Another German hit the stable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another German hit the stable

I finally pulled the trigger in this C2 of 95' with 48k kms on it (30k miles) RoW after some time trying to contact the owner. Car wasn't oficially for sale but I knew the owner wanted to sell it. The car has been garaged last few years, owner just purchased brand new tires (fatty ones) just before I got the car. I also was behind, besides this car, other cars in the market 80's and 90's year but this one went out first.

Given the 993's arround here are very rare to get and probably doesn't exist more than 8-10 in the whole country, this was one shot of opportunity, so I took it.:)

The PROS: Car has already Bilstein coilover (I have yet to check what model it is, but it looks like it was installed so many years ago), and the ride comfort is like driving a old Cadillac vs the stiffer 993tt I have, O.Z. multi piece wheel (not sure if two or three piece,most likely two piece, I don't even know what model are they) but I don't like them that much. Side skirts are not my cup of tea (that model) however doesn't bother me much, gotta check what side skirts are they and what else models exist for the WB C2 to replace them. Rear wing is a Techart according to what I have seen stamped from the fibberglass on it, unless it is a copy of the original Techart which I doubt.

Car optioned good enough for me from new. It has sunroof delete and rear wipper delete. Softbacks (I strongly believe someone "shortened" the back as the height and shape is different now, a good thing because I want some nice RECARo A8 for it), all black interior with black dials, alu shift knob with CF and as well parking lever same trim. Not sure what leather it is (original for sure).

The CONS: This is good and bad at the same time. Is good for me because I won't regret "modding it" and will wrench a lot on it but bad because I have to spend more money, but no much problem, in my shop I will take care of it:burnout:
    It was originally IRISBLAU according to the owners manual where the dealer put some data when is delivered tot he first owner, (didn't look into the VIN info yet) but it was converted to some, unknown to me, silver color. Paint does suck bigtime. Car had to what I guess, a minnor accident in the front/lower part but I have to dissamble here and there to inspect and restore it like it should be when left the factory. I knew it had some body damage way before pulling the trigger but it didn't bother me much. Leather specially the door handle of the driver side is faded and the door handle plastic cover from iside is broken, badly fixed and scratched some vinyl or leather in the lower part. I believe I will go with some alcantara here and there We will see....

Hope is welcome here:p

Some photos! And can't wait to put my hands on it:burnout:

Excuse the nasty gap bumper/hood:roflmao:

-Diego
    Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver/Euro E34 M5 '93/Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro/Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro/Skyline R33 GT-R

Suuuuper sweet. Digging the color too. Just needs some BBS RS's!
    -1976 2002 daily (Sold)
    -1986 528e 5 speed daily

Comment

Very nice!
      -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
      08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
      318iS, slow build/garage queen...
      '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
      Originally posted by roguetoaster
      Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Sweet 911!!
        1991 318i Sedan
        2005 X5 3.0i Sport
        2010 328i M-Sport Touring

Comment

Beautiful.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
          1983 Peugeot 505 STI
          1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
          2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Little update, although I'm lazy to upload the tons of photos of the whole process, here is a shot that should say the status by now :p

Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver/Euro E34 M5 '93/Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro/Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro/Skyline R33 GT-R

Comment

Nice! I'm definitely digging the RUF Yellowbird yellow status.
              AWD > RWD

Comment

Fucking sick. Love it.
                '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
                  IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

I liked the silver but the yellow is cool too. THAT ARENA RED 993TT! Envious mate.

1991 318iS Sterlingsilber - 1989 325i Cirrusblau (sold) - 1990 318iC Brilliantrot (sold)

Comment

Hopefully next week I will post some photos of the progress what I found when took it appart and the changes/upgrades. Car is about to be finished:)

Comment

Working...
                      X