No announcement yet.

Evolution of my 318iS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No roof rack, no huge drop, no stretched rubber, no stickers.

Well done.

Comment

Forums need to have a place where you can just go through the pictures. Anyways nice car

Comment

She looks great.

I'd like to see her in person at a meet down there.

Comment

Originally posted by TrentW View Post

Well done.
          Truth. An no swap for boring 6cyl :)
          -Nick

M42 on VEMS

Comment

Originally posted by 5ickride View Post
            Were the first set of bbs RS001?
            Hey there. The set of wheels on the car were ESM's. I can't remember the model number.

Originally posted by GThomas View Post
            Very Nice! Maybe a meatier tire on those 003's if the roads are bad. 225/45? Whats on there now?
            I think that's what the next move is, that or just keep the tires that are on the car now since they only had a few miles on them and were barely broken in. I'm the worst at selling car parts and don't want to be going back and forth with people on craigslist.

Originally posted by TrentW View Post

Well done.
            Thanks! Not going to lie, going back I think I would've been a little braver and went with the GC coilovers. Only because the front has a bit more room to go lower. I didn't like the idea of hacking a part off and welding another to make it work.

Originally posted by our guile View Post
            She looks great.

I'd like to see her in person at a meet down there.
            I'll be at the next large BMW meet down here. I've met with Carlos @ Condor and Guillermo who organized the "Keep It Vintage" meet last year and both are planning on doing a meet sometime soon. Sadly, the car may be there with a "for sale" sign.. More on that below

Originally posted by wazzu70 View Post
            Truth. An no swap for boring 6cyl :)
            I’m pretty much at the point where the only things I can think of doing to the car is stripping it, repainting it, replacing all moldings and trim, and either completely rebuilding the M42 motor with one from Metric Mechanics or hunting for an S14 to drop in it. All of this is pretty pricey and will take a ton of time, so I’m not sure if I should go through with it or put the car for sale and hunting for an E30 M3 or a more modern car like a very mint E36 M3, low mile E46 M3, or just mod the hell out of an FR-S.

I'm not sure just yet...

Thank you for the comments everyone. I just took the car out for a quick ride to a friend's house, which can be seen in the link and images here

Documentation of my 1991 BMW 318iS

Comment

Working...
            X