• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very good looking car!!! Nice work. Your father lucky guy

Comment

Long time no see! Did some things to the E30:
      • Smoke tested the intake tract- no leaks
      • Cylinder 1 misfire code is now gone- Hooray!
      • Vibration at idle remains- Boo!
      • Bought LED bulbs for the headlights- OMG so much better
      • Installed a new keyless entry- the fobs for the old one stopped working
      • Bought a larger front swaybar from Garagistic on a whim because of their Black Friday sale. Turns out it was legit 1mm bigger than my current cabrio swaybar... :sadface:

• Tried out AKG 70A poly motor mounts- no better than the Revshift
      • Moved on to stock E36 mounts flipped upside down- took some work but they fit
      • Went back to stock trans mounts as well
      • Modified the mid-section of the exhaust
        • Cut out the huge straight through Magnaflow muffler
      • welded up the pin holes at the flanges- oh the boogers!
      • replaced the old muffler with a 3" race catalytic converter
      • Reinstalled the driveshaft tunnel shielding
      • Exhaust sounds even better- videos to come
      • She continues to make advances, albeit slowly and with much expense
      2003 Z4 3.0 6-speed- Silver, 19's, daily driver
      1990 Silver 325i- Lowered on H&R OE Sports, e90 drop hats, KYB shocks, color matched rocker panels, 16" Emortal RS wheels on 205/50/16 tires... Currently getting a full refresh including an S52 swap!
      1997 Black Ford Probe GT- Stripped to 2220lbs, MS3X, Forged motor in midst of assembly... Dyno results and 1/4 mile times pending

Comment

1990 Silver 325i- Lowered on H&R OE Sports, e90 drop hats, KYB shocks, color matched rocker panels, 16" Emortal RS wheels on 205/50/16 tires... Currently getting a full refresh including an S52 swap!
        1997 Black Ford Probe GT- Stripped to 2220lbs, MS3X, Forged motor in midst of assembly... Dyno results and 1/4 mile times pending

Comment

Re: revshift and AKG bushings, was it just the vibration that you didn't like, or were there fitment concerns?
          Originally posted by priapism
          My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
          Originally posted by shameson
          Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

I liked my AKG mounts, but I understand wanting to dial it down a little
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Basically my plan is to switch from CondorSpeedShop solid mounts to current (3rd gen?) Revshift 75A.
              There has to be a noticable decrease in NVH from that, but I'm concerned about turbo/downpipe fitment since they seem offset to the right side of the car.
              Originally posted by priapism
              My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
              Originally posted by shameson
              Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

How do you find the E36 mounts? I'm running the E28 black cylindrical mounts and they move too much for my setup, are the E36 mounts sufficiently stiff?
                IG: https://www.instagram.com/josh.stacey/
                Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/133952286@N03/

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
                  Re: revshift and AKG bushings, was it just the vibration that you didn't like, or were there fitment concerns?
                  The entire thing was about vibration, which even after going to stock E36 mounts still persists. That said, the Revshift mounts sat the intake manifold SUPER close to the brake booster. Maybe a couple mm from touching. The AKG mounts moved the distance to about 1cm away.

The overall difference in vibration through the mounts is definitely less with the AKGs and then even less with the stock e36s. I'm happy with the e36 mounts, not sure how they would be too soft?

Comment

With the mounts I'm running and the rear sump setup, going from the Alu M52 to S52 the mounts have sagged very quickly to the point where the sump will contact the subframe over bumps. Being a RHD too, initially I had enough steering clearance, but now that they've sagged I can quite easily foul the steering on left hand turns. I have a pair of 90a Revshift mounts but they're too stiff, the E36 mounts flipped looks like my next solution.
                    IG: https://www.instagram.com/josh.stacey/
                    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/133952286@N03/

Comment

Originally posted by jsta1109 View Post
                      With the mounts I'm running and the rear sump setup, going from the Alu M52 to S52 the mounts have sagged very quickly to the point where the sump will contact the subframe over bumps. Being a RHD too, initially I had enough steering clearance, but now that they've sagged I can quite easily foul the steering on left hand turns. I have a pair of 90a Revshift mounts but they're too stiff, the E36 mounts flipped looks like my next solution.
                      I'm also running rear sump and had steering clearance issues with the Revshift mounts (until I went to an aftermarket joint). Haven't noticed any sagging issues with any of the mounts thus far, but I have very few miles on them all.

Comment

Originally posted by jsta1109 View Post
                        With the mounts I'm running and the rear sump setup, going from the Alu M52 to S52 the mounts have sagged very quickly to the point where the sump will contact the subframe over bumps.
                        I wonder if this why it wasnt as much as a pain for me since the Alu M52 is 50# lighter than the Iron S52
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:
                        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Working...
                        X