No announcement yet.

My White girl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I started with fixing.it today but wanted to check the oil pressure before I ripped it.apart. and it.has none.

Comment

Lol just got her and already have problems, get used to it sister (bwahahaha) jk ;)

Nice find, it'll be fun working on her.

Welcome to R3v, Katie!
      IG: @_j.wn

Comment

I'm used to vw problems not bmw):

Comment

Originally posted by purrfektrs View Post
          I started with fixing.it today but wanted to check the oil pressure before I ripped it.apart. and it.has none.

Zero oil pressure always ? You have a gauge hooked up to it?
          Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
          The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

I tried it with two different gauges so I was sure it wasn't just the gauge. Zero pressure. But yet The motor isn't seizing or at a complete loss for oil.

Comment

^ something is not right, it won't run long without taking out a rod, cam, or main bearing with zero pressure.

What do you mean by "the motor isn't at a complete loss for oil" ?
              Lorin

The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Clean car to start off with and good to see someone taking care of basic maintenance first.

Anyways whatever you do, don't lose the pinstripe.
                Continuous For Sale Thread
                323i s50

Comment

damn, i wouldve loved to take the red interior off you. I love red interior

Comment

+1 cardinal red. forget the haters :) gonna do that to my e30
                    10 minutes... then we invade China.
                    We'll begin with the small town of General Tso's,
                    And move to the Orange chicken province.

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
                      ^ something is not right, it won't run long without taking out a rod, cam, or main bearing with zero pressure.

What do you mean by "the motor isn't at a complete loss for oil" ?
                      I've driven it a total of an.hour and that's in short drives since Tuesday. Something just didn't see right. . Kinda noisey (thought I was just not used to the motor since I'm used to How a vr6 sounds) . Reason why I think the valve is stuck open is because it'd getting oil but it's not(if that makes any sense) Gauge says no pressure But I checked the cam and it doesn't look worn Or starved of oil.

Comment

Originally posted by INDOMI View Post
                        damn, i wouldve loved to take the red interior off you. I love red interior

Originally posted by 1owNslo View Post
                        +1 cardinal red. forget the haters :) gonna do that to my e30
                        Once I find black, you guys can buy the red off me (:

Comment

Thanks guys. I''ll hopefully have a.pump by tomorrow. I'll order it from one of the places I deal with at work, if I can't find one around here. I've spent about 700 on parts so far , not including.the pump. So lets see what happened tomorrow night when I go to where I left her.

Comment

When you drain your oil to put the pump on, look for metal in the oil. It will look like your oil is metallic black paint with the metallic being goldish color.
                            Lorin

The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

What scale is on your oil pressure gauge? The etas seem to run with REALLY low oil pressure, especially if you're not running heavy oil. My low pressure light always flickered at idle when I was still running the M20.
                              1997 540i/6 - stock
                              1985 325 - M50NV - Getrag 250 - 2.79 LSD - MS2/e -LC-1 - 750cc injectors - Blunttech Manifold - HX35 - AEM UEGO
                              1991 318i - M50NV - Getrag 240 - 4.10 open - e36 rack - Smileys - 55w 5000k HIDs

Comment

There's no metal in the oil. After I checked the pressure and saw it had no pressure I disconnected it and it did push some oil out but not.a lot. As.for seeing the lights for.the warnings, the person who had the car apparently disconnected the warning system.. I thought the cluster was just messed up because the only thing that works on the cluster is the Speedo. (Tach gas gauge temp etc doesn't work) so they messed with.something in the warning system. The bulbs in.the cluster work I checked them.

Comment

Working...
                                X