FredK's 1990 325i-2 Race Car Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FredK's 1990 325i-2 Race Car Build

Horrible smartphone picture, horrible car.

I bought my first E30 from a guy in Maine. Surprisingly the car was fairly rust-free, all things considered. I then told myself, stop buying cars from the Northeast, and held to it as much as I could until recently.

These days, it's not as easy to find a car in good shape for a reasonable price. I found this 1990 325i-2 on Craigslist. It's a manual car with all original VINs in place, and good panel gaps all around. The fender bottoms are not in good shape and there's battery box rust, but these are items that I can address without fussing with the originality of the car. I will try my hand at painting once again.

My plans are to keep this car original as possible, with the addition of a limited-slip differential and sport seats. This will be my daily driver. The car has 140K miles on it, and the engine is healthy so there's no reason to pull it out. Yet.

Originally posted by whysimon
    WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

In before stealth s85 swap with poorly updated build thread.

Comment

Yeah, the PO shadowlined the trim, but the paint is lifting. I have a full set of 318is shadowline that I'll refinish and throw on.

The car has a mild drop thanks to some H&R springs and Bilstein Sports that feel decent. I'll probably keep them.

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post

ROFLROFLROFL

Nah if I do something, I'm seriously thinking a longitudinal K24A2 will be a great start.

Comment

There is some insane stuff going on with the NA k series stuff, straight insanity...

When Honda cut the ribbon on the Integra Type R in late ’95 it introduced a game changer. Sure, the go-fast-grade Civics and CR-X that preceded the R-blooded DC2 had already got the wheels in motion for the Japanese car maker, but with its lightweight focused chassis, razor-sharp handing, and that oh-so-sweet, hand-assembled VTEC powerplant, …

Comment

There is some insane stuff going on with the NA k series stuff, straight insanity...

http://www.speedhunters.com/2013/04/...itr-evolution/
            Gawd I love those teggys! Sorry I had to...But damn 253whp out of that little n/a 4pot! Pretty gnarly!

FREE BITCOINS!! http://qoinpro.com/71690d1639966bfbf223bf16538cec21
            Originally posted by scabzzzz
            I stand up, pull my dick out, and asked my gf to give me some noggin... Well, she starts laughing at me and I freaked out and ran off and locked myself in a bedroom.
            1989 325i - Project/weekend driver
            2002 325i - DD
            2005 Suzuki SV650 - Toy

Comment

Originally posted by FredK View Post
              I then told myself, stop buying cars from the Northeast, and held to it as much as I could until recently.

These days, it's not as easy to find a car in good shape for a reasonable price.
              Haha, I told myself the same thing about buying cars from Michigan, but like you I gave in and now I've got another one with rust similar to yours. It's true what you said, it's hard to find something in good shape for a good price; i just couldn't walk away from it.
              My Feedback

Comment

No picture showing flex of skyjacker suspension? Someone is getting old and soft.

For a mcrusty car, looks clean.

Now post pretty cars.
                Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Haha, the battery died, so the motivation to move it from it's spot to take pictures was greatly reduced.

Here's my DD for now:

Photo Credit: Chang Kim

Comment

Yo Fred, nice car.
                    1985 325e M50TU(Sold)
                    1991 318is Slicktop (Sold)
                    1990 325is Brilliantrot S50/5 Lug Swapped.
                    1992 525i Manual shitbox Winter Beater

Comment

LOL...

Good luck keeping it simple.
                      IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Originally posted by TimKninja View Post
                        Yo Fred, nice car.
                        Thanks dude!

Originally posted by dude8383 View Post
                        LOL...

Good luck keeping it simple.
                        :|

I swear! I once bought a Bronzit E30 and did nothing to it except change the timing belt. Sooooo it is possible... right? :p

Comment

let me know when you need the DME flashed for your new swap!

by the time you get to it, I'll probably know how to do it. ;)
                          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by FredK View Post

I swear! I once bought a Bronzit E30 and did nothing to it except change the timing belt. Sooooo it is possible... right? :p

Since it was a bronzit, I could see why it was easy to do the bare minimum lol..
                            IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

clicked, thinking it would be a picture of my face.
                              Much wow
                              I hate 4 doors

Comment

Working...
                              X