Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meet "Blue Nose" M62b44 swap (Pic Heavy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    I love JMP

JMP always has badass cars rolling through. Met the owner of this M6 w/s38b36, all I can say is holy shit. Custom TA's, 12.5 in the rear tucked into the stock body lines, full aluminum exhaust, custom fuel cell between the rear towers, stripped & caged.

Such an insane build, nothing short of inspirational.

BLUE NOSE - M62 SWAP

THE E30 + 1 BUILD

Comment

Originally posted by DIIRTY-30 View Post
      JMP always has badass cars rolling through. Met the owner of this M6 w/s38b36, all I can say is holy shit. Custom TA's, 12.5 in the rear tucked into the stock body lines, full aluminum exhaust, custom fuel cell between the rear towers, stripped & caged.

Such an insane build, nothing short of inspirational.

No pics of the entire car?!? :rippedoff::rippedoff:

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
      Transaction feedback
      - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
        No pics of the entire car?!? :rippedoff::rippedoff:

Sadly no, posting these up as a teaser but I'm sure I'll see it again. I'd like to do a legit shoot with his car on film, from my understanding hes thinking about putting his s38b38 into his e30 m3.. Talk about baller shit.

BLUE NOSE - M62 SWAP

THE E30 + 1 BUILD

Comment

Sadly no, posting these up as a teaser but I'm sure I'll see it again. I'd like to do a legit shoot with his car on film, from my understanding hes thinking about putting his s38b38 into his e30 m3.. Talk about baller shit.
          Seems like a crazy build, I don't see E24s built as racecars that often.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
          Transaction feedback
          - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
            Seems like a crazy build, I don't see E24s built as racecars that often.

Here's a few pics he was showing me last night, gives you an idea of the exterior now. Hopefully he and I can set up a shoot sometime and really put something badass together. Hate having to steal pics but I hate when photographers code their links to clear. Obv photo cred to Caliphoto..

BLUE NOSE - M62 SWAP

THE E30 + 1 BUILD

Comment

This happened the other night outside my work. Definitely a good way to burn 15 mins with my co workers. Check your fuel lines people, seriously.
              This almost happened to mine one morning, no joke. I fired it up and let it warm up maybe 30 sec before pulling out into the driveway and I stopped to pull the garage door down and smelt fuel... There was a puddle of fuel under my spot in the garage and a trail of drips leading to the car... Let's just say I didn't take it anywhere that day. New soft lines from the fuel filter to the fuel rail that next day!
              In my build thread there's pics but I don't want to thread jack!
              -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
              08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
              318iS, slow build/garage queen...
              '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
              Originally posted by roguetoaster
              Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
                This almost happened to mine one morning, no joke. I fired it up and let it warm up maybe 30 sec before pulling out into the driveway and I stopped to pull the garage door down and smelt fuel... There was a puddle of fuel under my spot in the garage and a trail of drips leading to the car... Let's just say I didn't take it anywhere that day. New soft lines from the fuel filter to the fuel rail that next day!
                In my build thread there's pics but I don't want to thread jack!

This happened to the first e30 I almost bought. Caught on fire right as I was leaving my house to go look at/buy it. I remember reading you changed the lines out but didn't think it was that bad, luckily it didn't happen to you.

Went ahead and finished trimming the hood up. Not perfect but it's not like I'll be using it all the time.

BLUE NOSE - M62 SWAP

THE E30 + 1 BUILD

Comment

Been a while since I've updated this ish... Got the serpentine belt, swapped timing covers, slapped the oil filter housing on, new water pump, yadda yadda yadda... For reference, if anyone plans to run their motor without P/S or A/C, use two smaller pulleys and belt # 7PK1388 (which turns out is hard to find according to the parts morons at autozone/o'reilly)

Busy working on breaking down my neighbors parts car for him. Successfully can say it took less than 8 hours to do the entire car all in all, which I'm pretty proud of. Let the flood of photos commence...

Oh and went ahead and photoshopped some apex's to see what they'd look on my car incase I decided to buy them when the funds became available...

Pics of parts car after I raped it.. Was a full car before I got to it, should have taken pics of a before.

Last edited by DIIRTY-30; 03-17-2016, 12:23 PM.

BLUE NOSE - M62 SWAP

THE E30 + 1 BUILD

Comment

Your car makes any set of wheels look good

Comment

car is looking awesome!

also, there was a guy on r3v a while back that had a cirrus car with apex wheels, incase you need more photos to convince you:

Comment

Originally posted by SmallDave View Post
                        Your car makes any set of wheels look good
                        Thanks Dave! :D

Originally posted by straight6pwr View Post
                        car is looking awesome!

also, there was a guy on r3v a while back that had a cirrus car with apex wheels, incase you need more photos to convince you:
                        https://www.flickr.com/photos/apexra...7625965634354/

Literally that car & Matt's were the only two I really stumbled across. I think the cirrus was the first to pop up on my google images when I started looking. I expected to see more cars with those wheels but I guess they're not as popular/common as I assumed?

On a side note I actually used Matt's shot to photoshop it onto mine.

BLUE NOSE - M62 SWAP

THE E30 + 1 BUILD

Comment

Got bored the other night and decided to make a bracket for the oil catch can. Played around and came up with something I liked. Pretty happy with how it came together, gonna clean it up a little bit more and have it powdered.

On a side note, why the fuck is it near impossible to stab the transmission input into the pilot bearing? I originally thought the clutch disc alignment would be the hardest part but the bearing just aint having it. I've tried two separate times by myself stabbing it, started thinking maybe I'm just crazy. Had my good friend Gary (greanthumb) roll down and man handle it yesterday and same shit. Got maybe 1/4-1/2 from being flush but it just wont slip in. If anyone has suggestions, please and I do mean PLEASE tell me. This has become a nightmare and it just keeps laughing at me lol.

Threw in a spacer between the two ears to make the mounting a bit more solid..

If anyone wants to sell their MIG set up and your local... Hit me up, could definitely use one.

BLUE NOSE - M62 SWAP

THE E30 + 1 BUILD

Comment

Amazing build man, almost 3 years! God I loved the copper bolts on the old headers! The M60 swap and everything? I'm planning on following in your footsteps with the swap and learning it all myself. You are an inspiration sir. Thank you!
                            Eve- 86' Black E325 Sedan
                            Mjolnir- 87' White 325 Sedan
                            Rusty- 85' White 325 Coupe

Comment

Nice work man!!
                              '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
                              Shadetree30

Comment

Omg. Just stumbled upon this thread and now I am going to read all 30 pages!
                                IG: Dhithim
                                2015 Subaru BRZ 380whp
                                My '87 Project
                                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=382462

Comment

Working...
                                X