My 32 Valve E30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whoops, missed some people's questions.

Gas mileage is what you'd expect of a V8, crappy lol. Still need to get that OBC MPG adjuster someday to see what my real fuel consumption is... but from what I've driven so far, I'd say in the low teen's for city and high teen's/low 20's for highway. I'm using a 530i harness with a 404 ECU out of a 740i.

Uploading a video right now of what the car sounds like driving on the road.
    Last edited by MJCRO; 11-17-2013, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Tooooooooooo fresh.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
      1983 Peugeot 505 STI
      1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
      2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Nothing crazy, just some fly-by's.

My cousin's dog would not sit still for a picture.

Comment

Super clean bay... I need this. Love my M52 w/ cams but lordy.

Comment

that exhaust note is sweet.
            sigpic

Comment

Is it just me or does anyone else get really excited when they hear this machine? Not to mention how good and clean it looks!

Comment

Man that sounds amazing! What exhaust set up do you have? mufflers, cats? I'm just diving into an m60 swap and would love to replicate that sound!

Comment

I like those seats

Comment

Thanks y'all.

Originally posted by Chris916 View Post
                    Man that sounds amazing! What exhaust set up do you have? mufflers, cats? I'm just diving into an m60 swap and would love to replicate that sound!
                    No cats, x-piped, two small resonators mid-pipe, and a Magnaflow muffler. Check out my build thread for pictures, I had gotten it from a r3v member who was parting out his M60 swap.

My motor is the 3.0L variant of the M60, with higher compression at 10.5:1. The sound is definitely unique compared to the M60B40.
                    Last edited by MJCRO; 11-18-2013, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MJCRO View Post

My motor is the 3.0L variant of the M60, with higher compression at 10.5:1. The sound is definitely unique compared to the M60B40.
                      no shit? how come you chose that one?

Comment

Originally posted by superboosted View Post
                        no shit? how come you chose that one?
                        It was dirt cheap, low mileage, and the cool factor of having a high reving, 3.0L V8 in an E30 allured me. Everyone whose heard it in person falls in love with the sound, some comparing it to an Italian V8.

Plus, she's fast like a bat outta hell. Power is not far from what an S52 feels like.

Comment

Originally posted by MJCRO View Post
                          It was dirt cheap, low mileage, and the cool factor of having a high reving, 3.0L V8 in an E30 allured me. Everyone whose heard it in person falls in love with the sound, some comparing it to an Italian V8.

Plus, she's fast like a bat outta hell. Power is not far from what an S52 feels like.
                          That's awesome..I plan on doing a v8 swap this winter, how much would you say you have into the swap? And how high does she rev;)

Comment

Sounds good mate!

oh, lol at the notched front rad support. I did the exact same to get that big ass motor in there. I need to clean mine up a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by superboosted View Post
                              That's awesome..I plan on doing a v8 swap this winter, how much would you say you have into the swap? And how high does she rev;)
                              Not gonna say exactly how I spent since I don't want to deter others from attempting this swap, but roughly 3-$4k is a good start. That'll be parts alone if you go the Garagistic method like I did. But you can certainly do it for cheaper if you have the tools and fabrication skills to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Vtec?lol View Post
                                Sounds good mate!

oh, lol at the notched front rad support. I did the exact same to get that big ass motor in there. I need to clean mine up a bit.
                                Thanks brotha!

Yeah haha, cutting it saved so much time. I'm leaving that shit notched in case I gotta pull the out motor out again someday.

Comment

Working...
                                X