My body is ready.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My body is ready.

To detail the life back into this 1991 318iS.

It's been quite a while since my last E30, and my last time on these boards.

Super excited to have picked this little guy up last night. Found it at 9:00AM, bought it at 6:30PM.

Paint is totally oxidized, but that's the perfect recipe for a fun weekend of detailing. Needs some bits and pieces here and there, but EVERYTHING WORKS. The side-view mirror motors work, no leaks, no BS, all electrical equipment works, it even has a damn cup holder. LOVE IT.

Best part about the purchase, is that on my way home there was some great E30 love from another 318 on the road, and we caravaned for a while.

Classic times- it reminded me of how much I love this culture of E30ists.

222,800 miles.

Do it.
    The Red Dragon V.5 1991 318iS / 2013 F800GT

"You gotta fix the nut behind the wheel before you fix the bolts on the car"

Congrats. More pics?

1990 325i Coupe Auto
    1987 325i Cabriolet Manual (sold)
    1989 325i Cabriolet Auto (sold)
    1991 325i Coupe Auto (sold)
    1991 325i Cabriolet Manual (sold)
    1991 325i Coupe Auto (sold)
    1990 325i Sedan Auto (sold)
    1984 318i Coupe Auto (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by shadowbethesda View Post
      Congrats. More pics?
      Will hoard this weekend after a full detail and inspection!

Maybe some more tomorrow. Tonight is a late night.

Comment

Sweet! Thousand Oaks! That's close to me. Nice purchase man excited to see you bring it back.

-NICK

Comment

Welcome back to the E30 community.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
          sigpic
          323i MTEC1
          Z3 coupe
          E60 M5

Comment

Spent some time last night getting my wife's 2002 running- super stoked on that! Should have more pictures and updates this Sunday.

Comment

pull through garage is pimp

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
              Ig:ryno_pzk
              I like the tuna here.
              Originally posted by lambo
              Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

Originally posted by Dj Buttchug View Post
                pull through garage is pimp
                Thanks. We just purchased this house, and that was a huge reason why. It also has a lift outside of the door on the left.

Comment

The backside of The Barn

"You gotta fix the but behind the wheel before you change the bolts on the car"

Comment

in b4 all the r3vers close by are triangulating your IP address to use your facilities.

You can create some serious doomsday machines with the setup you have. Dont let us down

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
                    Ig:ryno_pzk
                    I like the tuna here.
                    Originally posted by lambo
                    Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

That garage setup is awesome! You should look into covering that lift portion so everything is inside :) Would be quite the setup. And to the right people, it would add a good amount of value to the house if you ever sell.
                      Current:
                      1989 325i
                      1988 M3
                      1987 325ic
                      Past:
                      2001 330ci
                      2001 M3

Comment

Originally posted by jhaurimn View Post
                        That garage setup is awesome! You should look into covering that lift portion so everything is inside :) Would be quite the setup. And to the right people, it would add a good amount of value to the house if you ever sell.
                        Yeah- MD Barns was the company that did it, and I am definitely going to contact them about extended the structure to cover the lift.

We also have a 4-horse coral that could hold at least 6 cars (covered).

This place has a ton of potential. It also has 3 driveways- it's been a lonnnnnnng road of 80-100 hour work-weeks to get to this point.

Comment

Very cool! I will send you a message when I need to use your lift :)
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:
                          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Life goals
                            BMW tech
                            Umass Amherst
                            05 wrx sti

Comment

Updates: cleaning has proved this car still has some life left in it!

First time putting a car on the lift; gave it a good simple green and underspray wash:

First wash, then claybar (that red E30 in the background is actually my last Red E30, for those of you that remember, it had bullet holes. It went to someone a few towns over, then they sold it to my friend- stoked that it's still around):

I was really stoked that a $30 10" orbital off Amazon could get a good cut into the paint with Meguire's Medium Cut Polish:

Sup it up:

With our other buddy:

Just ordered some stuff off FCPGroton/Euro. Excited to get it tidied up, then gonna order some goodness when the tax return comes in.

Sup it up.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                              X