Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B5 S4, operation money pit. Forever evolving, never ending.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats an insane pull, but the one with your coworkers reaction was even funnier, assuming that was you. YouTube automatically played it
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

With the safety vests on an "Jeeeeeeeeezuh!"? Lol yea that's me. I've begged him to do another with the new setup but he won't step foot in the car again lol.
      No E30 Club
      Originally posted by MrBurgundy
      Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Got a little data from the new Dragy gps unit.

Can't complain about the results. ET will come down with a proper launch and no lazy shifts.
        Attached Files
        No E30 Club
        Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Definitely not a dig car, but once it gets rolling.....
          Attached Files
          No E30 Club

Comment

Did they seriously misspell "height"?

Comment

Pretty sure this started in the Asian market and it's just now making it over here so I'm not surprised. It's accurate though, saw a few posts where people ran it on the track. ET seems to match up within 1 tenth, and trap speed is up to 1mph higher, but that's due to being actual end speed vs final 60 foot average.
              No E30 Club

Comment

Amazing. They are SUCH FUN CARS when everything is put together and running properly.

Reading this thread and watching your videos really makes me miss mine.

Are you concerned with the boost at 29psi? When I had mine, it was tuned by Vast (also Vast RS6 turbos) and I was running ~29psi (would spike to 29 but was more like 27 under load). Had it returned (by Vast) to 25psi and I liked it more and was way less concerned with everything exploding.

Either way, fantastic car! Keep the videos coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
                Sounds like you need a massage.
                Originally posted by kpeng
                Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

Not too concerned TBH. My biggest fear right now is cracking a block, but my fingers are crossed that the later (BF) block I have in there will be strong enough. I was told by the guy who puts these turbos together that "36 psi is fine" due to the Garret cartridges, so the turbos at least should be good for it.

As it is I'm fuel limited, need to upgrade the lines, rails, and go bigger on the injector and I'm going to crank it up even more. Right now I'm relying pretty heavily on the methanol to keep things safe. IDC is at 95%, and I'm spraying 100% methanol through a d12 nozzle with the newer 200psi recirculating pump.

Anywho, got a set of RPF1s coming once Tire rack gets them in. Should ship any day now. I'm looking forward to shedding 32lbs of weight at the wheels! Stock is 28 lbs, and the tires I had were 21 each. New wheels are 18lbs and the tires going on are 23.

Got a S4 event coming up in June that will involve a track rental if all goes well. I'm thinking that if I do my part, there's no reason why the car itself shouldn't be capable of dipping into the 10 second range. Seems to be a hard thing to do with these cars though even with a trap that would be good for low low 10s in another car.
                  No E30 Club

Comment

So I just got home from the track event. Left Ohio at 8pm last night and pulled up to the house at 7:30. Strange watching the sun go down and come back up while on the road.

Anywho, best ET of 11.25, best trap speed was 132.6mph. Got 19 passes in, after I got it dialed in it consistently pulled of 132mph traps time and time again. Then drove itself back onto the trailer!

Videos and photos to come. It was an awesome weekend. Got rained out on Saturday but the track owner let us hang out, which resulted in some great shenanigans before the timer was setup yesterday.
                    No E30 Club

Comment

What is your username on Audizine (I presume you're on there)?

I've the same user name over there. Always good to see a fellow B5 guy.
                      What absolutely horrible money pits.

Comment

Is this Audizine? lol

My Audi just turned over 200k last weekend. Pretty happy about that.

Comment

Right behind you jeenyus. My B5 A4 is juuust about to tick over 200k. Bout 1500 miles to go.

Comment

Working...
                          X