A few pics just for kicks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few pics just for kicks

Alecs and I went for some high speed runs through the infamous "Hospital S curve" here in Laurel last night, and had a blast. We decided to hook up the harnesses proper like to make it a bit more exciting. When you are strapped in nice and tight, you feel more at one with the car, and I realized last night that it has much less lean that I had previously thought. This thing handles amazingly now! Anyway, decided to snap a few today just for kicks. She needs a bath something awful but meh. And yes, I know I'm a bit of a pic whore:p .

[THE 501 club - Founding Member]

Damn, the lack of center caps and a rear seat must have made all the difference :) Just kidding, I know you had to take the seats out for the harnesses. God, I love that steering wheel.

Do you autocross your car?

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Nah, but the p.o. was setting it up to do just that. I think he may have run it a few times, but you'd never know it by looking at it. He had the harnesses installed proper, which is cool. The real reason I took the seats out in the first place was to get ready to install the rear headrests. While they were out, I figured it a good time to hook up the harnesses and try 'em out. As for the centercaps, they have been off for days, I've just been diggin' that look lately. :twisted:

Truth: after last nights running, I would LOVE to do that more than ever. It was a kick in the pants.

Comment

VERY NICE!! good lookin car you got there man. I wish mine had that low of miles.

Comment

Have the harnesses been in the car as long as you've owned it? You use those on the street without a cage?

RISING EDGE

Comment

your car is so nice

Comment

Where did you get the german flag emblem from?

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave
                Have the harnesses been in the car as long as you've owned it? You use those on the street without a cage?
                Yes, they've been in there since before I took ownership. I don't usually wear them, but yes, last night I did, and no, I don't have a cage. I am still not sure why that becomes an issue when we wear seat belts everyday without a cage. The only difference is these really hold you in place where seatbelts don't get tight until impact. ?? As long as I own it, it won't have a cage in it. Just don't have a need for it. IF I was going to seriously track the car, strip it down to nothing, I might consider one then.

Comment

the issue comes from the orientation of the harness. Seatbelts allow you to move with your seats in the event of a collision, harnesses, not so much (which is bad), so its much safer to have some sort of rollover protection if you plan on using harnesses on the street or track. For autocross sure they're fine.
                  BEERTECH

Comment

Originally posted by cowden_12
                    Where did you get the german flag emblem from?

Comment

Originally posted by RCWells
                      Yes, they've been in there since before I took ownership. I don't usually wear them, but yes, last night I did, and no, I don't have a cage. I am still not sure why that becomes an issue when we wear seat belts everyday without a cage. The only difference is these really hold you in place where seatbelts don't get tight until impact. ?? As long as I own it, it won't have a cage in it. Just don't have a need for it. IF I was going to seriously track the car, strip it down to nothing, I might consider one then.
                      If you roll your car and you are wearing harnesses with no cage, you have nowhere to move or duck and you are basically stuck sitting straight up while your seats collapse.

RISING EDGE

Comment

I believe the issue is that if you were to roll the car with regular seat belts your body would be able to move turn to the side and your head would not be crushed. With a harness you can't do that and need a cage to protect you.

-edit - nm he got it ^

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave
                          If you roll your car and you are wearing harnesses with no cage, you have nowhere to move or duck and you are basically stuck sitting straight up while your seats collapse.
                          Well I guess that makes sense then. And yep, when you're strapped in, it's hard to even turn your head far enough to see when backing up.

The badge came from Detailhaus.com I think for about $10. They run them on Ebay all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by RCWells
                            Well I guess that makes sense then. And yep, when you're strapped in, it's hard to even turn your head far enough to see when backing up.
                            I know... even harder to reach the radio!

RISING EDGE

Comment

Lol, yeah, but it wasn't even on. We were in "fuh raze" mode, duh.

Comment

Working...
                              X