No announcement yet.

New Here: 1989 325i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's coming along great man! If you ever want to ever go on a cruise when you're finished, let me know since you are local to me.
    Follow me on instagram @arda.e30

Comment

very nice build, keep it up.

Comment

Awesome build! Love that you started off with a complete suspension rebuild. That's exactly what I have planned for mine and am really looking forward to the results. Will definitely be following this one

--Roundie Revival 2.0 - 1973 BMW 2002 Build Thread--
        --Golden Boy E30 Build Thread-- (sold)

Comment

This is truly inspirational. I'm hoping to pick up my first E30 here next week, or the week following pending the PPI and compression test. Some items need a bit of restoring and tweaking, but you seem quite OCD like myself when it comes to certain things, and I can appreciate that. Keep up the good work!
          Thanks! Awesome, good luck hopefully it's yours soon! Yeah maybe a little OCD haha but oh well it make it worth it in the end!

It's coming along great man! If you ever want to ever go on a cruise when you're finished, let me know since you are local to me.
          Thank you! Yes I'd definitely like to! Should only be another week or two now.

very nice build, keep it up.
          Thank you!

Awesome build! Love that you started off with a complete suspension rebuild. That's exactly what I have planned for mine and am really looking forward to the results. Will definitely be following this one
          Thanks! Yeah it was a lot of work but definitely worth it, the car went from old and sloppy to everything feeling new and tight! It's a blast to drive!
          Last edited by SEA382; 02-10-2016, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Almost done....

Now just waiting on spark plugs, intake manifold gasket, and throttle body gasket.

Comment

Awesome! I'm going to probably be following the same upgrade path, but I started on the opposite end with the engine maintenance since I bought an overheating car to start with.

You might see a PM from me in the future asking about the specifics on the GC suspension bits. That looks to be they way I'd like to go with mine.

Comment

This is cool build. Is that your red e46 M3 is in the background of that one pic?

Comment

Originally posted by RampageRR View Post
                  Awesome! I'm going to probably be following the same upgrade path, but I started on the opposite end with the engine maintenance since I bought an overheating car to start with.

You might see a PM from me in the future asking about the specifics on the GC suspension bits. That looks to be they way I'd like to go with mine.
                  Cool! Yeah can't say I've ever taken on a project like this before but no matter where you start on the car it's very satisfying to make it "like new"!

For sure, hit me up if you have any questions. It's a solid setup and the guys over at GC certainly know what they are doing!

This is cool build. Is that your red e46 M3 is in the background of that one pic?
                  Thank you! No I wish! Haha, it's my roommates.

Comment

Awesome upgrades so far! In the process of doing the same steps myself!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great restoration, very thorough! The 3D printed brake duct looks awesome.
                      2.7i Stroker Turbo Build Thread

90 325i | 95 Miata

Comment

Did you go GC front and rear? If so what spring rates did you go and how does it feel?
                        BMW tech
                        Umass Amherst
                        05 wrx sti

Comment

Originally posted by e30onBBSs View Post
                          Did you go GC front and rear? If so what spring rates did you go and how does it feel?
                          Yes. I'm currently on a 450lb/in spring front and rear and I am very happy with the setup although I'll likely make some rate changes here in the near future ( I just grabbed the springs that I had available to me at the time) It feels awesome on the street but I think it will be a little unbalanced when pushed since the rear spring is mounted so far inboard from the wheel.

If you decided to go with it (which you should) give them a call and they will gladly talk to you about your setup and pick rates that will suit your needs.
                          Last edited by SEA382; 02-22-2016, 11:25 PM.

Comment

Well it's been a while but here's an update.

I've been really happy with the suspension setup! Feels great and is a blast to drive!

Here's her with the rest of my cars...being normal is overrated.

Car ran great for a while with onyl a few minor hiccups. I lost the exhaust over in Coasta Mesa while driving, the rubber hangers gave out...luckily i had a tow strap in my trunk like most people do in the e30's...? haha

Then the car began to knock. Wishfully thinking, I thought maybe it was just rod bearings and I could do a bearing job and be on my way.

Pulled, subframe, dropped pan to find some pretty worn bearings...

The crank measured in spec according to the manual so I slapped the new ones in and went for it. Knock didn't go away so I decided to pull the motor.

Meanwhile I cam a cross and great deal on some seats so this happened:

Picked up a new motor with ~12k on the rebuild with receipts to prove it from DWH parts!

So now it's just a matter of swapping accessories and what not to the new block.

Might take me a while since I'll be replacing a few components along the way and I'd rather not rush it.

Comment

Sweet as build man. Hey, can you tell me what camber/toe adjustment you went from and where did you buy it? Looks like a super solid setup in comparison to what I have seen lol.

Comment

Sweet as build man. Hey, can you tell me what camber/toe adjustment you went from and where did you buy it? Looks like a super solid setup in comparison to what I have seen lol.
                                Thanks! The adjusters are from Ireland Engineering, they are awesome!

Comment

Working...
                                X