No announcement yet.

1984 Alpina B6 2.8/1 #42 of 259

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I gotta know what you paid for it and what we think it is worth. Sorry, but it makes the whole story so much more interesting to me :)
    J. Farina

Yeah, thats me kicking up all that dirt!

Comment

I'm happy they made so many cool variations of e30's! Sub'd!!!

Comment

Congrats on the purchase I am glad to see you are getting the car back in shape. Also, nice to see another E30 B6 2.8 owner. I own #89.

Comment

Awesome find! I was looking forward to this thread after seeing the initial pictures! Keep her alive!

Putting all the bits together slowly on my sedan turned Alpina is not nearly as fun as this one.
          sigpic

Comment

very cool. Im curious what all the differences are between a 2.8L M30 and the larger ones.
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Now THIS is the type of thread that I love to read. I really am joining you in the excitement dude.

What a great find and sub'd.

I'd plan to change every belt and hose, hoses especially they will eventually begin to break and cause air leaks and fluid leaks. Trust me I have an antique engine too:)
              My old Style 5 Thread / My Swap
              1991 318IS :bow: 2.5L S14 Swap/BC Coilover suspension/Some new (old) wheels/
              IS Skirt-Lip/RG Splitter/M-Technic I Spoiler/Dogleg/3.46 Diff/Euro H4 headlights etc.
              1998 528I (Sold) // 2003 540I ///M Sport

Comment

wow....

speechless, gorgeous car!
                Congrats!

Comment

Very cool...

looking forward

and welcome to the ALPINA owners club
                  Sveinbjörn Hrafnsson

E30 CABRIO V12 M70B50 ///
                  ALPINA B10 BITURBO 346 @ 507
                  E34 550 V12 JML

Finnish wisdom : If you want to Win,, hire a Finn

http://alpina.123.is/pictures/

Comment

Originally posted by JiXer View Post
                    I gotta know what you paid for it and what we think it is worth. Sorry, but it makes the whole story so much more interesting to me :)
                    I second this.

What did you pay for it?

How much do you figure to get it in proper running condition?
                    Estoguy
                    1986 BMW 325, Alpenweiss ~ "Elsa"

Need a photographer, come visit my site: http://estoguy.wix.com/unique-perspectives

Comment

Originally posted by estoguy View Post
                      probably the same you or I would pay to give a regular e30 a few maintenance items.

Shame about the ghetto a/c system tho

OP, what is the factory color of this car?
                      Last edited by Stanley Rockafella; 01-23-2015, 06:24 PM.
                      If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

I am in love.

And to those of you asking him to reveal what he paid...well that's just not polite.

Comment

nice find, and very cool car :up: ALPINA

What is the power figures for this model?
                          http://instagram.com/mundieriss
                          my 88' m20b30 HERE!

Comment

Originally posted by abit View Post
                            ... What is the power figures for this model?
                            210 bhp and 270 Nm; 6.9 sec from 0-100 km/h. and max speed of 230 km/h.
                            The Unofficial Alpina homepage. The online resource for all information about Alpina since 1998.

Very fast, rare and interesting piece of E30 history. Waiting to see it completely retored! Nice find, take good care of it.

Comment

Now this was a NICE find!!!

Congrats to OP, may you have many more happy kays (or miles as you put it)

LOL

Comment

O_O I guess I should come back more often so this doesn't happen

So..

Originally posted by e30m3s54turbo View Post
                                Hello Manny!

I'm glad you started a thread on the Alpina.

I'm glad I was able give info.

SuB'D!!!
                                Thank you! I have to pick your brain on a few cosmetic things here shortly.

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                                Subd this car is fantastic. I remember when Raul texted me saying you found it we were both foaming at the mouth.
                                Haha, he must have kept his cool with me!

Originally posted by FL318is View Post
                                Tampa? Man this makes me feel like I bought the winning lotto ticket and left it in YOUR wallet. Congrats man! Excellent find.

Because you are local I expect to see the car one day. Thinking Lake Mirror (concours?) and Fields Lakeland Concours.

Keep us posted and enjoy!
                                I... Didn't even know this was a thing! I'd definitely be down, know any info on dates and such?

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
                                Nice find, and it looks to be a pretty easy revival. Clean it up, and take care of it. I look forward to seeing future posts.

Will
                                Originally posted by bootlegskate View Post
                                awesome find! good luck with the revival, seems like you have a good handle on it already. I just picked up an e30 M3 and going through the same maintenance stuff since it was sitting for 5 years.
                                Originally posted by mr2peak View Post
                                Really hope you do a full proper refresh/resto. Nice find!
                                Thanks! Yes, I'm quite looking forward to this one. It's a bit different when you're the one behind the camera wrenching up vs. reading up on something like this. bootlegskate What's the progress on that? Thread or pics?

Originally posted by Habla View Post
                                I'd have this over an e30 m3 any day. Awesome car!
                                Would you really? I'm not 100% sure. Both great cars though!

Originally posted by JiXer View Post
                                Originally posted by estoguy View Post
                                I second this.

What did you pay for it?

If I told you.. You wouldn't believe me. Right Raul? Heh. Probably best to go with TimeMachinE30 @ $9999 as that 4 digit number :D

Originally posted by B6guy View Post
                                Congrats on the purchase I am glad to see you are getting the car back in shape. Also, nice to see another E30 B6 2.8 owner. I own #89.
                                Nice! What options came with yours? Wonder what it'd be like to drive this thing down the road. When you're inside it's so quiet. Nothing like my previous E30's.

Originally posted by Van Westervelt View Post
                                Awesome find! I was looking forward to this thread after seeing the initial pictures! Keep her alive!

Putting all the bits together slowly on my sedan turned Alpina is not nearly as fun as this one.
                                Originally posted by keefy6 View Post
                                Now THIS is the type of thread that I love to read. I really am joining you in the excitement dude.

What a great find and sub'd.

I'd plan to change every belt and hose, hoses especially they will eventually begin to break and cause air leaks and fluid leaks. Trust me I have an antique engine too:)
                                Yes, GLAD this isn't an M20. Timing chain ftw! -Not that I wouldn't mine one though. Probably gonna be the next thing to do.

And after seeing plenty Alpina tributes, IMO I welcome them, They're usually on the cleaner side from other projects I've seen.

Originally posted by Alpina View Post
                                Very cool...

looking forward

and welcome to the ALPINA owners club
                                Thanks!

Originally posted by frankie591 View Post
                                Beautiful car! What colour is it?
                                Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
                                OP, what is the factory color of this car?
                                Now About the paint.. It seems PO paint the car.. But over what seems to be an already clear coated layer paint.. Color code is supposed to be Balticblau Metallic [178], Although what's on the car now isn't bad by far. Just sucks about the driver door dent / chipping paint in a few areas.

I uploaded a few pics to showcase the similarites/differences of them. Lighting plays a major factor so i tried to get different angles/amounts of light in:

What color do you think would suit the car more?

Originally posted by Habla View Post
                                That ac system is funky though, can you change it out for stock e30 stuff with an m30 compressor?
                                Originally posted by efficient View Post
                                Very nice car. That a unit looks like ghetto.
                                Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
                                probably the same you or I would pay to give a regular e30 a few maintenance items.

Shame about the ghetto a/c system tho
                                Originally posted by kronus View Post
                                also that AC install is the most ghetto thing I've ever seen. Shame they did that to an Alpina. Consider sourcing a normal condenser and compressor bracket and running it like a regular M30 would.
                                Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                                the engine is in position 1 with custom alpina radiator fitting inside the radiator core support. i think it would be a tough sale to get a condenser and fan in between the radiator and the grille. not saying it can't be done, just saying that with the configuration at hand, there probably isn't room with stock parts.
                                Originally posted by scoobydo View Post
                                Position 1 with the Alpina Radiator that sits inside the front mask you will need a very slim condensor to fit it up front, hence the ghetto job done here. I had an M30 in position 1 with AC, pump is not an issue as standard M20 will fit I believe but I have side mounted condensors.
                                Okay, about the A/C system. This is a tough subject. Issue is [from what i could see fitment wise] I wouldn't even be able to mock up what scoobydo is doing for the fact that the ducts are right within the vicinity. And keep in mind that tis A/C job was done roughly 30 years ago, with the exception that the compressor and/or condensor/s were changed. It looks rough, but i'm sure something can be worked out.

Update #1

Fuel pump! Had to wait a few days for the new pump to come in. The car wasn't able to rev up and be held [let's say @ 3krpm] for more than 3 seconds before billowing out.

What a contraption [I've only ever delt with late models ]

Pulled the old pump from that.. Bracket.. Rubber.. Thing?

The side by side

All back ready for install with new hoses

Threw it back in, ready for another test drive

I was tempted to give a nice WOT being that we're on a lime stone road, but thought not to.
                                I have a friend with an E30 M3 to save that for

-Pretty sure a few revs would be welcomed as well
                                And that typical *Temp gauge not moving tap* is hilarious. Who doesn't do it?

Originally posted by TimeMachinE30 View Post
                                Thank you for taking them time to write this.

More pictures!!!!!!

4 digit price....ugh...even a steal at 9999.99.
                                And Just for you, I scrubbed the exterior of the car down, along side the windows [they are so MINT!]. Interior hasn't been touched, yet.

Hope you guys like the lot:

To show how little to no rust the car is, i'd say this would be a spot to show signs. Tracks look immaculant in person:

Sorry if i missed out anyone, thanks for all the kind words and support!
                                sigpic
                                Alpina B6 2.8/1 Project
                                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=345025
                                Frankenstein Turbo Swap Thread [On Hold]
                                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=255606

Comment

Working...
                                X