1991 318i Touring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1991 318i Touring

Finally bring it home few days ago. It is 91' 318i touring with 3.0 v8 engine(m60b30), 5-speed gearbox and 3.15 40% lsd differetial. It has H&R CUP shocks, H&R front and rear adjustible swaybars, yellow powerflex bushes on whole suspension, two mufflers with xpipes, Ate powerdisc in front, Stilauto 15x6 et13 and two Autostyle halfracing seats with H belts. Car is painted in interlagos blau color, it has side skirts from an X and tinted rear windows.

This is picture when I bring it home

Then I switch rims, steering wheel and mtech seats from my coupe and wash/clean it from inside. Still need to get redone rear seats and take few plastics from donor 325ix but I'm in no hurry. Headliner is also in bad shape, somebody was experimenting on it so need to redone it.

Also have rx7/corrado brake kit what I prepare for coupe but will put it on touring. Just need to paint them. I manage to find m60b40, still looking for 6-speed gearabox. Will collect some money during the summer and after it all winter in garage...

And for end my little mechanic :D
    Last edited by Goro; 03-18-2015, 10:55 AM.

Nice!!
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
    IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

Very nice! keep us updated on your progress with the m60b40 :)

Comment

I want it! :D
        = Heidi 1988 325 -> 335i. 7200rpm built M30

Comment

Those iX flares make her look super aggressive, I love it!
          1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
          1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

That car is beautiful. :coolphoto: I love the color and the wheels.
            1988 BMW 325i Cabrio- Weekend toy
            1994 BMW 740iL- Daily driver

Comment

wow - love your interior! NICE CAR
              91 DS S52 Slicktop, 91 Calypso M42, 89 Royalblau M20, 84 Bahama Beige 323i, M535, Euro e24, ap1

www.RenownUSA.com
              ig @RenownUSA / @rude.scott

Comment

Thanks, I work all day so i can't work on car. M60b40 will came home soon but will go inside of car at the end of summer, because when season start at 01.05. I am 24/7 till 01.10...
                And I forget to put pictures of engine bay :)

Comment

Looks good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  sigpic
                  323i MTEC1
                  Z3 coupe
                  E60 M5

Comment

Previous owner send me pictures how car was looking on day he went to buy it. He also have everything documented about swaping v8, painting car and lot more with pictures but he need to burn it on cd and send me beacuse there is ton of it.

Comment

Looks great!!
                      "It's a M sport, it has M logos on it."
                      -Miata Driving Douche-

Comment

Hey, where was the previous owner from? I remember a 320iT swapped V8 from Slovenia =)

Comment

He was also from Croatia, island Krk. Today I got free day so I take touring out for a little ride and washed coupe.

Comment

As the radio wiring was done bad I decided to go from zero. Get new +/- and took complete wiring out of an e36. Wiring is in excelent shape, no cracked wires or plugs. It also has original bmw amplifier and bmw nokia speakers. I wanted to put original e36 rear boxes in trunk but there was no space for them so I put speakers only. 2 speakers were bad so I change them with some JVC I had at home.

Comment

Rising from the dead after 5 months....one season is finally at the end but for touring is just about to start :)

Hi to everyone, during the season i collect and still collecting parts. Till now I manage to collect new front, rear brakes and Borbet T's 2x 16x7.5 et 35, 2x 16x9 et 30 and 2x 16x9 et 15. Engine m60b40 has been send few days ago and supposed to came in monday afternoon. Still need to order radiator from 324 turbo diesel and e46 steering rack...

As the season is dying I no longer work all day but only one shift during the day, so now have time to work on car. As I sad above, I bought new brakes but upgrade front ones to 312x25mm from Audi TT and callipers from 540i(60/28/302). Rear ones are original and everything is ATE. Last two days I manage to make adapters and put everything ond it's place, still need to trim adapters 2mm to fit the disc in center of callipers. When everytnig sits perfect, I will clean callipers, paint them and put new rubbers.

Yesterday I made one adapter just to get the shape and holes

Last edited by Goro; 10-03-2015, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X