No announcement yet.

My 2.5l 88 M3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

congrats on both accounts, marriage and M3. that motor build sounds like a second mortgage! :eeek:

Comment

Thanks for the congrats guys, my wife and I had dated for 5.5 years before we tied the knot, so it was about time... I bought this car a month or so before we got married (just in case ;) )

Mike Kippen took that photo during out wedding photoshoot, it turned out great.

I do have the receipt book for the engine build, and I will tell you, it adds up to more than I bought the car for.

The suspension is Ground Control Coilovers, not sure the spring rate though, it also has Suspension Techniques swaybars, GC camber/caster plates, camber/toe adjustment, Koni single ajustables.

The only maintenance item I need to do is the driveshaft centerbearing, and I might as well replace the guibo while I'm at it...

Cheers,

Matt Kosonen
      Last edited by matt325is; 09-26-2012, 11:43 AM.

Comment

congrats! the 2.5 must pull nice!

Comment

Wow just wow, I will someday have a henna M3 in this condition.

Originally posted by blunttech
          Dude this is r3v. 20 bucks gets you a used timing belt or a low mileage head gasket

Comment

I grew up in Moscow. Go Vandals!

Comment

Just lovely Matt.

Congrats on winning life. :)
              Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Looks great!!! Congrats man!

Comment

Gorgeous car, I hope you come out to some of the local meets because I'd love to compare notes with you (aka get a ride in that 2.5L!!)

I think I remember this car from the Leavenworth Drive?
                  '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

Matt,

Congrats on the marriage and the E30!! Your turbo e30 will be missed.... That thing was FAST!!!

Have fun with your new M3 very: I'm very jealous...
                    Follow my IG @bouchezphotography

Comment

Seems we are kinda in the same boat, we both sold our e30's 325is turbo or M50 swapp in your case and bought a M3 instead, (I have two of them) and got married (I did in 1st sept).....very nice M3 Matt, now put some more interior/exterior photos and from the wife as well!:p
                      Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver/Euro E34 M5 '93/Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro/Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro/Skyline R33 GT-R

Comment

Originally posted by diegom6 View Post
                        very nice M3 Matt, now put some more interior/exterior photos and from the wife as well!:p
                        Geez that's pretty rude, asking for interior photos of his wife?

'89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

Loved your lachs car and love your e30 m3 now.
                          Estoril E36 M3/4/5 | Toledo E53 X5 3.0 | LeMans E90 335D M-Sport

Comment

noice..
                            My old Style 5 Thread / My Swap
                            1991 318IS :bow: 2.5L S14 Swap/BC Coilover suspension/Some new (old) wheels/
                            IS Skirt-Lip/RG Splitter/M-Technic I Spoiler/Dogleg/3.46 Diff/Euro H4 headlights etc.
                            1998 528I (Sold) // 2003 540I ///M Sport

Comment

Lmao the wedding picture is epic. Congrats.

Amazing car... soooo jealous.
                              87 ETA | Hibernating

Comment

Sweet car man. That turner chip scares me though. Had nothing but trouble with turner chips on both of my 2.5s.
                                sigpic
                                "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
                                X