New Member, New E30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Member, New E30

I just bought this glacier blue 1990 325i to be my daily driver. I had to jump on the opportunity to buy because it was a 1 owner, rust free car from California. As I drive it, I'm going to have it restored to really nice driver condition. I have already given it a tune up and new brakes. Next on the agenda is fixing the a/c, new leather and carpet, new front bumper and paint. This is going to take a few months, but more pics to come!

1990 BMW 325i
    2006 Lotus Elise
    1964 Chevrolet Corvette

Solid start !
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
    IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

Great color! ;)

COTM

Comment

Congrats!
        BMW tech
        Umass Amherst
        05 wrx sti

Comment

Thanks! It is currently in the shop getting the a/c fixed. I know it needs converted and filled with freon, but who knows what else. I have also ordered new leather, carpet, and shift boot for the interior. That should have it looking like new inside.
          1990 BMW 325i
          2006 Lotus Elise
          1964 Chevrolet Corvette

Comment

It's been a little over a month and I've made decent progress. The a/c blows very cold now (just needed converted and charged) and I've had the upholstery and carpet changed. The leather remained the same color, but I decided to switch from tan to black carpet. I also got a set of modern BMW 1 series floor mats which fit pretty well. It smells like a new car inside, and I think it almost looks like one too. I'm pretty happy with it. With the interior done, it's on to the exterior!

1990 BMW 325i
            2006 Lotus Elise
            1964 Chevrolet Corvette

Comment

Hey another one in my area, welcome.
              sigpic

'88 325is-daily
              '89 325is-project
              '84 633csi-its there
              '00 528i-daily (wrecked)
              '01 525i- sold

Comment

Originally posted by IzzY_325is View Post
                Hey another one in my area, welcome.
                I've actually seen more E30 M3's roaming around Lexington than nice 325's. Looks like you have 2 of them!
                1990 BMW 325i
                2006 Lotus Elise
                1964 Chevrolet Corvette

Comment

How dare you steal a car from California. I demand you return it (once you finish restoring it) ;)
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:
                  -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Great start!
                    sigpic
                    '89 325i RoyalBlau Metallic - Kylie
                    Follow me on IG! @its.christiannn

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                      How dare you steal a car from California. I demand you return it (once you finish restoring it) ;)
                      Haha... no problem. That will be $15,000.
                      1990 BMW 325i
                      2006 Lotus Elise
                      1964 Chevrolet Corvette

Comment

Damn nice looking interior. Iam considering doing the same with my floor color. I have a tan interior and the carpet looks awful. Who did you order the carpet from? If you don't mind me asking was it pricey? It's looks great!!!
                        Last edited by Bbruins72; 08-02-2015, 10:04 AM. Reason: error made
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bbruins72 View Post
                          Damn nice looking interior. Iam considering doing the same with my floor color. I have a tan interior and the carpet looks awful. Who did you order the carpet from? If you don't mind me asking was it pricey? It's looks great!!!
                          Thanks. I'm glad I went with the black carpet. I think it looks better and it definitely won't stain as easily. I'm also lucky that the new leather on the seats ended up matching the original door panels perfectly.

Before I had it done, I looked into buying the carpet and upholstery off ebay and doing it myself, since that's one of the few parts of the restoration that I have the skills to do correctly myself. Total for the parts was about $1800. Then I got a quote from a very good upholstery shop in town, and the total with installation was $2300. No brainer. I let them do it.
                          1990 BMW 325i
                          2006 Lotus Elise
                          1964 Chevrolet Corvette

Comment

Very nice. If I was closer to Lexington KY. That place would have my money to do the exact same work.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bbruins72 View Post
                              Very nice. If I was closer to Lexington KY. That place would have my money to do the exact same work.
                              Well, strangely enough, the upholstery shop told me that the leather kit was made by a place in MA, and they just installed it.
                              1990 BMW 325i
                              2006 Lotus Elise
                              1964 Chevrolet Corvette

Comment

Working...
                              X