Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Cabrio (56k will have issues)

Here's my new project, '87 325iC.

I've had it for a couple months now, it was originally intended to be my winter beater, however things are going a little slower than I hoped due to current finances and a few other things out of my control, but It's almost ready to go. I need to get the seats in (E36 M3 manual vaders :yummy ) and a new soft top and we're rollin'. Many things planned for this including body work (Yes, I'm going to take care of the rust, so don't comment about it) and many upgrades, mainly suspension and brakes. After the 240sx is done, may look into doing something from a power standpoint, but as it always should be, that's the last piece of the puzzle.

I paid $400 for it originally, and I think you can tell it's a lot work. The timing belt and water pump were replaced by the BMW mechanic I bought it from, who I know pretty well. He's owned it since '94 and just has too many projects to deal with right now. There's 120k on the clock and it runs like a champ. However, could use a small valve adjustment but other than that it runs great. At this point, all it needs is the new soft top and I'll barely have $800 into it including the price of the car itself...so I don't feel I'm doing too bad there, heh.

I took the whole interior out and fixed/replaced anything and everything that wasnt working, and starting to work my way out, but there's still a lot of work that needs to be done there. Special thanks to Bobby (88325isboy) for all his help, I appreciate it bro!

-replaced the factory hood strut (blown) with a 740iL strut, works a little better ;)
    -new OBC light bar for deluxe OBC
    -fixed the cd changer and got a new radio (searched for the one I wanted, OEM deck by Alpine, with the touch-slide feature... it's badass!)
    -Black door pulls and map pockets to add some contrast to the interior
    -Numerous other little things

Before:

Now:

...and here's a problem that had to be addressed right away, after we got the car home, Bobby (88325isboy), put his knee on the back bumper and it shifted... we looked at each other and looked at it, bent down, and gave a slight tug, and the whole bumper came off in his hands... WTF? The aluminum corroded and the bumper COULD have fallen off on the hwy, right into the front of my 240 I was following in behind...so we put the shorter aluminum bumpers on, painted black, and it looks tons better. Though I may still add platics later on, i'm fine for right now. I do want to get rid of the buckteeth fogs, that are ugly, in favor of a newer valance/integrated fogs.

Lots more to come, I still have a looong way to go, like the inerior still isn't clean enough, the engine is still disgusting, etc...just wanted to share the progress thus far.

-Dan :)
    Last edited by S14sx2nr; 12-07-2005, 06:07 PM.
    never enough money...

'95 240sx base - RB25DET in progress
    '87 325ic - Project daily

That's a lot of progress, you could resell that thing and make a ton of profit if you really wanted. I've always wanted to buy a shit E30 and clean the whole thing up to turn profit on it. It's amazing how much better the interior works.

How much did you pay for those Vaders, and where did you cop them?

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

great progress...loos like you got a sweet project going on there.
      keep it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave
        That's a lot of progress, you could resell that thing and make a ton of profit if you really wanted. I've always wanted to buy a shit E30 and clean the whole thing up to turn profit on it. It's amazing how much better the interior works.

Thanks, it is a lot of progress, but it still has such a long way to go...

As for the vaders, got em for a Benjamin from a buddy with a Turbo IDing Power MS3 that upgraded to some Sparcos. It's a homie hookup thing, no1 else would've gotten that deal. :D

-Dan
        never enough money...

Comment

honestly, which is easier to work on?... ur silvia? or the e30?

awsome job car lookin clean!
          Toyota Pickup

Comment

nice progress! the before engine bay and interior shots were horrid. it looked like it had been left in the sahara with the hood open and top down for 5 years.
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

It sat for 2 years+ with a torn top with a tarp over it. You should see how nasty the stock sport seats were... omg...

-Dan
              never enough money...

Comment

RoyalBlau Metallic for teh win!!!!!
                Current Cars
                2014 M235i
                2009 R56 Cooper S
                1998 M3
                1997 M3

Comment

I say get black door panels and dark carpet and then the vaders would look very very badass. I have always wanted to know how a black/dove grey interior would look. very nice progress.
                  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-h...wE3UqwjjmaTrXg

Comment

Originally posted by S14sx2nr
                    As for the vaders, got em for a Benjamin from a buddy with a Turbo IDing Power MS3 that upgraded to some Sparcos. It's a homie hookup thing, no1 else would've gotten that deal. :D

-Dan
                    Is his car like, working yet? afaik he was having issues with is motor? Maybe ill see it again sometime. The wing on that thing is insane!

Oh yea, you allready know what I think about the car: keep it up. See ya in a few weeks.

Kyle
                    1988 M3, 97 840, 99 XJ
                    DILLIGAF

Comment

Originally posted by bimmer8604
                      Is his car like, working yet? afaik he was having issues with is motor?

Kyle
                      Nope, not yet, new motor will be here soon ;)

-Dan
                      never enough money...

Comment

Great work men! Dan we should take it out on Sat!!!!!! hahahah

'87 325 (Track Rat)
                        '04 C5500 Wrecker (Work)
                        '94 525i (Daily)
                        '90 325i (R.I.P)
                        H&R Race, Racing Dynamics Sway Bars, Tree House CAB's, Sparco Strut Bars and more.

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave
                          From a friend of ours, Barrett. Youd probably be sick to your stomach if you knew the prices we have paid for shit from him....

Dan, plastic bumpers. Just say no to diving boards. Dan and Boobie, come out to Lawrence. I wont be back to KC in a while.
                          Im now E30less.
                          sigpic

Comment

Yeah, we need to come out there :)

as for plastic bumpers... I need a top first...

-Dan
                            never enough money...

Comment

nice work, looks a lot better

Comment

Working...
                              X