X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JinormusJ View Post
    you have good taste

I approve of this build
    Thanks, progress moves slow but hope I wont disappoint in the future.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

No worries
      Progress is progress

I get picked on at the local meets because it's been almost 3 years and my e30 is still on stock springs

Little do people know that I've been saving small fortunes and patiently gathering parts for something big that will finally happen in 3-4 months

Still though
      Sweet car. Definitely sub'd cause Lachssilber

Comment

Wheels look good, the drop made a HUGE difference!

sub'd

Comment

Originally posted by JinormusJ View Post
          I get picked on at the local meets because it's been almost 3 years and my e30 is still on stock springs

Wow 3 years? You have some patience but saving up for awhile should make for some nice updates. Ill try to check out your thread when I get some time tomorrow.

Comment

Well the little e engine must know its getting replaced soon and wants some attention before that happens. It has a surging idle from about 1k-2k consistently whenever in neutral whether that's shifter in neutral or clutch in. It absolutely blows when trying to shift in traffic as it feels like the clutch scrapes and I must sound like an idiot with it revving at stops. And theres lots of lurching getting off the throttle like it almost sticks on for a second or two.

My best guess would be the ICV because theres no change in symptoms when I unplug it.

Comment

Got a supposedly good used ICV today to try to fix the problem. No help. So Im think it maybe something else, might try to look at the ICM tomorrow or the oxygen sensor wires.

The problem only occurs when warmed up, fluctuates idle 1k-2k in neutral and feels like the car speeds itself up at certain lower rpms in higher gears.

The struggles....

Comment

Things are a little better. Changed out the coolant temperature sensor and checked out the ICM, looked ehh but plugged it back in anyways. The idle is better but still fluctuates a little, now only 800-1300. Drivability is much better so I am happy again. Now I think the leftover problems are probably due to a small vacuum leak.

Heres some non exciting pictures on the before and after of the sensor. Wanted to get a side by side but more coolant leaked out than I thought would.

And a picture of the cars together...

Comment

Christmas goodies from the family included a Condor weighted shift knob and a Renown steering wheel. Only had a chance to quickly put the knob on. If I ever want to remove it, its gonna be a pain because I really smacked that thing on there lol.

Also bottom end work should be done and ready for pick up in a week or so!!

From this...
                  Old Knob by nreichart12, on Flickr

To this...
                  New Knob by nreichart12, on Flickr

Super focused picture is super focused. :roll:

Comment

My interior remodeling has continued... I received a RenownUSA Monaco Motorsports wheel for Christmas and finally got a chance to put it on with a Momo hub. The wheel feels great both in sturdiness and grip. The stitching is smooth and I like how it gives a little more grip to my fingers. Colors are nice on the stitching as well, matches well with the Condor knob. My only real complaint is the size. I knew going in it was going to be small but it covers the speedo and tach for most of the useful range. Speedo covered between 25-120 and the tach is covered over 1000. (Im 6'2" and the tach is still the e) At the angle I sit I can peak over the wheel and see the needle ok on the speedo or tach, ducking down to see under the wheel is a bigger move. Its not a huge inconvenience because I can feel the speed more than I need to look at it but something to be mindful of.

All in all, I would recommend this wheel to other people. Great styling and quality just maybe a little small for a beginning driver with everyday street use (Not Me!:hitler:)

Renown 2 by nreichart12, on Flickr

Comment

So new year, new plans. Well I guess I have to finish the plans started last year first. My updated thoughts on this year are;
                      • Most importantly, complete the engine build and swap
                      • New front lip or ideally still on that euro bumper game but finances will decide this
                      • A brake job will be needed after engine swap
                      • I have a few interior pieces still to install and also depending on finances, upgraded speakers
                      • And a big one, rust repair. I skipped out on the minor spots last year but this year is a must.

Looks like a lot of higher priced things for the year but should make for some good updates.
                      Daily driving is encouraging the rust...

At the gym by nreichart12, on Flickr

Comment

The bottom end is done, Im just trying to find time to make it to Philly to pick up. Hopefully I can do that next week sometime. For now since Im getting excited I wanted to do a dump of a handful of pictures from the past several months....

Above York 2 by nreichart12, on Flickr

Ocean Lot by nreichart12, on Flickr

Fanny Rd 2 by nreichart12, on Flickr

Fanny Rd 3 by nreichart12, on Flickr

Jericho by nreichart12, on Flickr

Park 3 by nreichart12, on Flickr

Out front 1.1 by nreichart12, on Flickr

Cloudy by nreichart12, on Flickr

Lachs and Black 2 by nreichart12, on Flickr

Frozen2 by nreichart12, on Flickr

Comment

Picked everything up for the bottom end today... now for the head

Heres some shiny pistons

Comment

Bav Auto Headers arrived yesterday.

And the I decided to go through Bimmerheads to get my head rebuilt. Final specs are...
                            • Port and Polish
                            • 284 camshaft
                            • Stock Valves
                            • OEM Dual Springs
                            • Nuke Adjustable Cam Gear

That just about does it for buying major parts besides an ECU. Then just gaskets and maintenance items and it should be going in.

Comment

This is a sweet build. I love both the cars you have here.
                              sigpic

'88 325is-daily
                              '89 325is-project
                              '84 633csi-its there
                              '00 528i-daily (wrecked)
                              '01 525i- sold

Comment

Originally posted by IzzY_325is View Post
                                This is a sweet build. I love both the cars you have here.
                                Thanks, the black car only moves around the block about once a month and nothing more happens. I should really figure out whats going on with it before all the engine seals and stuff take a crap lol

Comment

Working...
                                X