New suspension and extras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New suspension and extras

Just finished installing the koni's and IE springs allow with some goodies.
    I got to say I really like the feel of the set up.
    Here's some pics I took.

Koni SA(rear are e30 m3) and Ground control rsm and boge front strut mount(not in pic) that I got for FREE

Front Stock Bilstein HD vs Koni

Stock springs vs IE stage 3...guess which ones which

Before:

After:

Front Wheel Before:

After:

Rear Wheels Before:

After:

Lastly...

yes I know the baskets are dirty haha

zimmerman cross drilled brakes and Akebono’s advanced Pro Act Ceramic Disc Pads and I got both for FREE 8)
    -Frank
    1987 325is m50nv (schwarz)
    1990 325is (sterling silber)(sold)
    2001 525i

Nice job man good work.

'87 325 (Track Rat)
    '04 C5500 Wrecker (Work)
    '94 525i (Daily)
    '90 325i (R.I.P)
    H&R Race, Racing Dynamics Sway Bars, Tree House CAB's, Sparco Strut Bars and more.

Comment

you work at a junk yard? hows the ride on that setup dude?

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
      @Zakspeed_US

Comment

sweet!

jason
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

lowering a car is an awesome modification!!

Nice work!

How do you like the brakes???

Comment

Nice

How much total for parts did u spend to do that, or where did u get the parts to do that. I have always wanted to lower my car and what all do I need to get/do.

JV

Comment

looks good!
              PNW Crew
              90 m3
              06 m5

Comment

are the konis really better than the HD bilsteins?
                on all of my e30s Ive had, or still have, I always run Bilstein HD front, and the koni adj. in the rear.
                how stiff is the setup? seems like the springs are alot shorter for such a small drop. anyway, nice stuff.

Comment

looks like a good swap. congrats
                  HDE30 <3

Comment

Awesome, i love your car man, so simple, smoked signals look good.

P.S. you need some better tires ;)

"Having won more road races than any other model in history, the E30 M3 is considered by many to be the world's most successful road race car." - Simply put, E30s kick ass.

Comment

Originally posted by moatilliatta
                      you work at a junk yard? hows the ride on that setup dude?
                      junk yard? No, I work at a shop, it just have a lot of parts/engines/trannys lying around so i guess sometimes it clould look like a junk yard haha.
                      Right now the setup is good , I haven't adjust them to a more stiffer level yet.
                      But, konis+IE stage 3s+ z3 steering rack= all love

Originally posted by KangamangusDriver
                      How do you like the brakes???
                      Honestly, I've always thought cross drilled rotors were useless for
                      the streets,but the brakes and pads do seem to work every well.since I got them for free can't say I'm going to complain haha

Originally posted by BMW03
                      How much total for parts did u spend to do that, or where did u get the parts to do that. I have always wanted to lower my car and what all do I need to get/do.

JV
                      I got both the konis and IE springs from two different groupbuys on two different forums. The Springs:225+shipping from e30tech(also got the IE exhaust)and Konis: $450+shipping from here. The GC rsm were like 97shipped from bimmerworld.
                      As for instructions, I thinks there's a write-up floating around on how to install blisteins and IE springs. Can't remember. It's pretty easy to do,only compressing the front springs is going to be hard if you don't have the
                      tools to compress them. If you have any questions just pm me.

Originally posted by mikeedler
                      are the konis really better than the HD bilsteins?
                      on all of my e30s Ive had, or still have, I always run Bilstein HD front, and the koni adj. in the rear.
                      how stiff is the setup? seems like the springs are alot shorter for such a small drop. anyway, nice stuff.
                      The ride with the konis is good vs the stock HD's. The konis are still set to
                      soft,because I heard you're supposed to let them break in before you go and adjust to a stiffer setting. To reduce premature failure or something...idk

Originally posted by motorprestige
                      Awesome, i love your car man, so simple, smoked signals look good.

P.S. you need some better tires ;)
                      haha thanks, glad someone notice the smoked turns,

I also have smoked front too ;) and Ryan G. splitter.

yea tires haha I'm going to stick with these losers 'til I get new wheels 8)
                      Last edited by E30_pilot; 04-22-2006, 10:39 PM.
                      -Frank
                      2001 525i

Comment

That looks really good. It will settle some also, and lower down a little bit more after a few weeks.

You have the Konis on full soft, right? You're supposed to have them on full soft for the 1st 500 miles, to properly break them in.

Comment

Originally posted by Eurospeed
                          That looks really good. It will settle some also, and lower down a little bit more after a few weeks.

You have the Konis on full soft, right? You're supposed to have them on full soft for the 1st 500 miles, to properly break them in.
                          Thanks, yea I thought it was after 500 miles for them to break in.
                          I've already put down about 120 miles on them.
                          -Frank
                          2001 525i

Comment

Awesome. I have the exact same setup, love it. I have my shocks set about 50/50, the ride is great.

Comment

Maybe it's time for some new rubber.
                              Trevor Ely
                              '95 M Sport 540i - '00 A4 1.8TQMS - '85 190E 2.3-16
                              '88 535is - '87 325e - '89 325is - '91 318is - '90 325is - '96 328is

Comment

Working...
                              X