No announcement yet.

My 1988 e30 325ix - Garage'd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was able to get the exhaust to work, amazingly. Good experience for the next time I build one with a turbo setup (future goals). Took a lot of work to make the vbands fit in such a tight space. That is my fault for not fully thinking this all through. Regardless it worked and I should be able to tune accurately now. I have also been working in my cluster. I put some rings around the gauges, replaced burned out bulbs, polished the cover and replaced the odo gears. I also adapted my afr gauge to be integrated into the cluster itself. I only have one thing left to do with that before I put it together, which is cover the digital gauge in a translucent vinyl so it's less obvious and less bright. I think it's gonna be pretty nice when all together.

Comment

Nice work. I really admire all of the new skills you've learned restoring your e30. The cluster looks great!

Comment

Originally posted by mike.bmw View Post
        Nice work. I really admire all of the new skills you've learned restoring your e30. The cluster looks great!
        Dude thank you so much! I hope I can eventually get some stunning pictures like yours!

Comment

Who makes the AFR gauge that you are installing in your cluster?
          How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Originally posted by rzerob View Post
            Who makes the AFR gauge that you are installing in your cluster?
            It is the hacker gauge from Zeitronix with the ZT-3.

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
              It is the hacker gauge from Zeitronix with the ZT-3.
              This is awesome. Too bad they don't make a boost gauge like it.
              How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Originally posted by rzerob View Post
                This is awesome. Too bad they don't make a boost gauge like it.
                I agree. Boost gauges a lot of the time are so enormous.

Comment

I went to test out the power bleeder the other day and the first thing that happened was the bleeder screw broke off. I thought, this seems easy enough to get out with an extractor, there is already a hole there! So I tried the extractor and we'll... That didn't go so well. It snapped off in the bleeder. Ive been down a road like this before and it required a lot of patience and effort. I didn't feel inclined... So a RockAuto purchase later and I have two rear calipers refurbed and ready to replace the old. Bled the system, which seemed to be pretty needed! The clutch was disgusting and I'm not even sure how it was working with such shit fluid in there. Happy it's done! Next is get my fenders painted.

Comment

Got the cluster finished. It's not as bright as the photo makes it look. It about the same brightness as the cluster lights. I also put in new bulbs.

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
                      I went to test out the power bleeder the other day and the first thing that happened was the bleeder screw broke off. I thought, this seems easy enough to get out with an extractor, there is already a hole there! So I tried the extractor and we'll... That didn't go so well. It snapped off in the bleeder. Ive been down a road like this before and it required a lot of patience and effort. I didn't feel inclined... So a RockAuto purchase later and I have two rear calipers refurbed and ready to replace the old. Bled the system, which seemed to be pretty needed! The clutch was disgusting and I'm not even sure how it was working with such shit fluid in there. Happy it's done! Next is get my fenders painted.
                      Snapping the extractor is the worst!
                      I prefer to weld a few tacks on the remaining bleeder nipple and weld on a nut than using an extractor, I've broken too many hahaha ..
                      1990 325iX Touring - November 2018 R3V Car Of The Month

1980 Volkswagen Golf mk1 1.1
                      1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

I got the front fenders to a presentable state. This car is almost ready for the road!

Comment

Even closer now to driving. I have a few things I'd like to do first. Example, I ordered a new temp switch and realized that it's not the one I was looking for, but it looks so nice I couldn't pass up the chance to get it to work. So I ordered a plug repair kit and it should be the correct plug for the sensor. I'm not sure why upgrading a plug is so satisfying, but it is. I got my seats installed and working properly. I was having trouble finding a ground, but then learned that was because I blew a fuse... New fuse in and it's good to go. I am gonna wrap the body flares, but honestly this whole car is due for a respray or full paint job. Time will tell, but it needs more low first. Anxious to drive it for many reasons.

Comment

Ah and here is the fancy plug.

Comment

This fancy plug is fancy.

Comment

I still got work to do, but OMG I drove it!

Comment

Working...
                                X