Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jeenyus
    replied
    It's been a while!! Finally Tapatalk working again for R3V!!

I've been doing some things with the car lately.

It is finally Turbo Time baby! I have been tinkering on this. New to the turbo world so I've had to learn a lot and still have a lot to learn. This fotos aren't not of the complete install or anything but a work in progress shot.

Im so happy the app let me access R3V again. Been missing forums.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• jeenyus
    replied
    I am pretty sure I figured out the issue. My After Start Taper and After Start Enrichment were too low. I bumped those up a little, (probably will bump it just a little more tbh) and that seems to have made starting a lot more smooth with it starting how you'd expect and idling like you'd expect afterwards. I'm more making note of this for myself.

This whole thread as become more of a documentation series for myself (like a journal) more than a social platform. Tapatalk also doesn't seem to jive with R3V for some reason, so I'm sure the updates will be slim until I get a snail under the hood.

Leave a comment:

• jeenyus
    replied
    Originally posted by nando View Post
    oh, then change it to one that it will accept? .zip?

This felt like an easier avenue, lol.

Leave a comment:

• nando
    replied
    oh, then change it to one that it will accept? .zip?

Leave a comment:

• jeenyus
    replied
    Originally posted by nando View Post
    change the extension to .txt :)
    Hey Nando, I changed it and I am still getting an error

"2021-06-26_20.44.46.txt
    Upload failed. You are not allowed to upload files with the extension txt."

Leave a comment:

• nando
    replied
    change the extension to .txt :)

Leave a comment:

• jeenyus
    replied
    how do i upload data logs if the system doesn't accept attachments that end in .mlg?

Leave a comment:

• jeenyus
    replied
    I haven't been able to post anything through Tapatalk. It always gives me an error that r3v isn't responding or something lame like that. Anyone know another app for browsing forums that isn't Tapatalk?

I have done a handful of things recently, biggest one being wasted spark setup. It is working well despite getting a semi-faulty ignition coil from DIYAutotune. It actually has made a noticeable difference in drivability and basically the way the car acts at higher RPM. It used to feel almost scratchy up top. Now it feels fully awake up top and it's a blast to drive it.

tuning my start-up sequence has been a pain in the ass though. I wanted to posted up the log to see if anyone could help me understand why it starts great and then drops to like 750RPM, almost ambient kPa too. After i give it a few revs and drive the car it settles correctly and does what you'd expect it to do, right around 1000RPM.

I will see if i can find a way to get the log put up for someone to help me, hopefully.

That being said, I have just been enjoying the car. I picked up some metal to do some more rust repair at the battery box. That will be fun.

I have also been working on my little Honda motorcycle as well and that's been gratifying.

Anyway, i have a ton of pictures to post up, but I will do that when i can get tapatalk to work.

Leave a comment:

• jeenyus
    replied
    Just a random picture during home remodeling. Found a way to make space for at least one car.

Leave a comment:

• jeenyus
    replied
    Spring has arrived in Utah! Got some new brake rotors and pads installed and took the car out for a drive with a friend. This was almost like a maiden voyage for me. I've been driving the car on short distances to pick up my daughter from school, but nothing on the highway or anything further than like 2 miles away from my house. The car did great! I'm happy with how it feels and sounds. I had to dial back the ol "crackle tune" cause it was just too much for me, but got it to a realm of acceptable. Car is loud af, but it all works. I'm pumped on how this car is coming together, but I'm starting to want to redo and quiet my exhaust just a little bit. Pics provided.

Leave a comment:

• jeenyus
    replied
    Originally posted by Northern View Post
    I run plastic hubcentric rings, but I'm 99% sure they're not hollow like that. Interesting to see
    These things had to be so old. A lot of odd race stuff on this car from the first owner who planned on racing it I guess. These were made by some company named Gorilla.

Leave a comment:

• Northern
    replied
    I run plastic hubcentric rings, but I'm 99% sure they're not hollow like that. Interesting to see

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    wow yea thats a recipe for disaster. I used plastic hub rings on the MR2, but they are razor thin. Metal is definitely needed with that much of a gap.

Coilovers look great!

Leave a comment:

• jeenyus
    replied
    You can see how trashed the old ones were.

Leave a comment:

• jeenyus
    replied
    I was getting some vibration driving at speed. Pretty positive it is my hub rings, so I got some better ones to replace the old plastic ones with. When I replaced my old tires with the Nitto I have on there now is when I started getting vibrations at speed. I took it back to the tire shop who load balanced each tire and said they came back balanced. I never really connected the dots till recently that this was due to the old rings probably having been broken during the tire change. Now I got some nice CNC'd rings from Motorsport-Tech.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X