No announcement yet.

r3v'd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it's rained here almost every day for more than a month.. I guess you could say I'm used to driving in the rain, doesn't scare me at all. not to say I don't have to be careful though. I've also had opportunities to find my wet limits in a safe venue (autox). BTW, Falken Azenis have a surprising amount of wet grip...
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by UNHCLL
      Fuck yes.
      Further proof that the NE states are indeed much more intelligent than the rest of this nation.

Amen brother

Comment

Driving in the rain is a blast! My bronzit will never meet an end at my own hand! Quote me if you will, cause even if i do, ill never post it here!

Originally posted by vlad
        Do you know anybody else who built that many bad ass E30s?

Comment

Rain is nothing. In my hands, I can drive my car fast without sliding, or flat out with a fair share of "holy shit" moments. I do the latter on the track.

Another thing that does not help most E30's are the worn as hell stock bushings. Now that I think back I can't beleive I drove my E30 with shot bushings the way I did. After replacing everything, the car is completely different.

Keep it slideways!!

Comment

Selling anything off the car bro !!!

Are you buying another E30 or are you gonna sell stuf of yours.....I wouldnt mind buying the the wheels maybe the rear diff if its a LSD from an IS? ANd things else maybe engine parts!......IF you want to buy a 90 325i that nees a bottom end i have one that could be for sale.. Let me know.. Your interior is way better then this one i have..

Mods to come:IS LIP RyanG(scored) MTechII Rear (SCORED) Shadowline (soon) Tint (soon) Umnitza HLConv w/HID ( wow am i broke yet)

Comment

I have to agree with the Curse of the Bronzit. I had one for 2 years, I should have just painted a target on that thing. Finally got totalled when an idiot trying to light a cigarette rear ended me. That's why the next one I bought was White.
              Just livin in the OC minus my E30

Comment

Originally posted by Jarvis
                there's no reason to fear driving on wet roads.
                Its not fear. Its just caution and realising that theres times to speed and then theres times not to (to minimize the possibility of damage to your car as much as possible). I think we can all agree with that. Id rather not risk it, because in L.A. its not always you who fucks up, but the other abolutely I-cant-believe-they-are-licensed drives out there that you have to give yourself room to avoid. ;)

Mariano

2001 Titaniumsilber 540i Sport 6-Speed
                1990 Diamantschwarz Alpha-N 2.5L ///M3
                1986 Alpinweiss 325e M50B25 (R.I.P.)

-Talk to me when more sound comes from the induction than from the exhaust...

-Argentina........lo mas grande que hay.

Comment

It has to be said that e30s + inexperienced drivers + wet roads = trouble. I crashed a few years ago and know of a couple others that wrote off their e30's. All in the rain and on roads they knew very well. rear-end came out, we all over-corrected and went off the road. What is it about e30s that make em so dodgy to newbies in the wet?

After driving for a few years I still take it more than easy when its wet, its just so much harder to regain traction. I only have an M10 so I don't have to be as careful with the gas pedal but the car will still oversteer in wet conditions. When I put decent(ish) tires on the car was transformed in the wet, went over a wet mountain road without even a hint of sliding. With the old goodyears the car would have been all over the place.

/rant

ps: sucks about the car. you'll live and learn

Comment

Originally posted by UNHCLL
                    Fuck yes.
                    Further proof that the NE states are indeed much more intelligent than the rest of this nation.

kinda funny considering the latest insurance bureau figures show more tickets and more claims in the NE (not including NY State)
                    06 325i
                    92 525iM
                    90 M3
                    88 325is

Comment

this is probably a bad time but will you bee selling those wheels?

Comment

Hahahaha The Saying I Made Up Will Always Be A Part Of This Site Just As Jordan Will Be A Part Of Weight Watchers.

I Love It.

Comment

This looks a lot like Indian river road. Am I right?

Comment

E30_boy,

Yeah, it's indian river road. I am already driving the car again, it turned out to be ok. Lots of body work to be done though and i won't be selling anything off it. Sorry!

Comment

Originally posted by Zimma
                              E30_boy,

Yeah, it's indian river road. I am already driving the car again, it turned out to be ok. Lots of body work to be done though and i won't be selling anything off it. Sorry!
                              Didn't your car have an oil cooler? I guess it was intact since you're already driving it again.
                              R.I.P 07/01/09 - 04/23/10 :(

Comment

Working...
                              X