First Snow on the Coast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Snow on the Coast

Unwashed since the Thanksgiving snow in Northern NH, where I went off-roading thanks to others poor driving skills on the highway.

Got our first snow here on the coast last night. Bored, didnt want to do work... pictures ensue.

Super awesome winter "mods" include the 4 bottlecaps & snow tires, 4 mudflaps, and a thule roof-rack for 3 pairs of skis.
    I'm taking bets on how long the Mtechnic front end lasts this winter... anyone want to wager???? :mrgreen:

Below the radar...

Cool pics, I like the black and white and love the mtechI.

[THE 501 club - Founding Member]

Comment

[eurospeed]OH MY GOSH!! Roof racks looks sooo cool on e30s! Anyone have one for sale???[/eurospeed]

Just kiddin' Josh. :)

Car looks nice Chris, when the heck are you going to put the rear euro bumper on?
      '91 318is
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brew
        [eurospeed]OH MY GOSH!! Roof racks looks sooo cool on e30s! Anyone have one for sale???[/eurospeed]

Just kiddin' Josh. :)

Car looks nice Chris, when the heck are you going to put the rear euro bumper on?
        I have a new chassis to mount all the mt1 stuff to come spring.
        If it doesnt sell(which I dont expect it to), the RZ's & Mtech will likely go on the new chassis, and i will purchase an M3 late next summer. Mtech car for DD'ing, M3 for weekends.

I HAVE ANOTHER SKI RACK, I COULD CARRY 2 MORE PAIRS OF SKIS? DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY RWHP I COULD GET IF I MOUNTED IT TOO?

:woowoo: :woowoo: :woowoo: :woowoo:
        Below the radar...

Comment

hi chris

1991 330is

Comment

I want to live somewhere that has snow; there's just something about the idea of driving an e30 in the snow, I dunno. Show up all those H2 fags I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by permit
              I want to live somewhere that has snow; there's just something about the idea of driving an e30 in the snow, I dunno. Show up all those H2 fags I guess.
              Make sure you get an IX or you will have problems. Kruzen and I could barely get our cars into the driveway while my brother was crusing around town without any trouble.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DarkWing6
                Make sure you get an IX or you will have problems. Kruzen and I could barely get our cars into the driveway while my brother was crusing around town without any trouble.
                Then you cant drive, or dont have snow tires. :p

I've driven my e30 in 3+ winters, in snow (18"+), ice, sleet, rain, etc.
                4 snow tires, no weight in the trunk(weight is for sissies!)

Never gotten stuck once.

Even last week over thanksgiving when I was run off the highway into a ditch, the 4wd Chevy was stuck, and I motored right out.

haza! ;)

E30's are awesome cars in the snow. iX's are fun, but kinda tempermental.
                Below the radar...

Comment

my mtech 1 stayed together all last winter, but there's no way in hell i'm doing that again.
                  1989 Bronzit 325ia- Sold
                  1986 Diamondschwarz Grey Market 325i Sport Mtech 1- Parted out
                  1988 Delphin 327i- Sold
                  1995 Cosmos M3- Current

Comment

Originally posted by DarkWing6
                    When I bought my cabby, I drove it back from New Jersey in a wicked snow storm. There were 4wd cars/SUVs in the median all through Pennsylvania.

Its all in knowing how to drive in the shit.
                    Current Cars
                    2014 M235i
                    2009 R56 Cooper S
                    1998 M3
                    1997 M3

Comment

Originally posted by DaveCN
                      When I bought my cabby, I drove it back from New Jersey in a wicked snow storm. There were 4wd cars/SUVs in the median all through Pennsylvania.

Its all in knowing how to drive in the shit.
                      hmm.. I wouldn't agree 100% ... I think sometimes physical conditions are just too much for the mecanical limits. RWD e30 with no snow tires SUCK in snow, I wouldn't want to drive one just to get stock in some isolated place ...

Comment

Take that air dam off you crazy person!

The second to last pic is MONEY!

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

dude what kind of ski rack is that?! i need to buy one asap...
                          IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Thule Feet/Bars, Thule Ski rack.

The ski rack is NLA I think, I think they only sell the bulky style now.
                            Below the radar...

Comment

e30 in the snow = A shit load of fun. I don't know why a lot of people are saying they are bad in snow. With a good pair of winters they're awesome and a whole bunch of fun. Beautiful pics your car looks awesome but you have bigger balls than me driving around with your mtech air dam on.
                              Photoshop by O 16581 72452 5

Comment

Working...
                              X