NP garage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was horibly long holiday season, so we worked everytime we could :D

BMW e46 is being prepaired from electrical work, while Z3 has been improved a bit. We removed all rust protection, decided to convert to e36 rear suspension as can be modified to adjust bumpsteer, camber, toe,atisquat. Started making all mounting points and so on. Lots of dirty work, but it's moving forward fast! At the moment it's leaveing NP garage to get roll cage welded.

aaand here are the pics: :D

oil coller in place

z3 front:

z3 end:

Even we did some research on z3 vs others wheel base and width, but it still was strange to see that it's much wider then e36. This is e36 subframe + e34 10j wheels in z3 body and still lots of room to go wider.

e36 subframe mounting points in z3

It's a bit primitive placement, but as we are going to have loads of room for adjustability we hope it will be fine... :) You can make e36 rear suspension a lot faster then e30 or e36/7 or /5 that's why we are putting so much effort to this.

Few bits left but the result we have at the moment:

Comment

Great build!

Comment

thanks :) . However are in a rush with this car as the season is coming and we have loads of stuff to do. To fire up this engine will be a challange too that will take lots of time. We still have to manufacture loads of parts shifters, handbrakes, adjustable control arms, bumpsteer adapters, gearbox adapters, engine mounts, high angle front control arms and so on. This will be a huge challange to make everything in time for first event.

Comment

I LOVE that Z3
          My Garage
          2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
          1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
          1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
          Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

awsome!

Comment

E36 rear subframe is awesome
              We're out there in here.

Comment

Update!

Finaly found the time to relax and comunicate. Huge progress on our cars and our garage. Finaly our CNC mill has arrived and started working on all those custom parts that are needed.

our black e46 turbo is having some electrical work done, and z3 is close to full roll cage setup.

Here are some pics:

Our old e30 s60b50 is being completely rebuild and will be sold after this season. Also if our main cars will hold fine it will never reach track. It will be hold only as replacement car and hopefully will have new owner.

Z3 rollcage! This car is really hated by the guy who does roll cage :D eventhough it has no roof and it's easier to weld most of the parts, the car is really small and i am pushing for as much space as i can get inside so he has lots of measurements to do.

I am really exited to prezent this! This is our new CNC machined shortshifter that will go to all of our cars. We have made one with the same design for e46 , tested it and it felt great, so i decided to make loads of these and sell. If you are willing to order it you can email sales@npparts.com or visit www.npparts.com site (still working on site...)
                It gives very precise shifting as it has 0 tolerance "fluro" spherical bearing(expensive shit..) as main turining point.

Also we have new e46 sponsor for next season - ENEOS.
                Here are some quality engine oil for next season:

All the news for today! Cars are getting back soon and the intense work will start :)
                Last edited by NP parts; 02-17-2014, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Awesome work gents!!!
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
                  IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

Updaates!

Half way through welding works!

e30 rear setup. Twin callipers is great for drifting as you can slowdown while braking and still maintain angle by staying on hanbrake..

Also one thing we changed is rear trailing arm adjustments. We used to make those popular ones with e39 bolts to adjust, but they give just 1.5 degress of adjustment. Aaand thats really not enough if you want your rear wheels at 0 degress for best traction. So this is what we made! Some big ass adjustments! :D we even had to make some room for them, but they did the job great!

Comment

So much work sooo tired! Z3 is almost ready for painting, e30 is almost finished rebuilding, shit load of shifters manufactured. I'll post some pics when i get some rest :) Still our mood is great.. Very competetive season is coming and that's what we love

Comment

Awesome!
                        Originally posted by Ty13r
                        if you scream while doing it you'll gain extra power. worth a try.

Comment

Great work guys. Nice to see fellow Lithuanian's here on board. I am finishing my E30 S50 swap next week and will be hitting track end of march also.

Graziai dirbat. Taip ir toliau!
                          1990 e30 325is S50 swap (NASA GTS2 race car)
                          1990 e30 325is
                          1988 e30 M3 S50 euro swap

Comment

you guys do some amazing work!

E30 M30 B35 Swap Mounts!
                            http://store.garagistic.com/ocart/e3...=5475809a87e04

Comment

Awesome. Awesome. Awesome. I want to build a z3 now, thanks a lot guys

Comment

OK updates! :)

Finaly found some time to update all the news.

We are very satisfied with engine placement in z3, as we have loads of room in front. As you can see 1 cylinder is inline with shock mounting. I haven't seen 6 cyl engine so deep :)

Also had to modify gearbox tunel, becouse engine moved back a lot, so we needed more space. Also now we have realy easy accsess to gearbox bolts :).
                                Seat mounts welded in, steering system in place, had to raise rear shock mounts by 15cm to get loads of room for shock travel.

Z3 painted green and e30 s60 painted and missing only coilovers to be able to slide. :)

z3 antisquad adjustment with e36 suspension. Hope this will work, didn't put a lot of time to think of all downsides and possible brakedowns, just left for the fate to deside if it's good :D.

Awesome shifter. Installed to 3 customer cars already, tested it and it's really awesome. Gears are really short and it's easy to shift.
                                In this car i didn't have to make high mounting point as gearbox tunel is already high. Now shifter knob is really close to the steering wheel. Some guys make mount that is 25cm (10 inches? )

Also finished manufacturing 65+ degree kit. And 2 other friends asked me to manufacture it, so this took some time.. Overall we are really happy with the result as we have really light control arms, adjustable camber and caster from top mounts, adjustable camber from control arm, primitive adjustable bump steer and roll center, adjustable ackerman. This required time and money.. only bearings costs insanely..

Also had to make these silly looking changes for air flow sensors.. Turns out they need to work more like stock ones as this s62b50 engine is really sensitive to that. Last season we were only running 300+ hp..

These photos are from last week so we have few updates, but lets leave it for later updates :)

Comment

Working...
                                X