about 95% of it. I decided to attack it with my Porter Cable DA random orbital polisher, an orange 'harsh' pad, and some Meguiars M105.

Left side is before, right side is after:

Last edited by DisgustipatedAP1; 05-08-2012, 12:58 PM.
    RIP: Delphin '89 E30 with S50 swap and lots of goodies :'(

Then: '04 Evo 8 RS, 500 whp/420 wtq 2900 lb E85 AWD turbo shits 'n giggles

Now: 2003 BMW M5 in Sterling Gray

Sweet. AND it has air conditioning. Can't get any better than that!

Originally posted by whysimon
    WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Nice looking car, your going to love it more everyday. Is it 5 lugged or are you running adapters with those wheels?

Comment

begging for dat is' lip doeeeeeeee

Comment

How much?
          I want a nice set of smoked MHW's (I know, get it line)
          Free Stuff!!:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=273454

Comment

Gorgeous car. Little ot but I will own an AP1 someday.
            1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
            You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Welcome to the club 8)

Comment

Welcome nice car

Comment

Welcome! I'm currently working on my own S50 swap. Can't wait to drive it!
                  PNW E30 Crew : 1991 E30 S50, 2000 E39 M5

sigpic

Follow my S50 build
                  : MY S50 E30

Follow me on instagram : @damendesign

E30 T-Shirts | M3 T-Shirts /Prints

Comment

Swap looks fun! Please get a front lip tho!
                    THE ACURA TL PROJECT

BUFF ENUFF? STYLE.OVER.COMFORT

DURTY 3ER///STYLE.OVER.COMFORT

Comment

By the way, S2000 seats aren't that hard to fit in an e30 :D

Comment

Originally posted by Acehye559 View Post
                        Nice looking car, your going to love it more everyday. Is it 5 lugged or are you running adapters with those wheels?
                        They're actually filled and redrilled for 4 lug. If it was 5 lug I'd try to find some Volks CE28's or RE30's for it, haha.

Originally posted by RUFFLZ View Post
                        begging for dat is' lip doeeeeeeee
                        I know :(

Originally posted by CrusherCurtis View Post
                        How much?
                        I'll pm you.

Originally posted by Holland View Post
                        Gorgeous car. Little ot but I will own an AP1 someday.
                        DO IT! AP1's especially are so much fucking fun. If you ever need help finding one and want me to look in SoCal, I can find you a legit one. I recently found a white '02 with red interior with 21k miles for $18k, one owner. :|

Originally posted by e30damen View Post
                        Welcome! I'm currently working on my own S50 swap. Can't wait to drive it!
                        You are going to love it. It is the engine these cars should've come with.

Originally posted by penneroyal View Post
                        Swap looks fun! Please get a front lip tho!
                        Yeah I'm going to order one this week. ;)

Originally posted by Corey@Track.One View Post
                        By the way, S2000 seats aren't that hard to fit in an e30 :D
                        Are you serious? Oh lordy. I can get mint S2000 seats all day for $300-400/pair. I might have to look up how to do that swap.

What I'd really like to fit are some NSX seats... those are some of the most comfortable seats I've ever sat in. And they fit the style of the E30.

Comment

So...how fast is it?
                          The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
                          Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
                          2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
                          2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

That is truly a wonderful car that you have there.
                            And if anyone starts bitching at you about "built not bought" (knowing someone here will) tell them to go fack themselves.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                            1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                            1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                            2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Originally posted by Vivek View Post
                              So...how fast is it?
                              To be honest, I have only redlined it twice. It is very quick, but I have not measured it against another car yet. I will test it out against my cousin's fully modded AP1 (gutted soft top + hard top, rims, 3" HFC + 3" exhaust, intake, no tune, about 2550-2600 lbs~) tomorrow. My TL pulled on him once it got to 100+ when he had 4.77 gears, now he has 4.10 gears.

I'll also be testing it out against a friend's Nismo 350z, another friend's 380 whp Evo X, and any other buddies that wanna bring out their toys. I enjoy gauging the performance of cars against my friends, especially the guy with an Evo X... he is an incredible shifter (a bit faster than me) and perfect to test against. :)

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
                              That is truly a wonderful car that you have there.
                              And if anyone starts bitching at you about "built not bought" (knowing someone here will) tell them to go fack themselves.
                              Thanks man! And yeah, I don't really care about the "built not bought" bullshit, I am basically just taking on someone else's project and using it as a foundation for my own goals. Castro Motorsports did EVERYTHING on this car (suspension, exhaust, swap, everything) and there's nothing shameful about that.

I have already built cars from scratch (my S2000) and it is satisfying, but no more satisfying than improving upon someone else's tasteful project. Plus, it's really nobody's business whether or not you bought the car with work already done to it. It's a mantra that reeks of insecurity and overcompensation.

Oh, and I'll be taking more pics of the rest of the car tomorrow after washing it and putting 'em in this thread if anyone cares. :)

Comment

Working...
                              X