No announcement yet.

VIN #336 Craigslist Find. S38 Swapped Euro E30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

intervalves is good enough, my S38 has a few of their valves. let me know if you have any S38 top end assembly questions!
    cars beep boop

Comment

I am wondering about the s38b38 cam gears. I have done some research but it sounds like the cam gears only change the lobe separation angle (LSA) a few degrees. Apparently the cams are the same, as shown on realoem, so it isn't really worth messing with. These cams are different than the s38b35 and would have some benefit on an e24 or e28. Has anybody heard or experimented otherwise?
      318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
      '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

5 spokes on e30

Esquire E30 Build (87 325i Vert)
        Ultimate Tanning Machine

Comment

The car has been sitting in the shop for a while. I was busy preparing for my brother's wedding, picking up a 318is track car, travelling to San Fran for a cross country race, and to top it all off, my company laid me off last month.

Needless to say there has been some minor progress. I dropped off the m30 skid plate and the head has been assembled. When I was there last week, headbolts hadn't been ordered so the head was just sitting waiting for those to come in.

I received this picture yesterday and the head is now on the car! I have cleaned my garage to try to fit 3 cars in it so when it comes back it can stay inside while I figure out the titling procedure.

I still need an exhaust for the car and am debating about swapping the oem taillights back in.

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

I bet you are excited about this one!

I'm glad the valve adjust tool was put to good use!
            http://www.Drive4Corners.com

Comment

VIN #336 Craigslist Find. S38 Swapped Euro E30

Good news!

Buy the pipes and I'll weld up your exhaust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                Good news!

Buy the pipes and I'll weld up your exhaust.

Do you have a TIG?

Comment

Ja!

Comment

fucking hell!!!!! I am sooooooo jelly, this is what dreams are made of.....

Comment

Ja!

How much did that setup cost you? Ive been wanting to get a tig for some time now.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                      1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                      Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                      Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                      Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                        How much did that setup cost you? Ive been wanting to get a tig for some time now.
                        Don't want to hijack Ted's sweet thread, but this is roughly what I've spent

-Alpha-tig: $749 shipped
                        -HF welding cart: $150ish
                        -Argon bottle: $280 w/ fill
                        -superlfex line & #19 torch: $80
                        -Tig finger + pyrex cup: $70
                        -Consumables & rod: $120
                        -Miller auto-dark helmet: $280
                        -Gloves (should be a consumable): $60 & counting (4th pair)
                        -Other PPE: $115 (jacket/pants/safety glasses/earplugs etc)

Probably more I'm forgetting.

Comment

Don't want to hijack Ted's sweet thread, but this is roughly what I've spent

-Alpha-tig: $749 shipped
                          -HF welding cart: $150ish
                          -Argon bottle: $280 w/ fill
                          -superlfex line & #19 torch: $80
                          -Tig finger + pyrex cup: $70
                          -Consumables & rod: $120
                          -Miller auto-dark helmet: $280
                          -Gloves (should be a consumable): $60 & counting (4th pair)
                          -Other PPE: $115 (jacket/pants/safety glasses/earplugs etc)

Probably more I'm forgetting.
                          thanks for info. Back to s38 epicness

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                          1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                          Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                          Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                          Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

This thread gives me hope that I will find an amazing deal on an e30. Patience is a virtue! Awesome read!
                            1990 325i w/ 24v M50 Swap
                            South Shore MA

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                              thanks for info. Back to s38 epicness

I forgot to add... The whole rig, including all the little stuff you don't account for is less than an equivalent blue or red box.

Not saying the blue/red guys aren't better, just that it wasn't economical for me as a hobbyist.

Comment

I decided while intake plenum was off, it would make sense to clean it and paint it. Same goes for the valve cover.

Since I haven't posted many pictures in a while, here are some more picture including the disassembly of the two piece intake plenum. I'm gonna paint it black OEM looking and RealOEM sells the colored M sticker for the plenum so I will replace that for a clean look. The throttle bodies, alternator, thermostat, radiator, and oil filter housing need some work so i may try to polish those up to get eh bay looking nice.

The butterfly that increases midrange torque.

a better photo

and disasssembled

Stay tuned, this should be getting back together in another month (hopefully less!) ;D

Comment

Working...
                                X