German 318is M50 & the "new" 318i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

German 318is M50 & the "new" 318i

Hi my Name is Jens and this my Thread for my little 318IS M50 Swap called "Emma" AND my "new" 318i for the Winter
    I live in Germany / Hessen and work for Harley-Davidson.

Before i buy the E30 i drive a BMW E46 ...its nice looking car with a great interior but i got to much fu**** electricstuff and i dont have the right feeling when i drive it...i need more contact to the street, i want to feel what the Car does and in my opinion the BMW E30 is one of the greatest Cars when you want that.
    Its a lightweight classic car with a great bodydesign ...and ! you can fix EVERYTHING without a Laptop :D

August 2013: I was looking for a good E30 and find a 318IS in "Brilliantrot". The Color is so flashy between all this grey and white and black Cars i love it, but it needs a lot of affection because the Red do not really like sun.

here the first Photo ...the W201 / 190er Babybenz in the Pic is a old Car of me, a friend drive it now

After a really really long search we (friends and i) found a great workshop place. Its a old plastic factory.
    We pull out all the old Stuff and start making it our private heaven.

Do not forget the bodyshell on the right ;) its our E30 M50B30 Turbo Project ...Photos below.

an other Photos of our E30's. All together is tricky because....1 Car always is broken xD or something else.
    Overall we have 8 E30's :)

Last edited by Jense30; 09-27-2015, 09:45 AM.
    Instagram: Jens30e

Welcome aboard! Nice project you have there. That shop that you and your friends have is really nice. GMG sticker on the hood? lol

COTM

Comment

guten Morgen!

herzlich willkommen auf R3V. Wir alle haben die Sucht. Deutsch-Engineering und Innovation ist schwer zu schlagen!

Looks like you have a project before you. Based on the garage I would say you have it all in hand. Great pics of the E30 family in their natural habitat.

Thanks for posting and keep it coming

E30 über alles!
      Last edited by FL318is; 12-17-2014, 05:17 AM.

Comment

wow your pics are HUUUUUUUUUGE.

hahaha gonna crash my old apple
        91 DS S52 Slicktop, 91 Calypso M42, 89 Royalblau M20, 84 Bahama Beige 323i, M535, Euro e24, ap1

www.RenownUSA.com
        ig @RenownUSA / @rude.scott

Comment

Nice one! Great work so far, really inspiring... Makes me want to get in the garage and break out the tools right now! Subbed.

Comment

That's a beautiful e30 collection you've got. Willkommen!

Comment

Originally posted by N2MYE30 View Post
              Welcome aboard! Nice project you have there. That shop that you and your friends have is really nice. GMG sticker on the hood? lol
              haha yes! its a GMG Sticker on the Hood :p

Originally posted by animal View Post
              wow your pics are HUUUUUUUUUGE.

hahaha gonna crash my old apple
              dont know why sry....i have re-upload the pics ...now it must be better ?

and thx Guys for the Welcome :)!

Some News___________________________________

God and Bad News....more bad than good ...

First i got my tool to get this rubber mounts out of the rear axle. Works really good ...i was surprised

The Rearaxle gets now powder coated ...hope it comes back before christmas.

To the next Pics i have nothing to say.....:hitler::curse::dot:

specially the second photo is why i could start crying -.- i have absolutely no idea how to fix that.
              or should i say i cant fix it? i have some trouble with my health so...hm we will see...
              i have the repair-sheet from bmw but....none of us here can weld so good that anyone say "yes sure i will fix that...." :(

ah and before i forget it...i need a new tank ......

a few days ago the Strongflex stuff is arrived and i started to refresh some parts of the rearaxle.

Good News? We got a Club-shield now....

Comment

Welcome, nice cars! Can't wait to see more.
                Details on those tail lights? They look good.

Comment

Impressive first post and welcome to the site. What I'm surprised by is that German's that like E30's have not started to venture down to Spain or southern Italy for clean chassis for their projects.
                  https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Great work man loving the project.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                    1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                    Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                    Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                    Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

what a nice project, keep it up !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      [ETA - E30 Adapters] 5 Lug kit with e46m3 front and e46 325/328i rear brake setup
                      ---------------------------------------------------------------
                      [ETA - E30 Adapters] - 5 Lug kit | DTM Shifter | DSSR
                      ---------------------------------------------------------------
                      Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by tak7 View Post
                        Welcome, nice cars! Can't wait to see more.
                        Details on those tail lights? They look good.
                        The tail lights are original E30 but they were glazed (!? -> "lasiert").
                        A guy from ebay did this.

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
                        Impressive first post and welcome to the site. What I'm surprised by is that German's that like E30's have not started to venture down to Spain or southern Italy for clean chassis for their projects.
                        thx. Hm yes ...if you have the Money you could do this. But i dont have so...^^. No German Papers, long Distance....such things.
                        I bought it as an Daily-Driver....this Project was not planned :)

Some News___________________________________

Yesterday we start to clean the rust....around 14? spots we cleaned and i am satisfied with the progress. Next steps are...cleaning all the Rust in the luggage space. But now comes Christmas and all this Stuff...so ...i have no Idea when we can make the next big Step.

Comment

Subbed.

Keep up the good work!

Comment

Originally posted by Jense30 View Post

Good News? We got a Club-shield now....

This is so cool, I need one for my house

Comment

some short News....

24.12.2014 my powder-coating guy called me and say i can come and pick up my parts :mrgreen:

i am really really happy with the quality of his job! After removing the rear axle from the car it really looks bad but now its so shiny :D.

.... and my rusty tank -.- ....fu**** expensive peace of sh** :hitler:

Maybe before new year we start welding the big holes in the rear (wheelhouse!?).

Comment

Working...
                              X