Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meet "Blue Nose" M62b44 swap (Pic Heavy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Little progress update.. Went ahead and got my cut on.

And nothings complete without bloodshed, super glue, and whiskey. Stitches would be nice but you cant have everything now can you?

Last edited by DIIRTY-30; 02-22-2016, 11:05 PM.

BLUE NOSE - M62 SWAP

THE E30 + 1 BUILD

Comment

Maybe I missed it but why cut the rear bulkhead out?
        1991 325i - "Scambles" The Daily Driven lightly modded.
        1988 Mazda RX-7 TII "Mako" The Free Dorito
        bacon by Jared Laabs, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by AwakenNoMore View Post
          Maybe I missed it but why cut the rear bulkhead out?
          Monkey bars incoming is my guess! :D

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
            Thought that too, but most people just cut holes where needed for that.
            1991 325i - "Scambles" The Daily Driven lightly modded.
            1988 Mazda RX-7 TII "Mako" The Free Dorito
            bacon by Jared Laabs, on Flickr

Comment

Ouch! That thumb! How did you manage to do that?

Looks great! I haven't been here in a while and its coming along fabulously!
              -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
              08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
              318iS, slow build/garage queen...
              '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
              Originally posted by roguetoaster
              Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Nailed it! Its funny, turns out I met Allan like 2 yrs ago; as soon as I saw the touring I was like wait a second.. Anyhow thanks again for the heads up Abbi, appreciate it man!

Originally posted by AwakenNoMore View Post
                Thought that too, but most people just cut holes where needed for that.
                Nope not me; I like cutting shit up with sawzall's, they should hire me as a spokesperson lol.

Aside from that I've had an idea for the interior that I was tossing around for a while. Just more of an excuse to execute it now. Afterall, this car isn't seeing another owner for a long time if ever. It's not perfect but I spliced, diced, and glued it back together, & I take great pride in it.

Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
                Ouch! That thumb! How did you manage to do that?

Looks great! I haven't been here in a while and its coming along fabulously!
                Thanks man! Yeah def should have gotten stitches haha. Busted it open atleast twice a day since. But I don't even wanna try and figure out how I did it, sanding the engine bay, slipped and caught myself on the right piece of metal. Wasn't anything a good 6 oz of whiskey couldn't take care of.

BLUE NOSE - M62 SWAP

THE E30 + 1 BUILD

Comment

NP. Stoked to see it completed!
                  Ask him about dead-pedals and other trinkets you might like fab'd.
                  He offered me to make one as well as my delete panels, but I haven't had time to go back and wanted to take a crack at it myself.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

NP. Stoked to see it completed!
                    Ask him about dead-pedals and other trinkets you might like fab'd.
                    He offered me to make one as well as my delete panels, but I haven't had time to go back and wanted to take a crack at it myself.

I had him cut the circle for my spare wheel well since the person who was supposed to do it for me flaked hardcore. I'll most likely have him finish welding my shifter, carrier, and eventually exhaust. Definitely just became my go-to guy though, going to drop by later tonight and see the finished product.

On a side note, hopefully the hardlines will be started tomorrow and brakes checked and addressed for safety. After that, just a matter of towing it home and getting a driveshaft.

I was hoping to have the flywheel & oil pan swapped out by today but still kinda limited due to the thumb issue lol..

BLUE NOSE - M62 SWAP

THE E30 + 1 BUILD

Comment

wow - I want a ride when its done
                      91 DS S52 Slicktop, 91 Calypso M42, 89 Royalblau M20, 84 Bahama Beige 323i, M535, Euro e24, ap1

www.RenownUSA.com
                      ig @RenownUSA / @rude.scott

Comment

Well not much in the way of updates. Won't have the car for another 2 weeks give or take. Gives me time to finish up the motor stuff.

With that being said I'll let the pictures speak for my heightened anxiety for about an hour till I could put things back on flat ground.

Finally swapped the pan on that Matt did for me, the clearance of before and after are crazy.

The pilot bearing I almost completely overlooked and forgot to order. Wondered why something didnt look right...

Slapped together a new thermo & water pump for good measure. Metal impellers all day baby.

This happened the other night outside my work. Definitely a good way to burn 15 mins with my co workers. Check your fuel lines people, seriously.

Also I'll just leave this here for now since it's not my picture. It's far from done but gives you an idea of whats to come...

Last edited by DIIRTY-30; 02-29-2016, 05:15 PM.

BLUE NOSE - M62 SWAP

THE E30 + 1 BUILD

Comment

Originally posted by animal View Post
                          wow - I want a ride when its done

Anytime your in town once its running just hit me up. Always more than welcome to drop by Scott.

__________________________________________________ _________________________________

__________________________________________________ _________________________________

One more pic of the almost finished product. I'll snap some of my own pics tomorrow when I have a chance. Just leave this here to marinate, can't wait to drive this car again.

BLUE NOSE - M62 SWAP

THE E30 + 1 BUILD

Comment

You better finish this thing soon, so you can actually drive it
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:
                            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                              You better finish this thing soon, so you can actually drive it

The ball is definitely picking up momentum. It's in Jerrick's hands for the next few weeks so once I tow it back, we should be golden.

Heres some better (but still cell phone pics of it)

Went ahead and cut up my old hood. So one day when my pipe dream of having 8 trumpets sounding, this will be my method of drawing fresh air in. :p

Once I have more light tomorrow, I was going to start cleaning up the edges and rounding them better, just wanted to get the rough cuts down and finished.

Last edited by DIIRTY-30; 03-02-2016, 09:49 AM.

BLUE NOSE - M62 SWAP

THE E30 + 1 BUILD

Comment

I love JMP
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:
                                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Working...
                                X