No announcement yet.

Took me a over a year, but I finally got my first e30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how does it behave in corners? reasonable?
    sigpic

(clicky on piccy to get to thread)

Comment

Originally posted by econti View Post
      how does it behave in corners? reasonable?
      I cannot speak for other airbag kits, but it handles better with the airlift performance bags than with the vogtland/bilstein sports it had before, it feels "similar" to coilovers. With that said, I use the car as a daily driver and not a track car so comfort and convenience was a higher priority over peak performance... plus I always wanted a bagged car.
      First e30 - 1991 318i 4 door

Comment

I haven't updated much in a while since I recently graduated from college and got a new job, but I'm happy to announce that I have not lost any interest with the e30. I'm actually looking for another e30 for my girlfriend, but she wants a 2 door, so if anyone knows of a decent manual 2 door e30 for sale near San Diego please let me know.

Since then and now I picked up a set of front floor mats (1 series) that fit and look great, also picked up a 3 gauge console for the center A/C vent, and picked up a set of red seatbelts. Probably will not be installing the seatbelts until I reupholster the seats since I don't think the red will look good with the grey interior.

Here is a pic of the red belts I picked up

Comment

sub'd

Do you have an IG? I'd like to follow if you post your car

Comment

Sorry no IG.

Comment

Got these pedals delivered today in the morning, I was going to install them but decided to go to BigSoCal Euro instead. Maybe ill try to install them next week.

Comment

Got some free time today to mount the SRP pedal covers and also some weathertech window visors that my girlfriend gave me for my birthday a few days ago. The car is super dirty so no better pictures for now.

Last edited by z28; 09-08-2018, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Picked up some more parts to slowly start upgrading the interior. I got some rear premium speaker housings, front tweeter pods (gotta remove the tweeters that are glued on), rear parcel shelf seat belt clip holder (I was missing the original), and a ski pass seat back with headrests that has to be reupholstered to match the rest of the interior .

I gotta figure out what kind of speakers to get so I can upgrade the garbage stuff that is on their right now, sucks that the luke box is no longer available. Does anyone know of another source for audio stuff that works with e30s? ... my car is in desperate need of better speakers and a sub.

Comment

Decided to be a little productive today. I installed the rear red seatbelts, mounted the rear premium speakers, and painted the rear deck flat black with duplicolor vinyl paint. I could have done a better job with the rear deck, but I am happy with the results.

Comment

This car deserves Coco Mats

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
                        This car deserves Coco Mats
                        I might get some in the near future since Coco Mats look sweet. But, I have been gathering a few parts for when I redo my interior. I received my door pulls but I am waiting on some interior fabric I ordered a while back. Fortunately I had some time to mount the front speakers and paint the kick panel carpet.

Last edited by z28; 10-27-2018, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by z28 View Post
                          painted the rear deck flat black with duplicolor vinyl paint. I could have done a better job with the rear deck, but I am happy with the results.
                          Yea, you have to "brush" it in with a stiff bathroom cleaning type brush to get into the "napp" of it. As far as a box - depends on the sub. Any local shop can build you a box for about that Luke would charge.
                          Originally posted by Matt-B
                          hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Well, my gf finally picked up her own e30 project, so I have an e46 rack to install over the weekend.

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                            Yea, you have to "brush" it in with a stiff bathroom cleaning type brush to get into the "napp" of it. As far as a box - depends on the sub. Any local shop can build you a box for about that Luke would charge.
                            I was going to brush the heck out of but, but I got over it after the first try haha.

Comment

The 5 yards of m-rain fabric I ordered a long-ass time ago finally arrived, I can't wait to have the interior re-done with the new fabric :pimp:

Comment

Where'd you get that? Dealer?
                                sigpic

(clicky on piccy to get to thread)

Comment

Working...
                                X