2nd e30, 87 Lachssilber Revival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
    Oooooh I can't wait for you to mount that spoiler up! It's going to look so good. I regret doing my Z3 2.7 turn rack in Linda. It's too tight L2L. I've had two cars now with the 2.7 turn Z3 rack, and one with the E46 ZHP rack. The ZHP rack was PERFECT. If I ever did it again, that's the route I'd go. The Z3 rack will transform your car, nonetheless!
    I'm really dragging my feet refurbing the wing so who knows how long until it gets puts on. I don't mind the 2.7 rack, even without power steering it feels effortless when driving. Backing into my parking spot is another discussion haha.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Minor update of changing my alternator. Was driving around town and the car just died. Had to walk home and get my truck. Drove back to the e30, took the battery home, and charged it overnight. In the morning I drove the truck back to the e30, put the battery in, limped it home, walked back to the truck and then drove that home. Wow, luckily it was only a mile or so away.

Changing the alternator, I bought a Bosch unit. Swapping the pulley and fan over, it would rub against the alternator housing. Thanks to Digger, I found out there are different fan part numbers and I probably should have bought the other one. Added a spacer washer between the fan and the housing and no more rubbing issue. On my next parts order, I'll go ahead and grab the potentially correct fan. PS I need to top off my coolant.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Working...
      X