Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Its_that_e30 View Post
    I would like to get 1 of those shift knob if you can get more

Alacrity Machine. 533 likes. We are a small machine shop dedicated to helping our customers complete their projects by building custom parts or repairing used parts.

you can order one in any size, shape, and color you want. shoot them a message. if you don't have facebook:

1989 Coupe build thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=312012
    IG: @mitchlikesbikes

Comment

test fitted the cobra today. i was planning on going with massive's side and floor mounts, but it turns out that the cobra rails will work with spacers on one side. easy $150 saved there. i had to enlarge the floor mount holes on the rails that were included with the seat, but it looks like i should be able to mount it in the perfect position with these rails. with the spacer setup i want to run the seat is almost dead on centered to the wheel, which from what i understand is one of the biggest issues when running a side mount setup in an e30.

1989 Coupe build thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=312012

Comment

Looks perfect man. Great score.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
        Turbo M50 4 Door Build thread here 4 Sale thread

Comment

Originally posted by eduTechnic View Post
          Looks perfect man. Great score.
          thank you!

got some late night work done on the car. i picked up my seat spacers from alacrity today and snagged some long hardware for the spaced out side as well. everything fits perfectly at this point. i got the seat distance and angle pretty much dialed in. it's a real pain in the ass to get in and out of the car with my setup but i'm used to driving my jeep too so i think i'll just have to adjust to it. i'm also lowering my column by 1/2" at the mounting point, which translates to the wheel itself being lowered about an inch. this helps with the wheel angle and keeps the wheel at a reasonable height for vision, but makes it harder to squeeze in and out with the big bolsters on the seat. not sure why the e30 never came with a tilt wheel in the first place. oh well.

anyway, on to some pictures

this is the column in the position i want it. as you can see there is no spacer. since i wasnt sure what drop i wanted i didn't make one yet.

left side seat mounts with spacers

seat brackets are using all 4 factory mount points. makes it pretty easy for me. i need to trim the brackets and then refinish them before things will really be "finished" here

Comment

decided to give my flocking kit a try today. i just did the glovebox to get a little practice before i take on the dash. turned out okay, but it's just a messy process overall.

dash is next :shock:

pulled my shifter today as well for a rebuild. major pain in the ass and EXTREMELY messy. i dunno if the underside of this car has ever been cleaned in 25 years:(

Comment

shit, it's been almost a week since my last update. the iffy weather has been killing my motivation but today was 60+ so i got to get some work done. first things first, my rollbar is finally here :mrgreen:

my old man is a welder/pipe fitter by trade so he is going to come spend a weekend with me and burn it in, along with my floor patches.

i also bought a $10 air chisel from harbor freight to get the rest of the sound deadening out of the trunk. literally the best $10 i've spent on this build. i was done in probably 15 minutes or less vs the hour+ it would have taken with dry ice and a putty knife.

today i did some sandblasting/scuffing of the seams and interior to prep for coating. i blasted what i could without making an enormous mess, then scuffed the rest with scotchbrite pads.

after that it was time for some of the good stuff:

por15 is drying right now. hopefully sometime after work this week i will be able to scuff more of the interior so i'm ready for paint once the rollbar and patches are welded in.

Comment

What roll bar did you go with?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Danny915 View Post
                  What roll bar did you go with?

its the 4 point one from rollcagecomponents.com

it's going to need quite a bit of fab work to fit, but i don't have to do any bending which is good.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchlikesbikes View Post
                    its the 4 point one from rollcagecomponents.com

it's going to need quite a bit of fab work to fit, but i don't have to do any bending which is good.
                    I it's a universal fit, I'm curious as to how this comes out, might go same route for my car for now

Comment

I it's a universal fit, I'm curious as to how this comes out, might go same route for my car for now

definitely not universal. they made the main hoop into the perfect shape to fit into my car without the sunroof cassette. the rear down bars are somewhat "universal" but they come pre notched. i'll just need to make the angled cut where they meet the floor in the trunk and also cut the floor plates to size.

realistically in my case i really only should have bought a main hoop all bent up and ready to go. the floor plates and down bars they include will need the most work to fit, and since they don't require bending i could have taken care of it myself

Comment

definitely not universal. they made the main hoop into the perfect shape to fit into my car without the sunroof cassette. the rear down bars are somewhat "universal" but they come pre notched. i'll just need to make the angled cut where they meet the floor in the trunk and also cut the floor plates to size.

realistically in my case i really only should have bought a main hoop all bent up and ready to go. the floor plates and down bars they include will need the most work to fit, and since they don't require bending i could have taken care of it myself
                        What was your end price if you don't mind doing me asking

Comment

What was your end price if you don't mind doing me asking

the rollbar itself was like 220ish. thats the best 4 point you can get from them. 1.75 dia .120 wall DOM tubing (beefy shit).

however, RCC is in virginia and shipping here was like 120 bucks. so it was around 350 to my front door. which really isn't bad overall when you consider the price of thin, weak sauce "bolt in" bars.

Comment

the rollbar itself was like 220ish. thats the best 4 point you can get from them. 1.75 dia .120 wall DOM tubing (beefy shit).

however, RCC is in virginia and shipping here was like 120 bucks. so it was around 350 to my front door. which really isn't bad overall when you consider the price of thin, weak sauce "bolt in" bars.
                            No bad at all, I'm def gonna check this out for the drift car... Budget building at its finest lol, full drift spec cages are so much money

Comment

No bad at all, I'm def gonna check this out for the drift car... Budget building at its finest lol, full drift spec cages are so much money

yeah for sure. RCC makes full spec legal cages for the e30 for like 650. but a full cage is more expensive, harder to install, heavier, and dangerous for a daily. so with all that added on i realized that a basic roll bar is fine for me. i can always add door bars too if i feel like i want a little extra support.

Comment

Sub'd. Looks kool! Eager to see how the roll bar install goes. :popcorn:

I'd kinda like one for mine but am somewhat unsure of how "Joe racecar" I want to go with it... I've used my back seat twice in almost a year so it wouldn't matter terribly...
                                -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                                08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                                318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                                '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                                Originally posted by roguetoaster
                                Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Working...
                                X