German 318is M50 & the "new" 318i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

some small Update....

getting my NEW fog light glasses. In Germany you cant buy the single glas, only the complete fog light...so i made a nice deal i think :D

A friend of mine drives a W201 / 190E 2.3-16V with some "extra" Power.
    The Car is back from ATEC, they completly rebuild the Engine and modified some Parts. Original it has 185PS and now he has around 230PS. Maybe i get some Pictures of the Enginebay.

Instagram: Jens30e

Comment

Some News ....i got a "new" Car, its a 1991 318i with 211xxxkm.
      I only have this Picutre sry.

The Condition of it is pretty good. I got it for a really good price and will only change a few things....wheels and BMW logos, small Stuff.

He has leather door Panels and electric windows that move in my 318is

Comment

time for some news !
        (sry for the crappy pics and my english...)

after i picked up my 318i i need to make a photo with both cars in the garage...not bad for the beginning i would say!?

Plans for "Ernst": IS Lip, Mim 1900 Wheels with Wintertires, smoked Indicator lenses and some Sterlingssilver Bumpers.
        I was lucky and get the most pars for not a lot of money, that was good because my red e30 want some new stuff.

Stock Interiour

Current Status

Last Photos of "Emma" before i parked her in the workshop.

Got a lot of Ideas for the Winter, first i sprayed the carpet black with VHT Vinyle Dye SP942 (....not easy to get in Germany). i am pretty happy with the result.

next was parcel shelf (Hutablage!?). A friend of mine ( ;-) ) upholster it with alcantara and i mount some new ETON Speaker. It was her first parcel shelf but she did a really good job!

Next Step was the change of my "purple" rear window. The tint film was so old that i need an other rear window....

then we reinstall the parcel shelf :)

i always want to have some better overview what my engine is doing so i order some additional instruments.

but where do i install them!? a lot of searching on the web got me to the conclusion that i have to build something.
        Ashtray?...Dont need that :mrgreen: lets rebuild the Ashtray and put the instruments there.

hmm looks not so bad

finished with alcantara

bolted on the original ashtray mounts

and back in the car :)

test mounted new pedals...hmm no steering wheel!? Renown Monaco Rosso is orderd ;D

did also some small stuff on the enginebay. "Ernst" had a nice wiping water tank so i switched these. Get a set of hood insulation, looks so much better now.

The Airbox was not really beautiful so i changed to an M30 Airbox.

Small detail...new door handles :p

and thats her new cover...

hope you guys like it

Comment

Very clean car, great job! I like the gauge setup
          '84 Alpine 325e (Gone)
          '91 Alpine 318i (Gone) Click Here
          '92 Alpine 325i Cabrio (Gone) Click Here
          '91 Alpine 318is

Comment

A+ work mate.

Comment

Yesterday i was a bit bored so i decided to get my car on the hydraulic lift.

First i need to reorganize the complete workshop because my car was in the last dark corner

The Original fog light glasses are colored at one side/spot but the new i have miss this feature so i orderd some Revell Email Color and some brushes.

First layer is ok, next layer will be done today.
              Try to make a comparative photo with the original glasses.

When i rebuild the car i use the complete set oft red strongflex bushings but since then some really really strange noises comes from my differential :SOS:
              It sounds a bit like an old W201/190E, this car have such sounds quite often.

Random Diff Photo

"old" (400km ) Strongflex out, new oem in..

Next Step is an Oil Service.

Comment

So only a small Update because its still fu**** cold without a heater

First i did an Oil change, for the first time after the Engine rebuild, the Oil looks pretty good.
                I had some strange sounds (last year) coming from my gearbox but we checked it aaaand its gone ....dont know what the problem was

Finishing the fog lights was the plan

here the old glass

and the new one ;D with new Osram bulb and cleaned reflector

back on the Car....visible difference!? :| not really with crappy Samsung S5...
                but they are much brighter now!

...yes yes i know she is dirty af :(

Comment

No Face :(

because new Lights :D

test mounted :) pretty good

Comment

Next on the To-Do List we have the RECARO Seat Console.

With the Recaro Console you sit higher than with the original console ...that sucks so lets lower the console!

after some cuts we weld it back together and hope its better now

but i cant finish it....color is empty :hitler:

cleaned the Workshop and park the Project-Car on the Lift to finish the "underbody" (Unterboden)

Comment

Season has startet :mrgreen:

Rollout with my best Buddy and his 318i. At the Moment he rebuild his 2-Door E30 with an M42 Engine

Look at my Suspension waaaay to high....god damn Exhaust :hitler: hope i can fix that problem next Winter.

and one (dirty) interior shot :)

Comment

Very nice cars and very cool workshop! Nothing nicer then a red e30.

What kind of tractor is that tucked away in the back there?

Did you use original bmw insulation for the hood or generic stuff?
                        Instagram : makeitsnap

1985 e28 520i

Comment

2 red e30s look great together. Interior is really nice too!

R.H.D
                          M-technic I club

Comment

Originally posted by bostonvert View Post
                            Very nice cars and very cool workshop! Nothing nicer then a red e30.

What kind of tractor is that tucked away in the back there?

Did you use original bmw insulation for the hood or generic stuff?
                            Its a "Deutz F2 L 612/4" build in 1956 with 22hp :D this one is a kind of special edition because it have some "Schnellgang-Getriebe" fast-gearbox(?)

i use the original bmw insulation, there is no real price difference between original and aftermarket stuff.

Originally posted by JamesE30 View Post
                            2 red e30s look great together. Interior is really nice too!

thx but the Interior is missing one important peace ...my Renown Steering Wheel :mrgreen:

Red is really a great color for the E30 but you have to take care of a lot :? my color is so hard fucked, i have to repaint it in the near future

Comment

Originally posted by Jense30 View Post
                              Its a "Deutz F2 L 612/4" build in 1956 with 22hp :D this one is a kind of special edition because it have some "Schnellgang-Getriebe" fast-gearbox(?)

i use the original bmw insulation, there is no real price difference between original and aftermarket stuff.

thx but the Interior is missing one important peace ...my Renown Steering Wheel :mrgreen:

Red is really a great color for the E30 but you have to take care of a lot :? my color is so hard fucked, i have to repaint it in the near future
                              Awesome! I've seen quite a lot of these still in use, in fact my neighbor owns one to!
                              Instagram : makeitsnap

1985 e28 520i

Comment

Just a quick Update of my Cars

A few villages away is every year a Oldtimer Meeting, we managed to get in and had some interesting conversations with some people.

The day i took this picture was the day when i owend her for excatly 3 years .

Re-uphoster two of our M-Tech 1 Steering Wheels, hope it feels good in daily winter use

Bought some Original Recaro Sportseats but....they don't fit me quite well so i will sell them again

so i changed the upholstery of my "old" Modular-L Recaros. Interior is now nearly finished.

At the end of the last Winterseason my little 318i did run only on 3 cylinders :( after checking the engine....i was sure that the previous owner did not care much about service....

so i had to change every gasket inclusive the valve seals. Now its back together.

the Car get some used mirrors in the right color and now its ready for the comming winter.

and the last News....my Shortshifter arrived :mrgreen: maybe i can install it this weekend.

Last edited by Jense30; 10-24-2016, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X