No announcement yet.

MPLFoster - 1990 325i - Exporting back to Germany

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That sounds great. Similar to what I wanna do for exhaust.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
    Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Thanks man. If you're sticking with the m20, go for long tubes.

form.follows.function IG @mplfoster

Comment

Exhaust clip from my dash cam. Quality took a dive after going thru movie maker and flickr. meh

~3/4 throttle pull onto the freeway then a quick clip of a twisty section, that wasn't overly crowded, on chukanut.

The bikes didn't want to play...which is kind of lame since they were the ones who cleared the road by flashing and waving at people to pull over for them. Once i caught up i guess they had lost their motivation.

I'm really impressed by the noise it makes now. Not too loud, not too quiet. Plus as a super duper added bonus the IE long tubes actually got rid of the gnarly drone i had with the cast manifolds that had been merged into a single 2.5" collector. Around 2400-2900RPM there used to be a noticeable bass-heavy drone. Not anymore. Just sounds throaty throughout the entire rev range. I like.
        Last edited by MPLFoster; 06-08-2015, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Comment

Been a long time since i've updated things here...

Moved to Germany and left my E30 with a trusted friend in Arizona. It's been neglected but at least it's been kept warm and dry. Now i'm finally in a place where i can bring the car over and get to work building it up again. I plan on having it shipped by the end of the month if things go well. Should have it by mid-june.

Before i moved to Freiburg i sold a lot of the cool parts i had gathered up, like the Miller MAF, RHD Flywheel, E36 M3 steering rack...and a few other goodies. Thinking that i might not be able to have the car anymore. So i'll be buying some of those things again, because they were awesome, and a few more goodies...kinda want the RHD ITB's. Would be tits. We'll see how things go. Really just want to have my car back and go for a drive, even if its mostly stock.

Anyways, i know R3V needs visuals soooo here's some potato cam pics of how she sits waiting for transport...

Can't wait to bring this thing back to Deutschland and cruise the autobahn. Wish me luck with the import. :D

Comment

I saw all the posts of you in Germany on IG, didn't know you moved there! Why the big move?
              '84 Alpine 325e (Gone)
              '91 Alpine 318i (Gone) Click Here
              '92 Alpine 325i Cabrio (Gone) Click Here
              '91 Alpine 318is

Comment

Originally posted by shameson View Post
                I saw all the posts of you in Germany on IG, didn't know you moved there! Why the big move?
                A girl. She's pretty awesome. We met up in Washington on the 4th of July, 2015 while she was on vacation visiting a friend of my roommate's at the time and there was an immediate attraction. We ended up spending her last 3 weeks in the states together traveling through SoCal and over to Lake Havasu City, AZ, then the Grand Canyon and then on to Vegas. Was fucking wild. Decided to keep the adventure going and visited her in Freiburg where we travelled all over Europe visiting some amazing places and making memories. Pretty much cemented our relationship and after 3 months (the limit on a tourist visa) i retured to the states where i liquidated my stuff and prepared to return to Germany. Got back October of 2016 and have been here since. Found work and was staying on a year long work visa which i just had extended for another year.

Now that i've decided to port my car over i guess you could say things are getting pretty serious... ;)

Would R3V like some GF pics? Just a few of the SFW ones ;D

Alright getting carried away...but yeah she's worth it and it's been amazing so far. Europe is dope asf

Comment

I definitely see why you followed her ;D

Where in Germany are you? Planning on making a trip to Munich within the next year. I went to France last year and travelled a little but never had the chance to take the train next door.

EDIT: just saw you're in Freiburg
                  '84 Alpine 325e (Gone)
                  '91 Alpine 318i (Gone) Click Here
                  '92 Alpine 325i Cabrio (Gone) Click Here
                  '91 Alpine 318is

Comment

Awesome man! Now we can meet in our e30s, to hand over Klaus :)

Comment

Originally posted by shameson View Post
                      I definitely see why you followed her ;D

Where in Germany are you? Planning on making a trip to Munich within the next year. I went to France last year and travelled a little but never had the chance to take the train next door.

EDIT: just saw you're in Freiburg
                      Definitely check out the BMW museum in Munich while you're there and also the new vehicle expo across the street. So cool. Im about 4hrs from Munich. Let me know when your coming over and maybe we can meet up. I'd be happy to show you around Freiburg or just take another BMW tour :up:

Originally posted by nachbarx View Post
                      Awesome man! Now we can meet in our e30s, to hand over Klaus :)
                      I hope my car arrives by then! That would be fantastic!

Comment

Congratulations on finding your soul mate and living in a beautiful part of the world, Freiburg is a great part of Germany, the warmest/sunniest and a university town, also great beer, Heist Brewery is about 45 minutes away and has a great pils and wheat beer, learn to speak the language, its a bitch to learn well, also check with the TUV about any modifications that you made to the car, all modifications must meet TUV standards, Hockenheim is not far either, enjoy

Comment

Originally posted by cdeason7 View Post
                          Congratulations on finding your soul mate and living in a beautiful part of the world, Freiburg is a great part of Germany, the warmest/sunniest and a university town, also great beer, Heist Brewery is about 45 minutes away and has a great pils and wheat beer, learn to speak the language, its a bitch to learn well, also check with the TUV about any modifications that you made to the car, all modifications must meet TUV standards, Hockenheim is not far either, enjoy
                          Thanks man. This is a great part of Germany. Lucky she happens to live here.

I have not been to Heist Brewery but i'll keep that in mind. So far most of the beer here is quite good. And yes, learning German has been difficult. It doesn't help that the common language at my job is English or that most of the university kids, and everyone else really, speak english well enough to understand and converse with me. My favorite phrase is ''Es tut mir leid, mein Deutsch ist nicht so gut''...which usually transitions the conversation into English. However I will be starting a B1 level language course within the month. Been getting by with basic German skills but it's wearing thin...time to get serious.

As for legalizing the E30 I am fortunate enough to know somone who can ''pass'' my car through TUV when it gets here.

Once it's here Nordschleife and Hockenheim are on my to-do list. Thanks for the kind words! :up:

Comment

smartest guy on this entire forum......
                            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
                            IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

Originally posted by getouth View Post

Truth.

She doesn't look totally German. Is she a mutt?
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:
                              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by getouth View Post
                                Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                                Truth.

She doesn't look totally German. Is she a mutt?
                                Aw c'mon guys...I'm just a dude who followed his dick (heart) and ended up in the land of speed. Lucky is more like it. ;)

And she's actually not German at all. She's 100% Afghan, born in Kabul. Father was in the government in the early 90's. Then the radicals took over and when the establishment went belly up they had to flee the country. He had a price on his head so he went one way and his family another. She bounced around Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran and Russia with her grandmother for a few years before settling in Germany with their open door refugee policies. All before she's was 6.

Comment

Working...
                                X