No announcement yet.

2nd e30, 87 Lachssilber Revival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sooo I bought my neighbors car she was going to send to the junkyard. Hopefully I can save it as its not in bad shape to begin with, just a blown headgasket.

Stinky iphone pics

And all paper work since new

Now I need to figure out how to split my money between the two cars

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Problem developing in the lachs car.... water leaks!!! Originally there was a slight leak to the drivers front floor, wasn't too bad. Now after a rain storm the other day I had a pretty soaked passenger rear floor. Checked the trunk too, water in the left cubby. My battery tray already rusted a hole before I got it. I was driving in the rain so not sure if that helped the water in. Looks like I have a project this weekend.

Comment

I got a new camera yesterday. Basically I have no clue what I'm doing. Played with some settings and have a trial of lightroom to mess with, just turning up clarity and saturation. I need tips lol.

Comment

Just finished up my last break from college for undergrad. While home I was able to plastidip my door trim. I did a quick job so its not perfect but I wanted to see what it would look like all black. And after that I got a z3 1.9 lever installed. The difference is amazing. I never would have thought it would change the feel that much.

Instagram

Super bright iphone pic

Lever comparison

Comment

Ok a bit of an embarrassing noob question here... Ive seen a lot of talk about removing spring pads to get a little lower, would 15 and 16 be what people refer to? I was unsure if the spring would still be able to stay mounted. Can anyone help clarify?

Comment

Just out having some fun.

Comment

looks good but a lot of rust. What springs did you go with?

Comment

Originally posted by Crazyhorse13 View Post
                  Look like h&r race springs to me

1992 M tech 2 Convertible - S50 Swap
                  1992 e34 Touring- S50 Swap
                  1992 325i-S50 Swap (SOLD)

1995 e36 M3 Mugello Red - S50 (SOLD)
                  1991 325i Convertible Laguna Green (SOLD)
                  1987 325i (SOLD);1992 M tech 2 Convertible (SOLD)
                  1988 325i Convertible Alpine White (SOLD)
                  Brilliantrot Convertible 80k Miles (SOLD)
                  1992 325i Convertible Schwarz (SOLD)
                  1992 318i Convertible Project-Finished (SOLD)

Comment

Originally posted by KIRIEIW View Post
                    Look like h&r race springs to me
                    Yup, you got it. Theyre H&R race.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazyhorse13 View Post
                      Rust isn't terrible. Its really just three spots, right rear fender, battery tray, and surface rust on the bottom of drivers door.

Comment

Just a few more days til I graduate from college with a BS in biology. Spending my time taking pictures and not studying for finals lol. Now I just need to find a job so I can continue buying car parts.

Comment

I haven't been doing too much with my car besides taking pictures lol, they have their own thread. I did switch over all the premium speakers from my black car to the silver one. The tweeters don't work but that could be a headunit wiring problem by me.

Also did compression test on the black. Off the top of my head I think it was like 140-145 on all but one that had like 120. Still no clue on what Im doing with this car. I need a job now that ive graduated so I can make some money and fix up both.

My need to buy list for the silver car is a sway bar kit. I really just need the mounts as the passenger side is snapped. Only one side of the bracket is bolted to the car. Gotta decide what kit to get, I don't want to get one needing welding for reinforcements because I don't know how lol.

Comment

Woooo update time! Not much has been going on but I finally got a new front sway bar and links. Its an IE 22mm bar with their bushings and adjustable links. I probably should have got fixed links because I don't know much about adjusting them but what the hell, Ill figure it out.

I have some bumper trim pieces from the junkyard to paint and put on, hopefully I can get that done before Bimmerfest East this Saturday. Also got some ellipsoids but Im still debating if Ill put them on or sell.

Sway swap pic

And a picture of the car...

DSC_0788-1 by nreichart12, on Flickr

Comment

Did the sway make much difference?
                              sigpic

(clicky on piccy to get to thread)

Comment

Originally posted by econti View Post
                                Did the sway make much difference?
                                Im not too sure yet. Ive only been able to drive back and forth to work on a fairly straight road. Ill know after I hit some more windy roads. My main reason for buying the set was for new end links since my old ones were beat and I didn't want to buy stock replacements so I went for upgrades.

Comment

Working...
                                X