"Different" car shots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by motorprestige
    TJ, have you ever considered incorporating something other than a vehicle in your car shots? Or maybe try incorporating an action of some sort, like someone walking by, or a pic with the hood open and someone tooling around inside? in my head i see that shot from the front, so all you can see is the front of the popped hood, and perhaps the silouette (however you spell it) of the person behind it. Maybe try some shots of a subject getting in and out of the car, with a door swinging shut/open with a slight hint of motion blur. Also, interactive environments can help, like a very crowded place such as a community function, or shots of your car in dead stop traffic, or at a light, or even motion shots. I think all of these will get you closer to your desired effect. Nice shots anyway, i always enjoy seeing your work.
    I'd love to see a pic of your car in traffic TJ - either people, cars or both - with everything moving around it except your car. Always liked those kind of photos - the object is "frozen" in time but the world is still moving...just a thought. I know nothing of photog. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerfanatik
      I'd love to see a pic of your car in traffic TJ - either people, cars or both - with everything moving around it except your car. Always liked those kind of photos - the object is "frozen" in time but the world is still moving...just a thought. I know nothing of photog. :)
      Kind of a cool idea, these cars do look 'unique'(...and quite small) when parked among minivans/pickups/SUVs.
      Trevor Ely
      '95 M Sport 540i - '00 A4 1.8TQMS - '85 190E 2.3-16
      '88 535is - '87 325e - '89 325is - '91 318is - '90 325is - '96 328is

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave
        I wanted to think "outside" the box and try to capture some car shots where the car was more a part of an interesting scene, rather than just the sole subject of the photo.

I personally think I failed. I wasn't very happy with these shots. They are still pretty much standard car shots. Technically they aren't too exciting either, but I still wanted to post them up and see what everyone thought.
        Step One: Drive it into a house
        Step Two: Take Pictures

Comment

Only if I can get Flipmode News to cover the action...

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by bmwm3n528
            Kind of a cool idea, these cars do look 'unique'(...and quite small) when parked among minivans/pickups/SUVs.
            Word. Even beside a new 3 they look tiny.

Keep it slideways!!

Comment

Originally posted by Axxe
              Word. Even beside a new 3 they look tiny.
              Trevor Ely
              '95 M Sport 540i - '00 A4 1.8TQMS - '85 190E 2.3-16
              '88 535is - '87 325e - '89 325is - '91 318is - '90 325is - '96 328is

Comment

Shots look good, but i agree that they're standard pics. Still, they're a fuckload better than my efforts.

If you want the best "different" shots of the car, try thinking about what the car was built to do, think about where its natural habitat is (twisty road? Race track? Pimping ho's outside a strip club? Sodomising baby seals with an angle grinder?).

Like others have said, take your car out and shoot it in a busy street, with people around it. Take dynamic pics of it, on the move (the E30 is a driver's car, so prove its being used as it was intended). Find some twisty roads (is that hard in FL?) and get some shots of her blatting around bends, lotsa attitude on the chassis. Or in front of a cafe for full 318i effect.

Basically, shoot the car from the perspective of you "living the scene". Take pics of what its like to live with this car.
                Pork Hunt Motorsport

eBay is like the summit racing catalog for today's special Olympics crowd

Comment

Working...
                X