Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

As requested by 325Projectz, here are some pics of my M3, and a little backround info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hows the visibility out of your mirrors mikeedler, as oppossed to the e30.de.shop one's

Comment

Originally posted by vt.bimmer
      Nice buy! I was drooling over Azevedo's M3 when it was still for sale. I never got to see it in person though.
      Do you plan on bringing it out to any events in the northeast this summer?
      Yeah i plan on bringing it out to events, i would like to do a p-shoot with your 2002

Comment

Originally posted by UNHCLL
        1) The mirrors arent DTM replicas/cup mirrors. I think they are the pfeba style knock-off's. I'd replace them with "real" replica DTM mirrors from e30shop.de (Oxymoron saying "real replica!)
        2) Those arent "Evo 3 tails" ;) They are MHW/Startec Smoked Tail Lights
        3) Clean engine bay work... wrong motor though. ;)

Good luck with school.
        Please enlighten me???

Comment

Originally posted by Widm3r
          Yeah i plan on bringing it out to events, i would like to do a p-shoot with your 2002
          Where on LI do you live?

Comment

Nassau county, north shore, the town name is port washington, fairly small

Comment

Please enlighten me???
              OK, I'll try my best.

Item 1:

This is a DTM Replica mirror:

Your Mirrors look more like this:

I think these are either an AC Schnitzer model or a Pfeba mirror.

Item 2:
              Evo 3 cars came with identical tails to any other E30 M3 ever produced. The smoked tail lights on your car are simply an aftermarket tuner's tail lights for the pre-88 bodystyle E30.

Item 3:
              I'm an "S14 purist".... so an S50 in the front of an M3 doesnt seem right, to me.

Hope that helps explain what I mean?
              Below the radar...

Comment

Unhcll, what engine do i have then, im just confused, because i would tend to believe the builder over somebody else, and why is there a bmw sticker with the part number on the tail light housing???

And then what motor do i have, if i dont have a s50, an s52...please please enlighten me

Comment

ok, yeah, i was very confused about the engine part, yeah, im glad i dont have a s14 right now, i can not pay for the labor that needs to go into one of those, thats why i was looking for a e36 m3, even though my true love is a e30 m3, down the line i plan on swapping my motor into a regular e30, and putting in a s14, once i am out of college and actually have some disposable income

Comment

Unhcll, what engine do i have then, im just confused, because i would tend to believe the builder over somebody else, and why is there a bmw sticker with the part number on the tail light housing???

And then what motor do i have, if i dont have a s50, an s52...please please enlighten me

You have what appears to be a Single Vanos S50B30 (US Spec M3) motor. What Rui did to it to build it up, I'm not sure.. obviously he provided you with those details. An S14 (The original M3 motor that came in the car) is only a 2.3l 4 cylinder.

You probably have a BMW PN sticker on inside tail light covers. The parts that hold the light bulbs and plug into the wiring harness. The tinted/smoked lights themselves are aftermarket.

Hopefully that helps explain what I meant.

Cheers!
                    Chris
                    Below the radar...

Comment

The tails are made by MHW out of molds of OEM tails, they never came stock on E30's though. BMW never made smoked E30 tails.

And your engine is an S50.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by UNHCLL
                        You have what appears to be a Single Vanos S50B30 (US Spec M3) motor. What Rui did to it to build it up, I'm not sure.. obviously he provided you with those details. An S14 (The original M3 motor that came in the car) is only a 2.3l 4 cylinder.

You probably have a BMW PN sticker on inside tail light covers. The parts that hold the light bulbs and plug into the wiring harness. The tinted/smoked lights themselves are aftermarket.

Hopefully that helps explain what I meant.

Cheers!
                        Chris

I just misinterpreted it my bad, and yes i would love to have a n/a s14, like a guppe A motor, that revs to ten grand, but that is unfeasable at the time, and sorry i got defensive, all of a sudden i started to panic, and was like what did he put a m50 into my car, that bastard, but know i know what you meant, sorry im kind of a , but not really

Comment

the motor build up, shaved head, forged internals 268 cams. upgraded valve springs and retainers, pistons, and way more that i cant remember, i need to take a trip down to jersey, and get a full write up, because im trying to figure out about f/i, and i need to know all the mods in there, so my engine runs right on tuning

Comment

I just misinterpreted it my bad, and yes i would love to have a n/a s14, like a guppe A motor, that revs to ten grand, but that is unfeasable at the time, and sorry i got defensive, all of a sudden i started to panic, and was like what did he put a m50 into my car, that bastard, but know i know what you meant, sorry im kind of a , but not really
                            No problem here.

Long winters here in the Northeast without fun cars can be stressful ;)
                            Below the radar...

Comment

Yeah, you live on the North-east UNHCLL???

Comment

And yeah, there are a bunch of mods, that arent fully to my taste, and a bunch of other things that i need to fix, so i get this car to my full likings, its going to be a never ending project for me

Comment

Working...
                                X