No announcement yet.

85 325e soon to be drifter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E to I conversion to get a better power-band is my only advice.

Project log -- DIRTY 30

2.7i * Megasquirt tuned * E85 powered

Comment

How about some advice on getting this thing running? >.<!! LOL.

Seriously, thought about the swap. If I do any major engine work it'll be during winter down time.

Comment

Originally posted by 2gBoostin View Post
        How about some advice on getting this thing running? >.<!! LOL.

Seriously, thought about the swap. If I do any major engine work it'll be during winter down time.
        Get the quirks you mentioned taken care of first. What other problems have you run into?

Project log -- DIRTY 30

Comment

I think the DME, Motronix, or pulse sensor are screwed. When I turn the key on, the fuel pump comes on and don't do its 3sec prime, it just stays on. If I crank the engine it wont start. It has fire, I know this cuz just spraying a tiny bit of starting fluid in the intake it tries to start. So, I guess my injectors aren't working. I got pressure in the lines, so its the only thing I can think of.

Got a pulse/reference sensor on the way. If its not it then it wont hurt to put a new one on.

Any help will leading to getting this running gets the poster a cold one! LOL. And all the interior parts you can carry (minus carpet, pass seat, and glove box). :)

Comment

Use a test light on the injectors if you have access to one. Check timing to be safe along with the rest of the fundamental things that makes an engine run...

Project log -- DIRTY 30

Comment

I have no idea how to unplug an injector with it being under the intake manifold. I'm not car retarded, just BMW retarded right now. LOL. All these plugs have those stupid metal clips on them and it makes it hell getting any of the plugs anywhere disconnected.

Comment

Originally posted by 2gBoostin View Post
                I have no idea how to unplug an injector with it being under the intake manifold. I'm not car retarded, just BMW retarded right now. LOL. All these plugs have those stupid metal clips on them and it makes it hell getting any of the plugs anywhere disconnected.
                I use a small pick to gently get those clips off. I have huge hands and managed to get in there and test each one individually.

Good luck and work smarter not harder.

Project log -- DIRTY 30

Comment

Ah! A pick. I know I've got a ton of those somewhere. They are one of those things that never get used, so I will probably have to buy one. -.-

I'll report back as soon as I get some progress done on it!

Thanks!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X