'85 318i build M52 swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'85 318i build M52 swap

Well this is my first post, so I'll do the formal introduction. I've been into cars for a while, mainly honda's and jeeps (cherokee's particularly) and tinker with SBC's. I am already on tons of other car forums (mainly for honda's) and i do car stuff blah blah blah, not gonna get into my list of cars (im only 19 and its a long list). I race my friends 97 civic dx 4 door in stc class with him right now (he's got a gooood bit of experience on me so im running bout 2-3 seconds behind him)

but anyway I've always wanted a e30 so I creeped on craigslist and local car forums till I found the 318 for $500. motor jumped time, and after getting down to see it, found out it needs a battery, drivers side door wont open from the inside, dash is cracked, brakes have no pressure, and the hood/trunk's paint are terrible. but, there appears to be no signs of rust other than some surface spots, and the suspension and body all look good so for $500, i thought it was worth it.

parked it at my friends house, and within 18 hours, his neighbor called the cops, and had it towed saying it was an abandoned car on his property. so its been at the impound for the past couple days cause I couldnt get off work and wracking up a hell of a bill, but ill get the car out tomorrow and worry bout the lawsuit later (been trying to get started on the paperwork and evidence). so, pics will be up tomorrow very hopefully lol

plans for the car are maintenance to get it running and driving again, then GC's and billsteins and camber plates, bumper tuck till I can do a facelift, auto x tires, and going fast 8) (on a track of course!)
    Last edited by nathan_carmona; 07-21-2012, 08:14 PM.

Nice man! I live in Spotsy and work an internship out in Culpeper. I too am 19, and just picked up an e30 for 500. Really weird. In for some pics for sure.

Comment

i posted in your thread on driven lol when are bimmers are good to go, we'll have to spam some events!

some basic pics are uploading now

Comment

and my DD

Comment

Dig the DD. needs moar TODA pwr!! Hope you stick with the m10. They're only a few of us learking around the forum.

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
          DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

my wagon needs more power in general. stock d16a6 with 106 BHP... plus over 30 years of wear and tear.. but the m10 is staying! STX class doesnt alot for motor swaps and motor swaps in bimmers are way to hard compared to hondas, and I get most of my tuning fix in that world. this e30 is strictly for auto x as of now :D

Comment

Well, not the best deal I have seen on a non-running m10 with other issues, but good luck!
              85' 318i ~The Bronze Bomber (FrankenM10 with a Forced Future :wgaf:)

Comment

Originally posted by nathan_carmona View Post
                my wagon needs more power in general. stock d16a6 with 106 BHP... plus over 30 years of wear and tear.. but the m10 is staying! STX class doesnt alot for motor swaps and motor swaps in bimmers are way to hard compared to hondas, and I get most of my tuning fix in that world. this e30 is strictly for auto x as of now :D
                Can't hate on hondas a good amount of my friends build em & vtec popping at 7k all the way up to 9 with the dual crossover kickin in is epic. Personally in he canyons the Honda rape me on the uphill, but I'm gone on the downhill on stock suspension/ brakes. Real scary with all the body roll. +dangerous with garbage tires. With decent tires handles quite well, but your pretty much at the mercy of tire grip without suspension. Brakes are garbage as well. They fade quite quickly when u drive hard/brake hard.

Here's a pic of a friends dc2 b18 full stage 2. Built head hot cam header intake open exhaust love it.
                Last edited by E30_Pare; 06-12-2012, 05:07 PM.

DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

dude i love your honda.

treat the e30 right!

Comment

Originally posted by Hey_You View Post
                    Well, not the best deal I have seen on a non-running m10 with other issues, but good luck!
                    really? i thought $500 for a shell with no damage was pretty good. I could get $350 for its weight in scrap metal at least.

Originally posted by E30_Pare View Post
                    Can't hate on hondas a good amount of my friends build em & vtec popping at 7k all the way up to 9 with the dual crossover kickin in is epic. Personally in he canyons the Honda rape me on the uphill, but I'm gone on the downhill on stock suspension/ brakes. Real scary with all the body roll. +dangerous with garbage tires. With decent tires handles quite well, but your pretty much at the mercy of tire grip without suspension. Brakes are garbage as well. They fade quite quickly when u drive hard/brake hard.

Here's a pic of a friends dc2 b18 full stage 2. Built head hot cam header intake open exhaust love it.
                    they're quick cars, and theyre cheap. a lot of people say "you must be into honda's cause you cant afford anything else" and thats pretty much the truth, but when you can build em and run them right along $30,000+ cars in auto x in the same class, why not?

Originally posted by evandael View Post
                    dude i love your honda.

treat the e30 right!
                    hope that wasnt sarcastic lol but thanks! i've had a few now and i put a lot of effort and time into my cars. still got a lot more to be done on the wagon.

and ill do nothing but the best for the e30

Comment

Hope you stick with the m10. They're only a few of us learking around the forum.
                      does this go for the 318 part or the m10 part? cause my car is technically an 84 318i lol

looks good bro, makes sure to do that rear disc brake conversion:up:
                      84 318i drift car
                      04 mk4 gti 1.8t
                      96 e320
                      63 plymouth valiant

Comment

Originally posted by kman_e30 View Post
                        does this go for the 318 part or the m10 part? cause my car is technically an 84 318i lol

You lose your soul when you swap out. M10 for lyfe holmes!

DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Originally posted by kman_e30 View Post

cant swap brakes in STX class. stuck with the drums.. and the small strut housings in the front :(

You lose your soul when you swap out. M10 for lyfe holmes!
                          m10 stays!

Comment

Originally posted by nathan_carmona View Post
                            cant swap brakes in STX class. stuck with the drums.. and the small strut housings in the front :(

m10 stays!
                            Are you sure? I thought STX you were allowed to use BBK as long as they maintained the OEM mounting. I'm speaking from my Subaru, I don't know how the brakes on BMW's work.

Comment

Originally posted by 04nhbpep3 View Post
                              Are you sure? I thought STX you were allowed to use BBK as long as they maintained the OEM mounting. I'm speaking from my Subaru, I don't know how the brakes on BMW's work.
                              i know it says that about the mounting location but my friend (he races in stc) swears that I cant swap the brakes in ST. He has yet to show me where it says that but he's pretty certain. I'd def like to swap!

Comment

Working...
                              X