This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont like Old school no more!

I use to love E30's. and now I dont even get impressed by them anymore. Is it Me or am i tripping? well anyways. this has been my latest project I did a whole CSL Conversion on my E46 ///M. Im probably picking up a E92 ///M in the next couple months. I was going for a E30 ///M but after driving my cousins E30 ///M seems real slow.

My Little cousins 996 Turbo. and My buddys Rat Rod. My ///M is all the way in the back.

Nice car. Congrats. Now go gloat about it on an M3 forum

Comment

No ......don't go over there!!
      NASA
      BMWCCA member
      PCA member 25yrs

1991 318IS slick top
      1997 M3 sedan
      2001 325CI DD

“whoever turns the wheel the least, wins"

Comment

I'd love an e46...m especially. But its just hard to beat the simplistic charm of an e30...and the fact that it feels like a go-kart unlike the e46 which actually feels like it has mass.

Two completely different driving experiences.

Comment

Was it really necessary to say "///M" every time? I believe "M3" would have been just fine ;)

Nice car though. I would love an e46 M3

Comment

Complete CSL conversion huh?
            Did the carbon door cards and console too?
            How about paint it black sapphire metallic?
            Or how about reduce the weight by240 pounds?
            How about the carbon roof?
            Should I go on?
            I had a e46 sold it and bought a e30 M
            e46 had no soul

Comment

Another fanboy WalletFlasher, go back to where you originally came from., I stay with the e30s because most owners are humble and well rounded people.

Your car and mods can be had anywhere., You're a trend hopper, therefore go to e46 fanatics. That's were your kind belongs.

Nice car and have a nice evening.
              @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

i laughed, good job on your shit purchase. go do all the credit card mods now.

Comment

You like what u like. Who cares?
                  "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                  88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                  89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                  91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

I can appreciate the work he did, but I believe what he meant by CSL conversion is he did SOME of the outside CSL conversion, cause I'm sure he still has a stereo and A/C. I also don't see a CSL trunk or front bumper on it but it's kinda hard to tell from the pics.

I have an E46 and I love it, it's not a "///M" but fun nontheless. I also <3 my E30
                    sigpic
                    Rebuilding since 07/06/2016

Poorboyz Parts For Sale - Updated 01/20/17 - Will be updated soon - Have many parts to post

Poorboyz Feedback Thread

Comment

Nice car. Lame attitude. /////////M
                      S50'd

Originally posted by TDE30
                      What is this faggy shit I have happened upon?
                      Originally posted by slammin.e28
                      I can always live in a M3. Can't M3 a house.

Comment

Hey OP, your ego is a little big.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                        Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by Lof8 View Post
                          Nice car. Lame attitude. /////////M
                          +1. Typical
                          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Ill take the rat rod first, then the 996, then the e46. It is a quick car that can handle fairly well, but will be a wasteland of money during its life in your hands. These manufacturers are good at turing out new cars that handle better & have more power than their predecessors, but at the expense of larger more expensive tires, increased camber to help the heavy car handle well, complicated electronics to help people who dont know how to drive a car with that much power and weight and keep them from killing themselves, etc, etc. Ever wonder why an X5 can handle so well? Drive behind a sport version and you will clearly see why, and why the owner is a tire dealers best friend.

To put it into perspective, I bought my e39 touring for 30k 6 years ago and it is worth 12-14k. I bought my e30 5 years ago for $2200 and have had offers over 7k for it, but rethought selling it because it is almost a perfect example (in my mind). So I have lost 60% of the e39's value and my e30 is worth 218% more than what I paid for it. Of course I have some money into it, but besides maintenance items, I really dont have much into it. So lets say 100% more, still, it has been a good investment. But it is not an investment, but if the shit hit the fan, its good to have appreciating assets vs. depreciating assets, which is just about any and every single newish car you can buy. They are disposable, throw away pieces of plastic, steel and aluminum.
                            sigpic
                            Rediculously Cool!

www.squatchboxx.com

Instagram @squatchboxxcoolers

Comment

To each their own...

I've got a supercharged e46 with something like 400hp and I still prefer my e30 with the original m20 engine.

Nürburgring info

Comment

Working...
                              X