Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of you guys are rocking BBS RC 090's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by unloadedak View Post
    Still not true. Even with 5mm spacers. No poke. Please don't spread information you don't know the facts on. If you don't have an e36 5 lug setup and rc090s you don't know what you're talking about.

Thanks.
    I did have a E36 setup and I DO have RC090s.

My point is you can't just put all that on and bolt up the rims...like someone else said...you have to make it fit.

I know what I'm talking about...some just think they do.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Poorboyz; 12-07-2013, 10:23 AM.
    sigpic
    Rebuilding since 07/06/2016

Poorboyz Parts For Sale - Updated 01/20/17 - Will be updated soon - Have many parts to post

Poorboyz Feedback Thread

Comment

Here are some old pics I dug up. As any fitment issues with this car are long gone now.

Most of these are on 5mm spacers and a proper working of my eastwood roller. Far from a stance car. I could've put 235s all around no problem. These were my street wheels, my track setup was 245/40 R888s.

When I was searching to see if these would fit I saw posts all over saying NO WAY MAN! but I did it anyways. It works. Please don't spread misinformation.

2003.5 Imolarot M3: daily
      1995 Alpinweiß M3: hpde

Comment

Here are some old pics I dug up. As any fitment issues with this car are long gone now.

Most of these are on 5mm spacers and a proper working of my eastwood roller. Far from a stance car. I could've put 235s all around no problem. These were my street wheels, my track setup was 245/40 R888s.

When I was searching to see if these would fit I saw posts all over saying NO WAY MAN! but I did it anyways. It works. Please don't spread misinformation.
        Lol, look how much negative camber you're running in the front, and how pulled out your front fenders are. You're missing the point. Yes, you got them to work with your particular setup. Not everyone wants to run 4 degrees of negative camber and pull their fenders out like that. It may be proper to you.. it's a track car. But it's not proper for a car driving 80 miles a day with softer suspension and someone not wanting their fenders to look like that.

You do acknowledge that e36 suspension pokes out at least a measurable amount further then stock e30 suspension, correct? OK, now, if I am hitting my tires on my fenders with stock 4 lug with 17x8 et20 with 215/40/17's, then it can only be a fact that I will hit them even more by spacing the same size wheel/tire out more with the e36 suspension, correct?

That is the point.
        85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
        e30 restoration and V8 swap
        24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by JGood View Post
            Lol, look how much negative camber you're running in the front, and how pulled out your front fenders are. You're missing the point. Yes, you got them to work with your particular setup. Not everyone wants to run 4 degrees of negative camber and pull their fenders out like that. It may be proper to you.. it's a track car. But it's not proper for a car driving 80 miles a day with softer suspension and someone not wanting their fenders to look like that.

You do acknowledge that e36 suspension pokes out at least a measurable amount further then stock e30 suspension, correct? OK, now, if I am hitting my tires on my fenders with stock 4 lug with 17x8 et20 with 215/40/17's, then it can only be a fact that I will hit them even more by spacing the same size wheel/tire out more with the e36 suspension, correct?

That is the point.
            I understand that. Now you typed a valid explanation. Before you just vaguely said that you need e30M stuff. That's not true. What if someone who was building a car on coilovers and running a stiff setup came and read that. They would second guess their build. Nothing against you, I'm just saying don't post something just to post it.

FWIW, I did drive the car like that around 70 miles a day, it was 3.2 degrees up front and 2.1 in the rear and my fenders look like that because they were 90% bondo lol.

For anyone curious to how much poke there is, here is a pic from my build thread. Cut off flares in the rear. 318Ti 5 lug. 8"et20 215/40-17

Comment

Furthermore, according to my calculations, if the e36 318ti stuff does indeed stick out 23mm more then e30 rears, then the same 235/40/17 that I have on my 4 lug (with 17x9 et25 with 8mm spacers) would stick out 7mm further when used on a 17x8 et20 with the 318ti stuff. Currently, my car rubs the outer wheel well (not the actual 1/4 panel, but the wheel well itself, which can't be rolled or pulled) under full throttle. I tried 10mm spacers, the tire basically rubbed over every imperfection in the road. Using 318ti in the rear would basically make it the equivalent of using 15mm spacers on my current setup. The tire would probably be against the wheel well when the car was sitting still. AKA, doesn't work.

Comment

I understand that. Now you typed a valid explanation. Before you just vaguely said that you need e30M stuff.
                No I didn't. I think you're confusing me with someone else.

That's not true. What if someone who was building a car on coilovers and running a stiff setup came and read that. They would second guess their build. Nothing against you, I'm just saying don't post something just to post it.
                What you posted was just as bad. Go look at the 5 lug forum. It's full of people pissed off that they did 5 lug swaps because they read that they'd have great wheel selection by going 5 lug. Now they're realizing they are stuck with high offset wheels because they don't want to run crazy camber and make their fenders look like yours (no offense, but it looks horrible, thy look like someone grabbed them and just pulled as hard as they could). That's the ONLY reason you're able to run those wheels/tires.

The truth is, e36 m3/318ti 5 lug adds at least 15-20mm of poke to your wheels. That's all there is to it. People can take it for what it is and decide for themselves what they can get to work that fits their needs. But it is a fact that a 17x8 et20 with 215/40/17's will not clear the fenders on a lowered car unless they run significant front camber, limit suspension travel, and/or pull the fenders. So he wasn't wrong.

Comment

I have e36 5 lug. My rc090s fit before any rolling of fenders. That's my story.

Have a good weekend.

Comment

I have e36 5 lug. My rc090s fit before any rolling of fenders. That's my story.

Have a good weekend.

Lol, with over 3 degrees of camber!

OK everyone, you can all go bolt 17x8 et20 wheels on your e36 5 lug e30's. Even though there is a whole thread with people posting their fitment issues with that exact setup, those people are wrong. They must be doing something wrong. Every e30 should have 3+ degrees of camber and stiff springs. Anything else is incorrect.

Comment

Originally posted by JGood View Post
                      The truth is, e36 m3/318ti 5 lug adds at least 15-20mm of poke to your wheels. That's all there is to it. People can take it for what it is and decide for themselves what they can get to work that fits their needs. But it is a fact that a 17x8 et20 with 215/40/17's will not clear the fenders on a lowered car unless they run significant front camber, limit suspension travel, and/or pull the fenders. So he wasn't wrong.

^^This
                      sigpic

Poorboyz Parts For Sale - Updated 01/20/17 - Will be updated soon - Have many parts to post

Poorboyz Feedback Thread

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ///sLothiC View Post

Like the wheel color and polished lips...think it looks retarted with tire stretched and the stance. Good luck with that.
                          sigpic

Poorboyz Feedback Thread

Comment

Comment

Alright guys, I really appreciate all the info, lets get back to some pics? Also, nobody answered if you could use flat caps on these style 5's. I haven't seen anyone run them, and think they would look good. Also, I am running a 4 lug setup, I have an early model(as can be seen in my images) and want to run adaptec adapters, probably 18 to 20mm. Probably run 225 or 235/40 in the back and 215/40 up front. I know I will have to do some fender rolling, thats fine. Do you think I will have to do any pulling on it? Here are some pics of the wheels propped up on my snowboarding boots, don't hate ha.
                              Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

86' silver arctic metallic es

Comment

Originally posted by e304m3 View Post
                                Alright guys, I really appreciate all the info, lets get back to some pics? Also, nobody answered if you could use flat caps on these style 5's. I haven't seen anyone run them, and think they would look good. Also, I am running a 4 lug setup, I have an early model(as can be seen in my images) and want to run adaptec adapters, probably 18 to 20mm. Probably run 225 or 235/40 in the back and 215/40 up front. I know I will have to do some fender rolling, thats fine. Do you think I will have to do any pulling on it? Here are some pics of the wheels propped up on my snowboarding boots, don't hate ha.
                                http://imgur.com/a/ISygA
                                My rears are essentially 8" et-3 in 4 lug terms. Basically what you would be at with those adapters. I'd recommend a 215/40 all around to make it easier. You will have to pull them pretty good if your suspension isn't super stiff.

Comment

Working...
                                X