Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moatilliatta
    replied
    I just try and still support "Turner" , They can order you anything on the ECS side..

Guy outside of Nashville, Tn. Axis of power, used to do carbon for champ car. Its nicely constructed with Kevlar honeycomb center, Monel rivets for the self-Locking floating nut mounting plates, He gave me titanium hardware but it was all to short. A few of the detail parts I didn't like, but its more of a "racecar" part and doesn't have the fit and finish the Karbonius has..

Both hoods are 11lbs or so.. I haven't had the karbonius on the scales yet. The Axis hood maybe heavier with clear on it after finished. I haven't checked which is stronger yet.

Leave a comment:

• z28
    replied
    What brand is your current hood that needs all that work for a proper fit?
    I was going to order from turner also but I had a few things on the ecs cart that i wanted to combine for shipping.

Leave a comment:

• moatilliatta
    replied
    Cant wait to see how it fits, My current hood one needs hours of fitment and resin work to look decent... When I opened the box, I still dont understand why they arnt significanly more.. .

Nice, I got mine from turner...

Leave a comment:

• z28
    replied
    I got the hood from ECS Tuning, i wanted to make sure i didn't miss out on one before they quit making them.

Leave a comment:

• moatilliatta
    replied
    MMM goodies!

I scored a Karbonius hood last month after hearing they quit making them!

Where did you get yours?

Leave a comment:

• z28
    replied
    The hood looks to be good quality and is 100% full carbon so its very light. Unfortunately i won't install it anytime soon since I have other stuff to take care first, but I'm collecting a few parts in the meantime. I will make sure to post some pictures when i get the hood mounted.

Leave a comment:

• BUDNUNTA
    replied
    whats that carbon bonnet like? keen to see how it fits

Leave a comment:

• z28
    replied
    Followup from the previous post...
    I just need to put the work decals on the wheels and some new tires. But the cars paint looks pretty beat because the sun faded the paint pretty bad. I was thinking of getting the car painted in nardo grey or midnight purple, but if it would be really expensive to do midnight purple so probably not. The sun roof panel is getting pretty rusty and the track broke, not sure if i should try to find another one or just delete it. Im leaning towards deleting the sunroof since I'm kinda tired of the wind noice and the weight reduction wouldn't hurt either.

Work Meister CR01
    Front: 16x8 +10 (A-Disk) Lip Size = 70mm (2.8 inches)
    Rear: 16x9 +7 (O-Disk) Lip Size = 95mm (3.8 inches)
    I was going to go more aggressive with the wheels but i also didn't want to pull the fenders to make them fit. Hopefully just a good fender roll makes them work.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	68626245578__3EA1675D-D71A-44B5-80C4-F7487F620360.jpg Views:	0 Size:	81.0 KB ID:	10070418Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0904.jpg Views:	0 Size:	76.8 KB ID:	10070419
    Last edited by z28; 10-03-2022, 09:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• z28
    replied
    Long time since my last update since I have been super busy moving to a new place and the budget also took a big hit because of that, but at least i don't have to park this thing out on the street. Parking out on the street took a toll on the paint, but i won't be able to get one anytime soon. Anyhow, its easier to make a list of the updates

-Had to get a new catalytic converter to pass smog.
    -Fixed a fuel leak at the rubber hose from the fuel filter to the fuel pump
    -Fixed the stuck driver rear window that wouldn't move up or down by cleaning the tracks and adding some silicone lubricant.
    -Got a new front bumper from BMW
    -Got a Karbonius carbon hood
    -Finally got some new wheels to replace the old reps that took a beating when i was parking the car outside for all those years. I need to get the fenders rolled before i can mount these.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0516.jpg Views:	0 Size:	66.7 KB ID:	10070415Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0911.jpg Views:	0 Size:	78.5 KB ID:	10070416
    Last edited by z28; 10-03-2022, 09:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• z28
    replied
    No major updates, I have just been collecting a few more parts here and there, fixed the drivers rear window that wasn't working anymore, and finally installed the carbon fibre mirrors.

Parts I have been gathering for my 4 door e30:
    euro bumper trim set (new oem)
    rear bumper trim (new oem)
    tail light gaskets (new oem)
    passenger front window rail (new oem)
    passenger rear window rail (new oem)
    drivers rear window rail (new oem)
    all 4 door moldings (new oem)
    complete remote brake booster assembly from a 1995 540i (used)

Leave a comment:

• z28
    replied
    My gf picked up a manual 89 325i 2 door with tan interior a while back so I have been busy working on the new addition. By the way, I am still looking for a front bumper for my car.

Still have a long way to go with the car but so far we have done the following to the new e30;
    momo woodgrain steering wheel
    rear premium speakers
    front door tweeters
    painted the rear speaker shelf black
    e46 steering rack
    is side skirts
    is front lip
    is lip splitter
    euro grilles
    euro license plate filler
    black kidney grilles (replaced cracked ones)
    tinted windows
    keyless entry
    adjustable clutch stop
    antena delete
    old recaro ls-b seats
    oil cooler cover
    esm wheels (ballin on a budget)

Pic of how we picked up the car.

Leave a comment:

• z28
    replied
    I haven't found a decent front bumper to replace the old one with. As for the pictures, I am gonna try to get some pictures in a few days, I just been super busy with work and helping my gf with school.

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by z28 View Post
    I haven't posted much in a while because I hadn't done much to the car, but surfing through eBay got me doing eBay things. Ended up picking up a fake mtech 1 spoiler (one piece) that needs to be painted sating black and smoothed out.
    Did you get the bumper issue fixed? Lets see pics of the whole car!

Leave a comment:

• z28
    replied
    I haven't posted much in a while because I hadn't done much to the car, but surfing through eBay got me doing eBay things. Ended up picking up a fake mtech 1 spoiler (one piece) that needs to be painted sating black and smoothed out.

Leave a comment:

• z28
    replied
    I had to add more magnets to the tweeter pods.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X